Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Not to rehash...and it's only one game, but....

cmgww

Re-watching the game today made me really hopeful for the future. Luck looked much more poised today. Yes he sailed a few balls and threw a few off target (behind a few WRs), but he made clutch throws, stepped up and moved around against the pressure, (and frustated the heck out of Jared Allen in the process), and drove the team down the field for the win. The TD to Wayne into triple coverage was money!

Now I know it was against the Vikings, and Arians needs to be more aggressive with a lead (something Pagano addressed in the post-game presser)...but this kid really improved from last week. The team as a whole did. The old saying is "you see a lot of improvement in a team from the 1st to 2nd game" and we saw that today in most phases. Let's hope we can get the o-line healthy and playing at least acceptable football.

Luck is making the best with what he has. A bunch of young ones and cast-offs (Reggie excepted), a terrible o-line, not a great running game, and he got it done. He didn't fold. He didn't fold last week either, just forced things against a better team.

Again, it was one game. I know that. But I think he's on his way. There will be bumps in the road, but I think Irsay made the right call. Every game we will see some improvement. And just wait until we get the rest of the pieces of the puzzle in place!

Great game, great drive down the field, he looked like a 5 year vet TODAY (I stress today) on that final drive.

I will temper my enthusiasm; but a win is great, and to see your rookie QB look good in doing it makes me happy.

I dont see where or hear where Pagano addressed anything about Arians being more aggressive with the lead, the interview I watched said we were never going to apologize for a win no matter how you get it which I took to mean by that field goal late. he talks about how he had to shakeup the O Line after Satele went down, He talks about how big a win it was and learning from the tape. he says there was things they did that allowed the Vikings back into the game (which doesn't necessarily mean playcalling at all but execution likely on D in my opinion because our secondary appeared to struggle in that 4th quarter) he follows that up by saying he knows guys are gonna make mistakes, He talks about how well Luck did on the final drive, He talks about the batted ball that got caught for a touchdown