Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

As I am watching this Packers game

krunk

He got okey-doked on a spin move by one of the Bears linebackers, not Peppers. The Bears run a 4-3 which means their linebackers aren't supposed to be the primary pass rushers. Constanzo didn't have a great performance Sunday -- He just stood out the least (in a bad way) as far as how horrible our line looked. I'm not gonna give him kudos for being 'least awful'

It's funny no one else in here is dogging Costanzo. Out of all the lineman who people are ticked with from that game, Costanzos name was never mentioned. To each his own I suppose....

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He got okey-doked on a spin move by one of the Bears linebackers, not Peppers. The Bears run a 4-3 which means their linebackers aren't supposed to be the primary pass rushers. Constanzo didn't have a great performance Sunday -- He just stood out the least (in a bad way) as far as how horrible our line looked. I'm not gonna give him kudos for being 'least awful'

Okay which one of their linebackers? Urlacher who will be in the hall of fame, or Briggs who certainly is no slouch. All of the Bears linebackers are pretty good players. Their whole front 7 is pretty good from the linebackers to the D line. No one said Costanzo is a Pro Bowler yet, but he is solid and he's is improving.

I see comments from no one but you indicating he had a bad game. If he didn't give up any sacks, which you state he didn't then I'm fine with him against that front, including the linebackers who are all quality. You keep talking about all of these "pressures" which none of them resulted in sacks, hits in the backfield on the running back for losses, batted balls. None of these things happened that anyone is aware of.

If you want to call that least awful, then go right ahead because there's plenty of teams that will take what he did against that team. The same Chicago Bears team who proceeded to play Green Bay the very next game and sacked Aaron Rodgers 4 times before the 2nd quarter was even over with. Virtually the same O line that Green Bay went 15 and 1 with. You don't go 15 and 1 with a horrible O line.

Sorry but their front 7 is pretty good..

far from the truth actually if you look at Edges stats the years he went off for 1000+ yards 5 times as a Colt BUT he got 300 or more carries all 5 of those years and if were really crunching the numbers while he was with the Colts he averaged 4.2 ypc while he was with the Colts so while he was a great Back, he got a ton of carries. Edge averaged a touchdown every 37.8 carries or rounded up 38 carries, Brown has averaged 1 every 31.8 carries as a colt or rounded up 32. cant run the ball if your not getting the ball much. Faulk himself averaged 3.8 ypc as a Colt but a touchdown every 25.3 carries.Its very likely if Brown got the same number of carries that Edge and Marshall got then Brown would shatter some of there Colts records and no doubt he would with better olay from the right side of our O Line

incorrect...while yes Edge got a ton of carries...PM also had a ton of pass attempts....a stud back makes your passing game lights out!!!

Brown won't have numbers like Edge even if he had 300 carries. Edge and Faulk were durable backs, Brown is not. Addai only was in his 1st two years, and this is when teams feared our pass so much that having little 80 rushing yard games for Addai is very average.

Faulk and James also were much better catching the ball out of the backfield then Brown or Addai.

Please Irsay do us a favor, get us a stud running back!!!

It's funny no one else in here is dogging Costanzo. Out of all the lineman who people are ticked with from that game, Costanzos name was never mentioned. To each his own I suppose....

Allen schooled Castanzo all day, but a lot of LTs are going to get schooled by Allen. I'm a bit peeved we didn't try to help out more by putting a TE on that side.

incorrect...while yes Edge got a ton of carries...PM also had a ton of pass attempts....a stud back makes your passing game lights out!!!

Brown won't have numbers like Edge even if he had 300 carries. Edge and Faulk were durable backs, Brown is not. Addai only was in his 1st two years, and this is when teams feared our pass so much that having little 80 rushing yard games for Addai is very average.

Faulk and James also were much better catching the ball out of the backfield then Brown or Addai.

Please Irsay do us a favor, get us a stud running back!!!

1.How is playing a full season only 5 times out of 11 years a durable Back?

2.Donald Brown has yet to be injured in his career if I remember right, that is a durable Back

3.its completely possible Brown can have numbers like Edgerrin if you consider Edge himself only rushed for 4.0 ypc for his career and Donald Brown with todays numbers has rushed for 4.17 for his career in other words both have had games where they have struggled running the ball for 1 reason or another

1.How is playing a full season only 5 times out of 11 years a durable Back?

2.Donald Brown has yet to be injured in his career if I remember right, that is a durable Back

3.its completely possible Brown can have numbers like Edgerrin if you consider Edge himself only rushed for 4.0 ypc for his career and Donald Brown with todays numbers has rushed for 4.17 for his career in other words both have had games where they have struggled running the ball for 1 reason or another

so you are saying that given the correct opportunity, Donald Brown is on the same level like James or Faulk? I don't see how you can even think this.

Allen schooled Castanzo all day, but a lot of LTs are going to get schooled by Allen. I'm a bit peeved we didn't try to help out more by putting a TE on that side.

In the case of the Vikings game I didn't feel like Costanzo played a great game. It was so, so in my opinion.

I didn't think he was schooled by Allen but I did see intances when he dealt with other players. As far as I

remember, Allen was sackless for the entire game.

so you are saying that given the correct opportunity, Donald Brown is on the same level like James or Faulk? I don't see how you can even think this.

I dont see how you can think he has had a chance to prove he isn't, but like Faulk and James. Brown can catch the ball out of the backfield and has blazing speed and has show the ability to bounce of tackles, really I think thi should be revisited after a season where Brown gets close to the same amount of carries either Faulk or Edge have gotten I think thats a fair comparison, you may be right and probably are but Brown has the same skills as both of them and even more speed

Largely due to Luck's ability to move out of harm's way.

Yeah but you can't give all the credit to Luck. Costanzo held his own at times, but there were some plays in there I have

to say that he whiffed on. Allen is a heck of a player though, so I won't beat Costanzo up too bad.

Okay which one of their linebackers? Urlacher who will be in the hall of fame, or Briggs who certainly is no slouch. All of the Bears linebackers are pretty good players. Their whole front 7 is pretty good from the linebackers to the D line. No one said Costanzo is a Pro Bowler yet, but he is solid and he's is improving.

I see comments from no one but you indicating he had a bad game. If he didn't give up any sacks, which you state he didn't then I'm fine with him against that front, including the linebackers who are all quality. You keep talking about all of these "pressures" which none of them resulted in sacks, hits in the backfield on the running back for losses, batted balls. None of these things happened that anyone is aware of.

If you want to call that least awful, then go right ahead because there's plenty of teams that will take what he did against that team. The same Chicago Bears team who proceeded to play Green Bay the very next game and sacked Aaron Rodgers 4 times before the 2nd quarter was even over with. Virtually the same O line that Green Bay went 15 and 1 with. You don't go 15 and 1 with a horrible O line.

Sorry but their front 7 is pretty good..

Look, I'm not dogging him by any means. He just didn't have a good game. He wasn't terrible but I'm not going to lie and say he had a good game, just because he didn't give up a sack. He allowed one of the Bears backup DE's to get a clean hit on Luck and also allowed a handful of pressures by Peppers and others. I understand the Bears front 7 is good but that doesn't make Constanzo's performance any more acceptable. You're caught up in what is reflected on the stat sheets, but if you were the QB in that game, I don't think you would look at things the same way. No QB wants to take many hits or have defenders in their face as they throw. As I said, eventually those will turn into turnovers. If you want to say Constanzo had a good game, that's fine. I disagree.

...And actually, it was Roach who got Constanzo on the spin move; not Briggs or Urlacher.

On the plus side, he played much better yesterday. He kept Allen in check for the majority of the game. Solid effort by Constanzo

Look, I'm not dogging him by any means. He just didn't have a good game. He wasn't terrible but I'm not going to lie and say he had a good game, just because he didn't give up a sack. He allowed one of the Bears backup DE's to get a clean hit on Luck and also allowed a handful of pressures by Peppers and others. I understand the Bears front 7 is good but that doesn't make Constanzo's performance any more acceptable. You're caught up in what is reflected on the stat sheets, but if you were the QB in that game, I don't think you would look at things the same way. No QB wants to take many hits or have defenders in their face as they throw. As I said, eventually those will turn into turnovers. If you want to say Constanzo had a good game, that's fine. I disagree.

...And actually, it was Roach who got Constanzo on the spin move; not Briggs or Urlacher.

On the plus side, he played much better yesterday. He kept Allen in check for the majority of the game. Solid effort by Constanzo

I respect your outlook. Now it's funny, because in the Vikings game I didn't think Costanzo played that well. I don't think he played awful, but more like so, so. He was responsible for that big sack on Luck by Everson Griffin for 20 or so yards although Luck worsened it by running backwards. There were other whiffs as well, but I can say he did not allow a sack by Allen.

I respect your outlook. Now it's funny, because in the Vikings game I didn't think Costanzo played that well. I don't think he played awful, but more like so, so. He was responsible for that big sack on Luck by Everson Griffin for 20 or so yards although Luck worsened it by running backwards. There were other whiffs as well, but I can say he did not allow a sack by Allen.

Yeah, they got him on the stunt. To be fair though, Olsen left him out to dry on that play. He was basically trying to cover Allen AND Griffin on that play. Luck has to get rid of that ball though. No reason to take that much of a loss in that situation.

Yeah, they got him on the stunt. To be fair though, Olsen left him out to dry on that play. He was basically trying to cover Allen AND Griffin on that play. Luck has to get rid of that ball though. No reason to take that much of a loss in that situation.

We need to stop smoking whatever it is we are smoking and sit Olsen down. I'm sick of that guy!

We need to stop smoking whatever it is we are smoking and sit Olsen down. I'm sick of that guy!

I was hoping Person would eventually win the back-up guard/tackle spot over Olsen but they cut him. That Sewell guy that we picked up from Tampa's practice squad looks awful (from the preseason game I watched of him) & likely couldn't play guard anyways. Looks like we're stuck with Olsen until Reitz and Justice get back

You may be right. I did see Roach get Constanzo on a spin move as well, though. I don't think he got to Luck in time, however

I forget actually, I know Mclellin got someone on the spin move and sacked Luck, I recorded that game so I will probably go back and watch it (seeing as how I either delete the Vikings game by accident or my DVR didn't record the whole game either way its enough to make my bloodpressure rise)

I was hoping Person would eventually win the back-up guard/tackle spot over Olsen but they cut him. That Sewell guy that we picked up from Tampa's practice squad looks awful (from the preseason game I watched of him) & likely couldn't play guard anyways. Looks like we're stuck with Olsen until Reitz and Justice get back

I think that will be this week. Honestly I think if Reitz is back this week, they will be starting him and Essex at the guards for the next game. Seriously!

I think that will be this week. Honestly I think if Reitz is back this week, they will be starting him and Essex at the guards for the next game. Seriously!

Agreed. Reitz is a borderline stud, IMO, and Essex impressed me yesterday considering the limited practice he had. I think once we finally get healthy, our line will be serviceable, at the least

Agreed. Reitz is a borderline stud, IMO, and Essex impressed me yesterday considering the limited practice he had. I think once we finally get healthy, our line will be serviceable, at the least

All I know is I've had about as much as I can take from that Olsen and Linkenbach.