Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos may not have # 3 CB Chris Harris , (merge)

bayone

Broncos cornerback Chris Harris sits out;

A sprained ankle is keeping Chris Harris, the Broncos' third cornerback, out of practice as the team begins its preparations for Monday night's game against Atlanta.

Harris suffered the injury in the fourth quarter of Sunday's victory against Pittsburgh. Harris was able to finish that game, but was wearing a protective boot on his foot earlier this week.

The Broncos would love to have Harris healthy as they prepare to play Atlanta, a team that scored 40 points last week against Kansas City and has one of the best receiver duos in Roddy White and Julio Jones. Jones caught two touchdown passes Sunday, and White used his Twitter account on Wednesday to sayhe thinks the Falcons will be able to challenge the Broncosdeep.

Read more:Broncos cornerback Chris Harris sits out; newly signed Dan Koppen practices - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...n#ixzz26NdhSqA9

PostBroncosDemaryius Thomas is listed on injury reporter with a shoulder, but he was a full participant in practice for#Broncos

Read more:Denver Broncos, Peyton Manning News, Scores, Roster, Stats - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...0#ixzz26NeTK29O

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Broncos coach John Fox said Thomas was able to participate fully in Thursday’s practice, the first session in preparation for Monday’s game at Atlanta.

It shouldn’t be all that surprising to anyone who saw Thomas throw a stiff-arm on Pittsburgh safety Troy Polumalu.

Polumalu then tackled Thomas on the Broncos sideline by flipped the wide receiver onto his back while grasping Thomas’ arm.

Thomas played the full game for the Broncos.

http://blogs.denverp...y-report/15662/

They have an extra day to prepare before Monday night's game in Atlanta, but the Broncos will be short-handed in the secondary against the up-tempo Falcons offense if cornerback Chris Harris' ankle doesn't improve in the next two days.

Harris was not in uniform during the open portion of Friday's practice.

He has a sprained right ankle and has yet to practice this week. Since the Broncos kept just five cornerbacks at their roster cutdown to 53 players to open the season, Harris' injury could leave them with just four cornerbacks in Atlanta.

And just two of the four cornerbacks on the field Friday — Champ Bailey and Tracy Porter — have started more than one game in the NFL.

Tony Carter, who would take Harris' spot in the nickel (five defensive backs), has one career start for the Broncos in 2009 and has played in only seven NFL games.

The team's remaining cornerback, Omar Bolden, is a rookie. & last year was College season cut short with ACL tear I believe

re:Broncos cornerback Chris Harris still a question mark against Falcons - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...t#ixzz26TMf3LzV

They have an extra day to prepare before Monday night's game in Atlanta, but the Broncos will be short-handed in the secondary against the up-tempo Falcons offense if cornerback Chris Harris' ankle doesn't improve in the next two days.

I'm not counting on him. He was in a boot yesterday, I think.

Besides unloading Cassius Vaughn to us in a trade, who else did they release in cut downs? Would any of them be available to sign back on? If Fox and Elway aren't worried, I guess I'm not either. We'll see what they decide to do.

We let go Syd'Quan Thompson and Drayton Florence. I don't know what happened to them...

We let go Syd'Quan Thompson and Drayton Florence. I don't know what happened to them...

They sucked. They were always trailing even 2nd and 3rd string wideouts. I saw Florence with the Lions the other day trailing the Rams wideouts and was not a bit surprised. :)

Besides, they can always go get a nickel CB in the market, just not an outside one like Champ or Tracy.

They sucked. They were always trailing even 2nd and 3rd string wideouts. I saw Florence with the Lions the other day trailing the Rams wideouts and was not a bit surprised. :)

Besides, they can always go get a nickel CB in the market, just not an outside one like Champ or Tracy.

Yes, they did!!! And Florence was relatively expensive!

Dropoff between 1st teamers and the rest was stunning. We cannot afford many injuries. But I guess that's true for every team to some extent.

He has a sprained right ankle and has yet to practice this week. Since the Broncos kept just five cornerbacks at their roster cutdown to 53 players to open the season, Harris' injury could leave them with just four cornerbacks in Atlanta.

And just two of the four cornerbacks on the field Friday — Champ Bailey and Tracy Porter — have started more than one game in the NFL.

Tony Carter, who would take Harris' spot in the nickel (five defensive backs), has one career start for the Broncos in 2009 and has played in only seven NFL games.

The team's remaining cornerback, Omar Bolden, is a rookie. & last year was College season cut short with ACL tear I believe

re:Broncos cornerback Chris Harris still a question mark against Falcons - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...t#ixzz26TMf3LzV

Not good....'B'...not good at all.

Atlanta can roast you at home....

they'll have to blitz more if they dont have the cover people.

This might change Peyton's game plan, too...more ball control