Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Changing of the Guards

atapcl

Holy Cow. I was worried about our OL this year but everyone kept saying it was an overstatement. What gives? Please list the worst offensive lines in the NFL. "1" being the worst and list on down from there the bottom 5.

Rodgers and "jay" never do nothing wrong "Cutler "

were sacked prob a total of .... 10 time combined?

And Indy is bad? perspective.....

Most Lol are over reacting when it comes the the Oline.... players like Jeff likenbach has no place on an NFL team... but guys like justice, Samson are good Lineman... both can play football... this team will look much better as the season goes on.. by week six the Oline will look like Costanzo LT, Mike LG, Samson C, Essex RG, Justice RT.

will be the best looking Oline since the days of Glenn

Pump your brakes homes, that line up has nothing over Glenn,lilja,Saturday,Scott, and diem

Pump your brakes homes, that line up has nothing over Glenn,lilja,Saturday,Scott, and diem

I said since the days of Glenn meaining thats when the Oline was as good..... and i think they can be better we all know the oline was half as good because peyton would get the ball out fast.

Even with saturday, diem and Costanzo the colts Oline sucked last year.... so it definitely wasnt because diem or saturday were anchors in the day of Glenn.

O god Olsen is starting against the likes of Kevin Williams and guion. Time to nut up or shut up. Hopefully with Essex breathing down their neck and wanting to take his position, maybe it will motivate Olsen.

Satele and McGlynn worry me more than Olsen. At least Olsen sucks for a reason. He's a backup. Satele was god awful sunday, and he's supposed to be a starter. For as big as Mcglynn is, he's the weakest person I've ever seen at that size. Must be all fat, no muscle. I've seen enough of him to say without a shadow of a doubt that he's not the answer -- this year or going forward.

Our starting line needs to be

Constanzo

Reitz

Satele (no choice)

Essex

Justice

Anything else, and we'll struggle to move the ball most Sunday's

5 worst O Lines in football (my opinion) 1 being worst 5 being well not the worst

1.Cardinals

2.Colts

3.Bears

4.Redskins

5.Seahawks

Whoa now....The Redskins are probably one of the best 5, not the worst 5 O lines in football. It's tough to measure and opinions vary, but early returns are the Redskin's line has gelled.

5 worst O Lines in football (my opinion) 1 being worst 5 being well not the worst

1.Cardinals

2.Colts

3.Bears

4.Redskins

5.Seahawks

No Steelers? I also think the Bears line is worse than ours, they have a better HB which can trick you into thinking otherwise.

No Steelers? I also think the Bears line is worse than ours, they have a better HB which can trick you into thinking otherwise.

Im not convinced Forte is better then Brown, Forte average ypc is the same as Browns but Brown has far less carries and catches but he has only started 12 games so far

I thought it was Zone because I have seen Olsen have to come out of his stance from the LG spot and go clear around to the right of the Right Tackle a few times 1 in preseason and once vs the Bears that I remember, I remember thinking WHAT THE HECK if your gonna do that just take out the LG altogether!

Pulling guards and centers is a staple of classic power blocking and can be very effective when executed correctly (as can be said of most NFL schemes, of course). It's far less common in zone blocking, particularly in the outside zone, Shanahan-style scheme a lot of people tend to think of when they hear the words zone blocking. That scheme is more about flowing laterally as a unit and requires players to generally maintain ranks to produces double teams at the point of attack and then get up to the second level.

Whoa now....The Redskins are probably one of the best 5, not the worst 5 O lines in football. It's tough to measure and opinions vary, but early returns are the Redskin's line has gelled.

give it time lol, the Skins ran the ball 43 times

We've been over this before, Gavin. The poor perception of the Skins offensive line is based solely on their slow start to the season in 2011 and the sacks allowed statistics which were dramatically skewed by bad QB play (I've mentioned John Beck's extremely negative contribution to those numbers in one game here before). Fact is, they finished the season extremely strong both as a run blocking unit and in pass protection without their top two offensive linemen (LT Williams and LG Lichtensteiger) out on the field.

I wouldn't call them a top unit at this point but they are at least average.

Satele and McGlynn worry me more than Olsen. At least Olsen sucks for a reason. He's a backup. Satele was god awful sunday, and he's supposed to be a starter. For as big as Mcglynn is, he's the weakest person I've ever seen at that size. Must be all fat, no muscle. I've seen enough of him to say without a shadow of a doubt that he's not the answer -- this year or going forward.

Constanzo

Reitz

Satele (no choice)

Essex

Justice

Mcglynn does look more like a chub then a stud. I guess Satele is only good when he has a left and right guard that are actually good. Like in Oakland and miami

Constanzo

Reitz

Satele (no choice)

Essex

Justice

Wow...I love how people on the internet love to say things like other people must be the weakest person ever for a guy that size and more or less just call them fat. Let's be honest would you say that to him if you saw him in person? I am betting you wouldn't even if you tell me you would. If you want to say he's weak just say he's weak. For the record I wouldn't disagree with you that McGlynn has not preformed well enough to this point. Just no need to try to take a shot at him.

As for the line up this weekend Reitz has already been ruled out so it wont happen. Also Essex told someone covering him earlier this week he needs a week to get things down and to make up for not playing football the past couple of weeks. Once he's comfortable it would not shock me if he takes over the right guard spot assuming Reitz has come back by that point.

Wow...I love how people on the internet love to say things like other people must be the weakest person ever for a guy that size and more or less just call them fat. Let's be honest would you say that to him if you saw him in person? I am betting you wouldn't even if you tell me you would. If you want to say he's weak just say he's weak. For the record I wouldn't disagree with you that McGlynn has not preformed well enough to this point. Just no need to try to take a shot at him.

Wow... I love when people word pinch the most insignificant part of my post, taking it totally out of context, and ignoring the overall point. I said McGlynn is one of the weakest people I've ever seen at his size. He's top heavy with a big beer gut but has little chicken legs and no back side, which is why he gets thrown around like a rag doll by linebackers almost 100 lbs lighter than him routinely. I don't like him as a starting guard for our team, was my point.

Furthermore, I don't see how saying he's "weak," rather than "weakest I've ever seen" would be any less offensive to Mr. Mcglynn. Considering you said you pretty much agreed with me, it's safe to say we're bickering over nothing and your reply to me was just for the sake of being argumentative. Good job

As for the line up this weekend Reitz has already been ruled out so it wont happen. Also Essex told someone covering him earlier this week he needs a week to get things down and to make up for not playing football the past couple of weeks. Once he's comfortable it would not shock me if he takes over the right guard spot assuming Reitz has come back by that point.

I'm aware Reitz isn't playing and that the coaches won't start Essex right away. What I posted was, what I feel is, the optimal starting lineup for the pieces we currently have on the roster. I understand our current situation heading into the game against the Vikes.

Wow... I love when people word pinch the most insignificant part of my post, taking it totally out of context, and ignoring the overall point. I said McGlynn is one of the weakest people I've ever seen at his size. He's top heavy with a big beer gut but has little chicken legs and no back side, which is why he gets thrown around like a rag doll by linebackers almost 100 lbs lighter than him routinely. I don't like him as a starting guard for our team, was my point.

Furthermore, I don't see how saying he's "weak," rather than "weakest I've ever seen" would be any less offensive to Mr. Mcglynn. Considering you said you pretty much agreed with me, it's safe to say we're bickering over nothing and your reply to me was just for the sake of being argumentative. Good job

I'm aware Reitz isn't playing and that the coaches won't start Essex right away. What I posted was, what I feel is, the optimal starting lineup for the pieces we currently have on the roster. I understand our current situation heading into the game against the Vikes.

I didn't word pinch or make it look like I was taking it out of context. I quoted your whole post and responded to your whole post. Had I word pinched I would have just quoted that one sentence and only responded to your one sentence. I didn't. I just didn't think you needed to be as harsh as you came across to me that's not being argumentative that's me just saying I didn't agree with the way you stated your opinion and it was a little over the top. That's what a forum is for.

As for the later part that's my fault I miss read your first post and thought you said anything less and we will struggle to move the ball on Sunday. I missed the most Sundays part. Again that's my fault.