Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dallas just got whipped, NOLA, NE slip

oldunclemark

Pats looked like they were sleeping on O, But as a Pats fan the D has me giddy with excitement. It plays like this and the O WAKES up, the Pats be tough to beat.. and congrats Indy on a nice victory... your tied for 2nd in your division.

Losing Hernandez hurts, but I loved the defense again. For all intents and purposes they only gave up 13 points. (Since the blocked punt gave AZ the ball at the NE 2.) Jones looks like he's going to be a force. And as of this morning they're second in the NFL in yards allowed. Good signs so far.

Now if the offense can just get it rolling... (been a long time since any of us said THAT)...

Losing Hernandez hurts, but I loved the defense again. For all intents and purposes they only gave up 13 points. (Since the blocked punt gave AZ the ball at the NE 2.) Jones looks like he's going to be a force. And as of this morning they're second in the NFL in yards allowed. Good signs so far.

Now if the offense can just get it rolling... (been a long time since any of us said THAT)...

Ya the D gave up MINIMAL yards to Fitz, which killed my fantasy team but makes me hopeful we can handle the better WR now with our front 7 being dominant again. Oh and they only truly gave up 10 points, I mean they made the Cards settle for a FG on Brady's pick at the 30 yard line (I think the Cards went a hole 4 yards and kicked a FG.)

Also add the Pats to teams who have lost a game DIRECTLY to the replacement Refs, heard the former head of NFL referees (the guy on the FOX Pre game show) say the hold they called on Gronk on the TD run was at best a Marginal Call and would not have been called by any of the regular refs. (He said that on Felger and Mazz on Monday afternoon.)

Offense will get rolling once the Pats' O-line gets rolling. :)

Pats-Ravens will tell us if the Pats have a chance at HFA, IMO. 2 losses that early, the Pats' hole might be a bit too deep for HFA. They will still win the AFC East.

Yep, great post. If the O-line can work out its issues, the offense SHOULD be fine. Big "if" right now, though.

That defense, man. That defense could be top 5 by the end of the season. That front 7 is scary good so far.

Jones may end up with DPOY with the way that he's playing. He was held over 10 times on Sunday, and still made a huge impact.

Ya the D gave up MINIMAL yards to Fitz, which killed my fantasy team but makes me hopeful we can handle the better WR now with our front 7 being dominant again. Oh and they only truly gave up 10 points, I mean they made the Cards settle for a FG on Brady's pick at the 30 yard line (I think the Cards went a hole 4 yards and kicked a FG.)

Also add the Pats to teams who have lost a game DIRECTLY to the replacement Refs, heard the former head of NFL referees (the guy on the FOX Pre game show) say the hold they called on Gronk on the TD run was at best a Marginal Call and would not have been called by any of the regular refs. (He said that on Felger and Mazz on Monday afternoon.)

Good point on the Cards' early FG off the Brady pick. It's just nice to see a defense that forces a few three-and-outs and doesn't get stomped up and down the field every drive.

And I also heard Pereria (sp?) on Felger and Mazz.

Mazz: "Was that a call that the regular referees would have made?"

Pereria: "No."

(Couple of awkwardly silent seconds...)

Mazz: "Well that's pretty definitive!"

That said, AFTER the holding call on Gronk, the Pats still got the ball to the AZ 18 before the shenanagins ensued. One of the hallmarks of the team during the Super Bowl years was that they would not make mistakes and if you gave them second chances you were done. So losing a game like that hurt a little bit. They still had a fantastic opportunity and they blew it.

On the upside, it happened in Week 2. Maybe they needed this. If there's one thing the last three seasons should tell us it's that regular season success is nice but doesn't mean they'll go deep into the postseason. I'd take an 11-5 season if it meant another shot at a title.