Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's Worth Noting That Collins Has Struggled Against The Texans.

bayone

If fans actually stood by painter, i believe the dude would be much better than what he is right now. Stead fans are ridiculing the man cause they didnt go undefeated lol please!

It has nothing to do with undefeated... Maybe if he had a QB rating in the teens we would feel a little better...

If fans actually stood by painter, i believe the dude would be much better than what he is right now. Stead fans are ridiculing the man cause they didnt go undefeated lol please!

He is not getting rediculed because they didn't go undefeated it's because of his lack of performance. We have never gone undefeated with Peyton so why would they expect that from a back-up Painter. He can't even get past the 29 yard line so we can't even get close to scoring. He just can't get it done but this Friday's game he gets another chance and maybe he will do better. Like I said before he needs to bring his A+ game and I would really like to see him do so but I'm not betting anything on it with the economy the way it is I can't afford to lose the money.

It has nothing to do with undefeated... Maybe if he had a QB rating in the teens we would feel a little better...

I think it has alot to do with the undefeated season, if it wasnt for those games i bet some fans wouldnt have even paid attention to painter.... Like you just said if his QB ratings was in the teens youd feel better, to my recollection those ratings were from the two reg season games.

Outside of college & high school football I'm not sure why seeing it on a running back is odd.

Payton

Herschel Walker

Bo Jackson

Earl Campbell

Thurman Thomas

Quite a few legends there...

34 doesnt look good on him, just like a 45 looks bad on moore, or a 75 look bad on brayton.. some numbers just dont look good on some players.

I hated seeing him play in those two regular season games, but I can't blame him for playing. I blame Polian, Caldwell & Irsay, for spitting in the eye of perfection and taking the starters out. Sure he could have played better. It was the end of the season so he basically had a full year of practice under his belt and could have performed better than he did, but I still put those two losses squarely on Polian, Caldwell along with Irsay. With that said he hasn't impressed at all in the changes he has been given even if it was the preseason.

He is not getting rediculed because they didn't go undefeated it's because of his lack of performance. We have never gone undefeated with Peyton so why would they expect that from a back-up Painter. He can't even get past the 29 yard line so we can't even get close to scoring. He just can't get it done but this Friday's game he gets another chance and maybe he will do better. Like I said before he needs to bring his A+ game and I would really like to see him do so but I'm not betting anything on it with the economy the way it is I can't afford to lose the money.

it is definitely because of the those two regular season games, like i said in my earlier post i bet some fans didnt even know painter was on the roster before those games. He came out and played horrible and thats all they needed to see, stats dont always tell the story, so yea saying all that i think painter is gonna have a good game tomorrow, hopefully collie can play.

it is definitely because of the those two regular season games, like i said in my earlier post i bet some fans didnt even know painter was on the roster before those games. He came out and played horrible and thats all they needed to see, stats dont always tell the story, so yea saying all that i think painter is gonna have a good game tomorrow, hopefully collie can play.

If Painter goes out and gives his usual horrific performance tomorrow will you finally come on here and say he's terrible? No making excuses that so and so didn't play or anything else. He's had the same amount of practice with the backups that he has with the starters. If he's as good as only you think he is capable of being, he shouldn't need pro bowlers around him to perform decent.

Well I certainly hope you are right and everyone else can eat crow. :hide:

A lot of fans did know who Painter was before that Jets game because I remember his first pre-season here. People LOVED Painter when he was playing against the third stringers of other teams. People were calling for us to cut Sorgi for him and I am not kidding here some people honeslty said he could be our future after Peyton leaves. If you think about it most Colts fans have every reason to want to see Painter do well, he played at Purdue and he's from Indiana. I don't know how many people I've heard that have said "Man I really wanted Painter to do well but he's just not cutting it." People want to see him do well but he's just not. I am willing to give Painter a pass for the Redskins game. Peyton would have struggled to move the ball with all the back up WRs other than Garcon and two basicly rookies on the left side of the line. So I'll throw that game out. Still based on what we have seen out of Painter over a three year stretch now he's just hasn't done the job. Clearly the Colts agree, and they know better than any of us here if Painter has what it takes, if they didn't they wouldn't have signed Collins and they wouldn't have already handed him the top back up job before he even steps on the Colts pratice field.

Did the Colts do Painter dirty by what they did to him in the Jets game? I think they did but that's life in the NFL. You either over come it or you don't and Painter hasn't. Fair or not Painter has done nothing to show anyone he can win games here to the points the Colts were uncomfortable enough to go get Collins. Painter has one last chance in all likely hood to change minds tomorrow night. If he wants to be the back up here having a big game against the defending World Champions in the only pre-season game that teams sorta try in would be the best thing he can do. If he doesn't well he'll be our number three QB.

If Painter goes out and gives his usual horrific performance tomorrow will you finally come on here and say he's terrible? No making excuses that so and so didn't play or anything else. He's had the same amount of practice with the backups that he has with the starters. If he's as good as only you think he is capable of being, he shouldn't need pro bowlers around him to perform decent.

Sorry don't see that ever happening. :neener:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/11/kerry-collins-interested-in-returning-to-titans/

Collins wanted to resign........... But the titans went somewhere else, now if he wanted to resign and the team actually wanted him why didnt they resign him? Painter has a much better arm, and can run... Collins cant do any of that. If painter struggled "mightly" and orlovsky is so better why isnt he starting instead of painter in the packers game?? smh

What good is Painter's "stronger arm" if he can't hit the target?

If Painter & Orlovsky had performed well (which I haven't seen, have you?), Collins wouldn't be here.

Obviously , Colts management agrees that painter & Orlovsky aren't the answer... short or long term.

We should have had a "game-ready" backup QB for years and haven't. Painter's production in the "undefeated season" was just an example that Painter just doesn't look comfortable in the pocket. He's looked nervous this preseason too.

Collins can manage the game and our weapons. it looks obvious to me me have a better chance of winning with Collins than either Painter or orlovsky.

QB is the most important position on this team. We've been lucky Peyton hasn't missed more games. It won't always be that way. Collins is at least an upgrade at the #2 QB position that has EXPERIENCE and can at least get 1st downs.

I don't see the problem with this addition. And I'm not sure when Painter looked good to Reggie, but I haven't seen it. Reggie needs to stick to catching balls and let the personnel decisions to the experts. With Painter & Orlovsky in the game, Reggie might not have a chance to catch a pass.

Sorry don't see that ever happening. :neener:

I don't either, but he also predicted Painter would have a good game last week and then made the excuse that he didn't have any recievers as to why he was so bad again. I don't care if Painter had Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, and Marvin Harrison in their prime, he would still be terrible.

there's no doubt the colts previous 2nd round skill set players suck some of them arent even on the team anymore so i cant see any type of sync between any of the receivers. NONE of the games painter has played this preseason has been horrific, i wont say painter is terrible until he actually has a horrible game. I will say he's bad if he doesnt have a good game. And when your reveivers cant even get seperation umm yea i would think you would need pretty good players to work with.

What good is Painter's "stronger arm" if he can't hit the target?

If Painter & Orlovsky had performed well (which I haven't seen, have you?), Collins wouldn't be here.

Obviously , Colts management agrees that painter & Orlovsky aren't the answer... short or long term.

We should have had a "game-ready" backup QB for years and haven't. Painter's production in the "undefeated season" was just an example that Painter just doesn't look comfortable in the pocket. He's looked nervous this preseason too.

Collins can manage the game and our weapons. it looks obvious to me me have a better chance of winning with Collins than either Painter or orlovsky.

QB is the most important position on this team. We've been lucky Peyton hasn't missed more games. It won't always be that way. Collins is at least an upgrade at the #2 QB position that has EXPERIENCE and can at least get 1st downs.

I don't see the problem with this addition. And I'm not sure when Painter looked good to Reggie, but I haven't seen it. Reggie needs to stick to catching balls and let the personnel decisions to the experts. With Painter & Orlovsky in the game, Reggie might not have a chance to catch a pass.

Like i said gocolts18, fans are bitter about those games that is the main reason why they are reacting to every pass that is not caught or accurate lol.. You cant win with fans like this. If everyone followed that last bold print i dont think there would be many threads on forums.

A lot of fans did know who Painter was before that Jets game because I remember his first pre-season here. People LOVED Painter when he was playing against the third stringers of other teams. People were calling for us to cut Sorgi for him and I am not kidding here some people honeslty said he could be our future after Peyton leaves. If you think about it most Colts fans have every reason to want to see Painter do well, he played at Purdue and he's from Indiana. I don't know how many people I've heard that have said "Man I really wanted Painter to do well but he's just not cutting it." People want to see him do well but he's just not. I am willing to give Painter a pass for the Redskins game. Peyton would have struggled to move the ball with all the back up WRs other than Garcon and two basicly rookies on the left side of the line. So I'll throw that game out. Still based on what we have seen out of Painter over a three year stretch now he's just hasn't done the job. Clearly the Colts agree, and they know better than any of us here if Painter has what it takes, if they didn't they wouldn't have signed Collins and they wouldn't have already handed him the top back up job before he even steps on the Colts pratice field.

Did the Colts do Painter dirty by what they did to him in the Jets game? I think they did but that's life in the NFL. You either over come it or you don't and Painter hasn't. Fair or not Painter has done nothing to show anyone he can win games here to the points the Colts were uncomfortable enough to go get Collins. Painter has one last chance in all likely hood to change minds tomorrow night. If he wants to be the back up here having a big game against the defending World Champions in the only pre-season game that teams sorta try in would be the best thing he can do. If he doesn't well he'll be our number three QB.

I can never find anything in your posts to disagree with, all im saying is THIS preseason painter hasnt done horrible at all. If collins comes in and starts flinging passes and completing them thats great but painter isnt bad at all, i think they just ran out of patience with him.

there's no doubt the colts previous 2nd round skill set players suck some of them arent even on the team anymore so i cant see any type of sync between any of the receivers. NONE of the games painter has played this preseason has been horrific, i wont say painter is terrible until he actually has a horrible game. I will say he's bad if he doesnt have a good game. And when your reveivers cant even get seperation umm yea i would think you would need pretty good players to work with.

Well tomorrow you will get your wish because he will be playing with the starters and there will be no excuses so then you can see how your wonder boy plays. Like I have said I hope he has a good game just to make people eat crow but I wouldn't count on it and at this point I'm not sure it will make any difference as per who would start if Peyton can't. Sounds like the FO and Caldwell has already made their decision. Now Painter needs to show them that they made a mistake As to your last post they didn't run out of patience they ran out of time. They were patience probably longer than most FO.

Well tomorrow you will get your wish because he will be playing with the starters and there will be no excuses so then you can see how your wonder boy plays. Like I have said I hope he has a good game just to make people eat crow but I wouldn't count on it and at this point I'm not sure it will make any difference as per who would start if Peyton can't. Sounds like the FO and Caldwell has already made their decision. Now Painter needs to show them that they made a mistake As to your last post they didn't run out of patience they ran out of time. They were patience probably longer than most FO.

Im with you... I will gladly eat crow if he lights it up.. If he does then he should start if PM cant week 1... Lord help us if PM misses and significant amount of time...

lol i think painter is gonna make me look good tomorrow... hopefully :coltshorse: