Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

As I am watching this Packers game

krunk

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was no co-incidence that the Bears offense took control once that big fattie Webb jumped on Freeney's leg. :(

Bears' O-line is not transformed by any means, their D has always been good. I feel better about our first 14 points at least.

Adam Vinatieri makes that FG and it is 17-10 at the half. We are better than we showed vs the Bears, offensively. Defensively, we would have given up 30 points even with Freeney probably but more damage through the ground. That is why offensively I expect us to hit 30 vs the Vikes.

We need to draft defense like crazy next year. The OL can be addressed in Free Agency.

I don't know about that. We tried that this year (i.e. Justice, McGlynn, Satele, etc)... Hasn't turned out so well so far.

Personally, I think we draft offensive linemen and defensive linemen.

I don't know about that. We tried that this year (i.e. Justice, McGlynn, Satele, etc)... Hasn't turned out so well so far.

Yes, but I think it will be a mix of FA's and draftees. You can't use all of your draft picks on lineman if a stud WR or CB is there.

Webb is having problems with Matthews speed and active hands and outside to inside moves, the reason Webb had little trouble with Freeney was Freeney tried to run right through him or ran himself more often then not out of the play plus it looks as if Green Bay haS timed there blitzes better then we did, often times I felt we gave ours away

Webb is having problems with Matthews speed and active hands and outside to inside moves, the reason Webb had little trouble with Freeney was Freeney tried to run right through him or ran himself more often then not out of the play plus it looks as if Green Bay they have timed there blitzes better then we did, often times I felt we gave ours away

Dom Capers >>>>> Greg Manusky

at the end of the day being an OLB its about angles and awareness, angles to cut off and tackle the ball carrier and awareness to know whether its a run or pass and ability to get off blocks to stop that run, Freeney and Mathis have to develop that or its "look at that gaping hole Freeney made by overpursuiting and lack of awareness", yes Freeney has had a great career pass rushing but that doesnt necessarily equate to great or even good awareness that has to do with more strength and athleticism and speed, thats what sets Matthews aside from Freeney in Freeneys new role

think he is talking about real free agents...not low dollar patch work guys grigson had to work with this year.

Aarons Rodgers' stats vs bears: 22 for 32, 219 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT(could've easily been 2 had Briggs not dropped an easy pick that hit him in his chest).

Andrew Luck's stats vs bears: 23 for 45, 309 Yards, 1 TD, 3 INT

Honestly in comparison it doesn't seem so bad. Everyone knew we would lose to the Bears and we put 2 points less than the Packers did against the same defense and we were on the road while Packers were at home. I expect a much better week out of Luck against a weaker D, even though that Viking D-Line scares me with the Swiss cheese O-line we have lol. :omg: .

Aarons Rodgers' stats vs bears: 22 for 32, 219 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT(could've easily been 2 had Briggs not dropped an easy pick that hit him in his chest).

Andrew Luck's stats vs bears: 23 for 45, 309 Yards, 1 TD, 3 INT

Honestly in comparison it doesn't seem so bad. Everyone knew we would lose to the Bears and we put 2 points less than the Packers did against the same defense and we were on the road while Packers were at home. I expect a much better week out of Luck against a weaker D, even though that Viking D-Line scares me with the Swiss cheese O-line we have lol. :omg: .

And 2 of Lucks picks should have or could have been TDs had he not underthrew the WR

Satele is a secondary free agent. McGlynn is a bottom rung free agent. That's what you're limited to when you're tight on cap space. We won't be tight on cap space next year. If you want immediate improvement at offensive line, you're better off addressing at least one spot in free agency.