Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike And Mike Predictions

tfunky14

Mike Greenberg predicted the Colts will go 8-8

Mike Golic predicted the Colts to go 9-7

And not making the playoffs this year.

All predictions are assuming Manning plays all 16 games.

I know the Colts schedule is tough but I was thinking 10-6, maybe 11-5.

Colts made the playoffs last year even with all the injuries they had and everyone is to be back this year healthy and ready for the 2011 season.

Your thoughts?

I'm also listening to Mike and Mike now. I strongly disagree with their picks, but expected it. Almost everyone in the media has them losing the division and out of the playoffs. If Peyton starts all 16 games, which I still expect him to do, and the offense remains healthy then we can go anywhere from 12-4 to 16-0. Most of the games we lost last year was due to the injuries and having Peyton to force some plays here and there (and there was also that ridiculous field goal against the Jags). Peyton can point up points and I'm very hopeful of the running game being improved with Carter. A healthy colts team can beat any team in the league.

I agree, they have predicted the Colts not going for the last couple years. As I said, sooner or later, yes, someone will win the division again. But until they do, the Colts should be the favorite.

They didn't leave out that with Manning, this team can still reach the SB. So they know that the Colts aren't bad.

But just like it says, these are predictions and most of the time, most of these people are at best 50%?

Peyton's health is a question mark. Injuries can change things in a hurry, but I see this team as stronger than last year. We had a good draft and if our receivers can stay healthy we could have a good year.

On the other hand, we have a very tough schedule.

If we go better than 10-6, I will be surprised and very happy. I would take 11-5 as a great regular season and see what happens from there.

If Caldwell doesn't deliver in the playoffs, we should look at Jeff Fisher.

The Texans were mentioned as winning the division.

Who will they beat that the Colts will not? Just wondering

They pick the Texans to go 10-6. Not sure what 10 games they picked to win. But Houston has to go play at New Orleans, Baltimore, Tampa Bay and Indy one time. Tough home games against Pittsburgh and Atlanta. I guess if they lose all the game I listed they would go 10-6 if they win the rest. Their schedule is a cake walk.

They pick the Texans to go 10-6. Not sure what 10 games they picked to win. But Houston has to go play at New Orleans, Baltimore, Tampa Bay and Indy one time. Tough home games against Pittsburgh and Atlanta. I guess if they lose all the game I listed they would go 10-6 if they win the rest. Their schedule is a cake walk.

Am I missing something? The Colts also have to play at the Saints, at the Ravens, at Tampa as well having home games against the Falcons and Steelers.

Your 1st problem is listening to Mike Greenburg. That guy knows nothing about football, he is the biggest dork in sports reporting. This is a guy that said Cam Newton was gonna be a hall of famer after his 1st preseason start. Golic is better, but he still works for ESPN so he toe's the company line.

Am I missing something? The Colts also have to play at the Saints, at the Ravens, at Tampa as well having home games against the Falcons and Steelers.

Were in the same division. Of course they play the same teams. It just so happens that the away and home games are identical to ours.

Mike and Mike are east coats..

..and all they know of the Colts is that Manning plays for them.....

They kept mentioning the loss of Bob Sanders..

That ship has sailed...and they didnt mention most of the defensive players we've added..

They're not stupid..they're just east coast

If Peyton is healthy I don't see any reason people would pick us to be worse. Maybe people expect him to be horribly rusty and they go 4-1 in their first 5. Texans should be better but the Colts Should he better as well. Houston could actually go 2-4 in there first 6 with loses to Colts, Pits, Ravens, and Saints. It will be very difficult for the Colts to beat the Texans but maybe we will see q smash mouth run vs run game with Delone Carter tearing stuff up.

Even with their expert opinions on this I still think the Colts will win this division. 9-7 might be accurate though. Having looked at the schedule I thought it would be at worst a 9-7 season and at best an 11-5 season.

" They get run on and punched in the mouth, get runned up the gut"- Mike Golic

Ive never heard him be so disrespectful of a NFL team! Does anyone ever heard him talk this way of another team?

That's old tired line teams have said about the Colts for years. Now with that said for the most part, especialy the later has been true. At least he didn't call us soft or it would just prove he's useing the same lines that have been used since 1998.

Under the radar is never a bad thing. Let the talking heads count us out. Btw how can anyone count out a team that's been in the playoffs the consecutive number of years we have? Just Colt hatred as usual I suppose.

Yep the last time we were "done" and under the radar we started 14-0 and went to the Super Bowl. This is the type of stuff that makes Colts fans feel there is a east coast bias. They are quick to write the Colts off as soon as they can yet no matter what happens in New England they make the case for can anyone beat those guys. I don't really have an issue how they see New England they have backed it up (despite the fact they haven't won playoff game since 2007). It's wishful thinking a lot of times on their part to write the Colts off.

I just hate how the media doubts the Colts based on what other teams do.

It is what it is, you don't like change the channel. Listen to Zack and Jack, they are from the midwest and Jack played for the Colts so they have a Colts bias :). Well when Jack isn't wanting to meet the IU football coach out back for a few words that is...

My prediction is either 11-5 or 10-6.

I have no faith in the Colts' defense. Sorry, but that secondary is less than impressive, as is the LB corp. The only two I trust on that defense are Freeney and Mathis.

The offense will be solid, with the potential to be great. Solid if the O-line is similar to last year; great if the O-line gives Peyton time to pick teams apart.

But with that defense, I don't see the Colts being a SB team.

Mike Greenberg predicted the Colts will go 8-8

Mike Golic predicted the Colts to go 9-7

And not making the playoffs this year.

All predictions are assuming Manning plays all 16 games.

I know the Colts schedule is tough but I was thinking 10-6, maybe 11-5.

Colts made the playoffs last year even with all the injuries they had and everyone is to be back this year healthy and ready for the 2011 season.

Your thoughts?

It's the great "Colts go into decline" raffle. Most sports writers throw more and more chits in the drum each year, which is predictable and cheap. Means nothing. All they want to do is "claim it" when one of the best QBs in history and most successful franchises the past decade misfires. It's stupid, and to pay any attention beyond passing distraction is equally misguided. If every person on earth took a number, sequentially, for the next 10B days somebody would hit the end of the world as we know it lottery. I don't buy into this bunk, at all. How quickly folks forget the mettle the team showed to finish with 10 wins while severely hobbled last year.

Besides, our front office makes good decisions by far & away when it comes to finding talent and I'm also not gonna buy into the idea the team has to flop for a number of years as Manning moves into retirement. Moving closer to the five year from now mark, who knows what shape the team will have. There are already a lot of positive changes during just this offseason. I guarantee Manning will want to leave it great shape for his successor. And....with Irsay being all about legacy, the real test will be the post-Manning days and continuing with winning ways. I'd not expect anything that even remotely resembles the droughts years of old.

With the loss of Bob Sanders and a terrible run game and inability for the Colts to stop the run, DUH?????? It's pretty obvious this will be a LONG season for the Colts. The only other thing more predictable is Christmas comes on Dec. 25th. Now, do I want to see them do better? You bet!!!!!

The colts success or lack there of rides on #18 health:

If he is very rusty they prbl get off to slow start, and obviously if he is unable go for a cpl games I think that guarantees a slow start unless someone thinks Painter or Collins going be do 1/3 rd what Peyton does.

If he isnt rusty and comes out guns blazing Colts have another good year.

IF I was predicting how the Colts do I say 9-7/10-6 EXPECTING Manning either to miss a few games or take 3/4 weeks get back into his old form.