Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zbikowski

TheJACKCOLT

Zbikowski does not look good at all. He is playing very passive, he brings no physicality at all. I have seen many plays where when he arrives he has a chance to dive in and dish out some punishment but, he seems to just be content to let someone else make the tackle. I thought he was supposed to be a physical player but, he has been anything but physical. I would like to see Joe Lefeged get a shot, at least we know he will hustle and be physical. Zibs has been the biggest disapointment (as far as what we thought he would bring) of any player on the team. Give Lefeged a chance to see what he can do or even Brown I can't see either one doing any less than Zbikowski.

I had more complaints about Zibby yesterday than anything else......the most common being, "where is he?!?" This guy is a legit boxer, was a physical presence at ND, and just looks the part of a hardass. He plays the total opposite. But on the other hand, he hasn't totally screwed up at any point that I can remember. He's no Bob, that's for sure.

I'd be more concerned if he were giving up a ton of big plays in the passing game. He's not as physical as I remember him being at ND, but his coverage is better than it used to be. For what we signed him to be, which was a short-term starter who at least wouldn't be terrible, he's accomplishing that. Chances are that's a spot we'll upgrade in the next offseason, but man has there been a shortage of good safeties coming out the past few years.

I don't see why everyone wants him out. He's not making big plays but he's not really giving up big plays either and that's what you want out of your safeties. I think everyone is still in the Bob Sanders mindset of the SS coming down in the box and making all kinds of tackles. Most plays that really isn't the job of a safety.

I don't see why everyone wants him out. He's not making big plays but he's not really giving up big plays either and that's what you want out of your safeties. I think everyone is still in the Bob Sanders mindset of the SS coming down in the box and making all kinds of tackles. Most plays that really isn't the job of a safety.

It's the fact that we pulled him from the Ravens to come here, he was beast in college, he is a boxer, and he's not showing any of his physicality like we all thought he was known for.

Lefeged sure is playing with a chip on his shoulder, so maybe if we put him in a game, maybe Zibs would get the picture?

If he doesn't want to Play with Intensity like everyone else, I have the answer to our SS problems. Either Lefeged or go to the Draft & take this guy...............

VaccaroK_Slideshow.jpg

my boy Vacarro seen him play live last year when they played OK State dude is a beast definetly on my radar as my 3rd round pick

If he doesn't want to Play with Intensity like everyone else, I have the answer to our SS problems. Either Lefeged or go to the Draft & take this guy...............

VaccaroK_Slideshow.jpg

Would LOVE to get SS Kenny Vaccaro in the 2nd after a trade down in the 1st and picking up OG Chance Warmack. Then with the 2nd round pick acquired in the trade down, draft the aforementioned safety from Texas to make our secondary great.

Would LOVE to get SS Kenny Vaccaro in the 2nd after a trade down in the 1st and picking up OG Chance Warmack. Then with the 2nd round pick acquired in the trade down, draft the aforementioned safety from Texas to make our secondary great.

Yep, one could only Dream though. Seeing how Pagano is Good with DB's.... I hope he at least LOOKS at Kenny

yea, i agree with you guys, give "the hardest name to pronounce in the NFL" a shot, seriously, Zibs was a bit more passive than what has been stated on here and "the hardest name to proncounce in the NFL" I thought did really good and was a beast on serveral occasions. Didn't have the spectacular Special Teams play but I am so exited about "the hardest name to pronounce in the NFL" !!! Seriously am !!!

yea, i agree with you guys, give "the hardest name to pronounce in the NFL" a shot, seriously, Zibs was a bit more passive than what has been stated on here and "the hardest name to proncounce in the NFL" I thought did really good and was a beast on serveral occasions. Didn't have the spectacular Special Teams play but I am so exited about "the hardest name to pronounce in the NFL" !!! Seriously am !!!

For me, that honor goes to this guy:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13387/michael-hoomanawanui

eric reid is the best safety in the country and i think he is already on griggs list.

but would he be available with a 2nd draft choice? my guess is Grigss trades down of that top 8 stop that IMO will have and get us our 2nd pick back... i do think he would look for D with our 1st but my guess is DE/NT

where is he projected anyways?

and we are still terrible in completion percentage allowed (27th in the league) also allowing 8.3 yards per catch

i think thats a deceiving number. ponder rarely threw the ball down the field yesterday. those little 5-8 yard outs are high percentage throws for every team. stats as a whole rarely if ever tell the whole story. not reliable data. marshalls numbers in the opener are the main villain.

i think thats a deceiving number. ponder rarely threw the ball down the field yesterday. those little 5-8 yard outs are high percentage throws for every team. stats as a whole rarely if ever tell the whole story. not reliable data. marshalls numbers in the opener are the main villain.

not deceiving enough to put us higher then 25th in the league in passing yards given up, those 8 yard outs are quite a bit of yards to be given up on one pass play (which means all a running back would have to do it barrel forward for two yards for a 1st down which we are 29th in the league in giving those up through the air)

but would he be available with a 2nd draft choice? my guess is Grigss trades down of that top 8 stop that IMO will have and get us our 2nd pick back... i do think he would look for D with our 1st but my guess is DE/NT

where is he projected anyways?

reid is projected picks 7 to 15 he's 6'2 215lbs 4.4 speed. great in run support and coverage, some scouts are comparing him to sean taylor.