Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's Worth Noting That Collins Has Struggled Against The Texans.

bayone

Should he have to start Week One, he'll likely have Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, Dallas Clark, and Joseph Addai to toss the football to.

That collection of talent is better than anything he ever had in Tennessee.

( THOUGH HE HAD CJ TO RUN THE BALL )

Collins also has extensive knowledge of the AFC South.

It's worth noting that he has struggled

against the Texans. He's tossed 6 TDs to 9 INTs, completing just 53% of his passes.

For those expecting to see him play Friday night, sorry, but he's not likely to take snaps. says Stampede blue

Still, overall, Collins gives the Colts a better chance to win should Peyton not play, and right now that is looking more and more like a certainty come Week One in Houston.

My link

@TribStarTJamesTom James

KCollins wont play against GB Friday night. Hasn't been to a practice yet.

My link

He has also never had a Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark and Autsin Collie to throw to. I think he will fair much better with us. I wish we would have done this weeks ago because now Collins only has 2 weeks to prepare.

says that at start of my post

And it should not that collins is a slow starter, it takes time for him to get into the groove... at the start of the season in 09 he was 2-5 as a starter and in 2010 he was 0-6.... There was probably a good reason why this guy was never resigned.

And it should not that collins is a slow starter, it takes time for him to get into the groove... at the start of the season in 09 he was 2-5 as a starter and in 2010 he was 0-6.... There was probably a good reason why this guy was never resigned.

IIRC, the Titans wanted to sign him but he didn't want to go back. Are you Reggie Wayne IRL? :) Both of you support a QB who has struggled mightily to say the least rotflmao and are not happy with the QB who has.

The only thing Painter has that Collins doesn't is a knowledge of the Colts system.

IIRC, the Titans wanted to sign him but he didn't want to go back. Are you Reggie Wayne IRL? :) Both of you support a QB who has struggled mightily to say the least rotflmao and are not happy with the QB who has.

The only thing Painter has that Collins doesn't is a knowledge of the Colts system.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/11/kerry-collins-interested-in-returning-to-titans/

Collins wanted to resign........... But the titans went somewhere else, now if he wanted to resign and the team actually wanted him why didnt they resign him? Painter has a much better arm, and can run... Collins cant do any of that. If painter struggled "mightly" and orlovsky is so better why isnt he starting instead of painter in the packers game?? smh

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/11/kerry-collins-interested-in-returning-to-titans/

Collins wanted to resign........... But the titans went somewhere else, now if he wanted to resign and the team actually wanted him why didnt they resign him? Painter has a much better arm, and can run... Collins cant do any of that. If painter struggled "mightly" and orlovsky is so better why isnt he starting instead of painter in the packers game?? smh

Im gonna disagree with that. Collins, even at 38 yrs. old has a rocket arm. I would bet his arm is still stronger than Painters. Im not even gonna argue about the rest of the post. We all know by now that you're going to defend Painter to nauseating proportions so there is just no sense.

The Colts should’ve planned better if there was any possibility that Manning could miss the opener. A rare mistake by Indy...

I think the colts handled it fine, the colts had faith in their backup i mean after all thats what you have a back up for... I think the colts just panicked and signed collins... i think in the long run if they still wanna keep painter just like wayne said, this could hinder painters progress and bring the team a step back.

Im gonna disagree with that. Collins, even at 38 yrs. old has a rocket arm. I would bet his arm is still stronger than Painters. Im not even gonna argue about the rest of the post. We all know by now that you're going to defend Painter to nauseating proportions so there is just no sense.

Your mad mate, collins does not have no kind of rocket arm the guy was a game manager with the titans. Everyone in the media knew the guy doesnt have an arm anymore, idk what game you been watching but painter has a much better arm.... And i will defend painter until he has had and ACTUAL horrible game, i shudder to think how many fans would go insane if the colts had jamarcus russell.

Okay already we know your in love with Painter but he hasn't shown that he can play against starters or secondary. As for why Collins isn't playing in the GB game give it a rest he just got here. This is the chance your guy Painter better shine like he never has before. He better bring his A+ game this Friday for sure. Will Collins make mistakes probably but who doesn't when playing the game. If Painter had shown a bit of hope this signing wouldn't have happened. Even if Peyton can play (hope he's able to do so) we need a back up that can keep us afloat if he can't or gets injured. Enough said. Past stats on Collins he wasn't playing with the Colts so give him a break. Evidently the FO and coaching staff have enough faith in him and we are not coaches. :)

Your mad mate, collins does not have no kind of rocket arm the guy was a game manager with the titans. Everyone in the media knew the guy doesnt have an arm anymore, idk what game you been watching but painter has a much better arm.... And i will defend painter until he has had and ACTUAL horrible game, i shudder to think how many fans would go insane if the colts had jamarcus russell.

I said I wasn't gonna argue, but here I go. I still say that Collins has a better arm and more to the point, he can actually throw the ball with accuracy, something your boy Painter seems to know nothing about. And really, an actual bad game??? He's had nothing but actual bad games. Even Polian has finally recognized that or Collins wouldn't even be here. I just think you have went so far with this defense of painter, you feel like you have to keep it going. I don't think you actually believe a word you're typing, you just feel like its your job now.

It should also be noted he struggled against the Texans' 4-3 defense with a far inferior WR and TE core. I just hope our line can get a push in the running game and give Collins enough time to throw the ball. If our line doesn't step up its game, Collins won't stand a chance no matter who he's throwing to.

If Kerry Collins has to just start 2 games and can go 1-1 with a win vs the Browns at home, I will take it. 2 games is the most I would like Kerry Collins or anyone not named Peyton playing QB :).

Trial by fire, if Manning makes his season debut vs the Steelers at home. It would remind me of 2005, when Big Ben was coming off an injury in the middle of the season, and the Colts beat the Steelers 26-7 on MNF with Big Ben struggling (remember that first pass to Harrison TD off play action???). But then, the Steelers came back here and beat us in the playoffs 21-18 with Shankerjagt wide right :(.

Maybe we return the favor as a wild card to the Steelers this year like in 2005??? We will find out.

I said I wasn't gonna argue, but here I go. I still say that Collins has a better arm and more to the point, he can actually throw the ball with accuracy, something your boy Painter seems to know nothing about. And really, an actual bad game??? He's had nothing but actual bad games. Even Polian has finally recognized that or Collins wouldn't even be here. I just think you have went so far with this defense of painter, you feel like you have to keep it going. I don't think you actually believe a word you're typing, you just feel like its your job now.

Collins needs the time to throw though, he aint peyton, the OL has to protect the pocket and we dont have a CJ at RB that took pressure off him as u always had to worry about a CJ run or play action

Collins needs the time to throw though, he aint peyton, the OL has to protect the pocket and we dont have a CJ at RB that took pressure off him as u always had to worry about a CJ run or play action

You would think the Colts O-line should be better with the rook and the added free agents.

Okay already we know your in love with Painter but he hasn't shown that he can play against starters or secondary. As for why Collins isn't playing in the GB game give it a rest he just got here. This is the chance your guy Painter better shine like he never has before. He better bring his A+ game this Friday for sure. Will Collins make mistakes probably but who doesn't when playing the game. If Painter had shown a bit of hope this signing wouldn't have happened. Even if Peyton can play (hope he's able to do so) we need a back up that can keep us afloat if he can't or gets injured. Enough said. Past stats on Collins he wasn't playing with the Colts so give him a break. Evidently the FO and coaching staff have enough faith in him and we are not coaches. :)

In love? did i not say im defending the dude cause he doesnt deserve any of this over exaggeration. I wasnt talking about collins in the packers game i said orlovsky. The titans had a better offensive line than the colts so i do see collins struggling he doesnt have a quick release so either your gonna see alot of sacks or INT's. Collins is insurance nothing else, no one said he is gonna be the starter obviously he's gonna have to show something to get that spot... we'll see.

Mate what are you saying, i said a "horrible" game of course painter has had bad games but thats expected. Polian realized the colts need a veteran QB now that veteran QB gotta go out that and compete for the job, its not gonna be given to him.. we'll see how he does. Im not gonna say painter is better with his accuracy than collins but im not gonna say collins is better either 33tds n 29 ints with the titans... Like i said we'll see.

Barry your correct Collins needs time to throw the ball but any QB needs time and our O-line needs to step up no doubt about it but I think Collins is better insurance than Painter and he has shown that. Hoping we don't need him but feel a lot better with him or any of the others we have seen thus far. Maybe this will be the spark that Painter needs to show he can play back-up. Who knows but we will see Friday what he can or can't do against the starters from GB.

I hope Peyton has more time to throw the ball even if he doesn't need it would be nice to see the O-line give him the option for a change.

I just hope the rest of the team can stand behind whomever is playing the QB position because Collins didn't ask to come here he was called because evidently the FO and coaches decided that they needed insurance if Peyton couldn't go for game 1. I can see standing behind your team but you have to think of the team as a whole. JMO of course.

I am just a fan but I have to agree with giving Painter some playing time in a game with the 1s and see how he does. And it never a bad thing to have some experience to help a young player out. I actually se him as the starter if Peyton can not go first game. What I am worried about and do not understand is how soon Peyton has to come off the PUP list to keep from having to stay out 6 games. I apologize for adding in this post but I am new to this.

Manning is to Collins as Collins is to Painter. aka THAT MUCH BETTER.

Polian has already said that Collins will be the starter if Manning isn't starting.

Lets look at the attributes of a quarterback.

Accuracy

Arm Strength

Mobility

Pocket Presence

Offense knowledge

Blitz Pick up

Reading a Defense

Leadership

Any others? The only one where Painter is head and shoulders above Collins is mobility. I'd give him an edge at this point in knowledge of the offesne as well considering Collins just signed. In 2 weeks, Painter might have an edge, but the gap will be closer.

Hopefully Manning starts and Collins is a 4 million $ insurance policy that will never be cashed in. From a 16 game point of view I'd give Collins 3-6 wins. Painter would be lucky to pull out 1-2. Collins isn't going to be a world beater but he is an improvement over Goldilocks.

Manning is to Collins as Collins is to Painter. aka THAT MUCH BETTER.

Polian has already said that Collins will be the starter if Manning isn't starting.

Lets look at the attributes of a quarterback.

Accuracy

Arm Strength

Mobility

Pocket Presence

Offense knowledge

Blitz Pick up

Reading a Defense

Leadership

Any others? The only one where Painter is head and shoulders above Collins is mobility. I'd give him an edge at this point in knowledge of the offesne as well considering Collins just signed. In 2 weeks, Painter might have an edge, but the gap will be closer.

Hopefully Manning starts and Collins is a 4 million $ insurance policy that will never be cashed in. From a 16 game point of view I'd give Collins 3-6 wins. Painter would be lucky to pull out 1-2. Collins isn't going to be a world beater but he is an improvement over Goldilocks.

Love the Goldilocks. lol

Painter knows the system and has a good arm but it doesn't matter if he can't make the correct reads, is inaccurate, gets too nervous, lets his bad play get to him, ect.

I feel bad for him, I think his biggest issue is a lack of mental toughness. He needs confidence and a team that's in rebuilding mode could offer him alot of slack. In Indy everyone is staring down at him with contempt. I don't think he's on the right team.

What run game? Does Caldwell keep one in his fanny pack?

I said bring on the running game, the colts are gonna need help from the running game if they wanna go anywhere this year cause collins aint no peyton and even if peyton was starting he would still need the help so he dont throw as many pics. the caldwell jk isnt funny either

I said bring on the running game, the colts are gonna need help from the running game if they wanna go anywhere this year cause collins aint no peyton and even if peyton was starting he would still need the help so he dont throw as many pics. the caldwell jk isnt funny either

Fanny packs are always funny but I agree the run game needs to step up. But lets keep in mind with 2 new linemen and a shifty, bruising RB that has great instincts and vision, its not exactly the same running game.

I didn't have an issue in comprehending what you said. Yeah it's obvious that we need help from the running game. More so this year than in years past. I was just pointing out that unless Caldwell has one hidden away somewhere, it's not just going to magically appear. I do apologize that you fail to comprehend humor. Caldwell is a joke on his own, with or without a fanny pack..

Fanny packs are always funny but I agree the run game needs to step up. But lets keep in mind with 2 new linemen and a shifty, bruising RB that has great instincts and vision, its not exactly the same running game.

Thats true its definitely not the same running game, carter is short yet big and can catch.. cant say im a fan of his number though, 34 just looks weird on a back.

I didn't have an issue in comprehending what you said. Yeah it's obvious that we need help from the running game. More so this year than in years past. I was just pointing out that unless Caldwell has one hidden away somewhere, it's not just going to magically appear. I do apologize that you fail to comprehend humor. Caldwell is a joke on his own, with or without a fanny pack..

Yep im sure he is mate.

I think the premise of this thread is a bit misleading. IN 2009 and 2010 Collins played against Houston twice (once each year). IN 2009 he 21 of 33 fir 216 yards, 2 TD and 1 INT. In 2010 he was 14 of 24, 237 yards and 2 TDs. So in total that is 35 of 57 453 yards 4 TDs and 2 INTs. The Titans scored 31 points in each of those games.

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying, I don't think Collins is all that great of a pick up, but I think the Colts offense is good enough to score quite a few points, if they have a QB that can get the ball to the receivers and not make many mistakes. I do think Collins can do that. And, I don't know if it was in this thread or another but someone mentioned the Titans have a better oline than the Colts and that is simply not true at all.

In love? did i not say im defending the dude cause he doesnt deserve any of this over exaggeration. I wasnt talking about collins in the packers game i said orlovsky. The titans had a better offensive line than the colts so i do see collins struggling he doesnt have a quick release so either your gonna see alot of sacks or INT's. Collins is insurance nothing else, no one said he is gonna be the starter obviously he's gonna have to show something to get that spot... we'll see.

Curtis, relax... youre still gettin paid this year buddy...

Curtis, relax... youre still gettin paid this year buddy...

If fans actually stood by painter, i believe the dude would be much better than what he is right now. Stead fans are ridiculing the man cause they didnt go undefeated lol please!