Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When will Luck be given the keys to the No Huddle?

ColtsBlueFL

Give him the keys now......let him run the show and learn from his mistakes. Only way to learn.

With that offensive line and young WRs, no thank you.

We need to get at least a year for our young WRs and we need some real offensive lineman in there to protect him and not end up in huddled masses laying at his feet.

I would say give them this year to learn the system, sprinkle it in next year, and then hit the ground running year three.

I agree he has to use it...and probably will...especially the two minute drills. I do feel however you need stability on the o-line before you can run that. We have so many starters out and so many rookies (Allen, Fleener, Hilton, Brazill, Ballard) and a rotating offensive line it just would be hard to do until we get some continuity to our offense. Perhaps if we can string together a couple consistant weeks maybe the bye week we work a little in. As we sit now there is no reason to hurry up a play to have our QB sacked. All that does is put your defense on the field faster and longer. Time....they all need it. QB's all look more comfortable in a no huddle and hurry up offense....its always the rest that struggle or break down.

Manning personified it. Other teams are rushing to do it too. I just wonder when Andrew and the O will be ready to run no huddle O?

http://milehighsport...tay-in-the-nfl/

Broncos/Falcons game should be classic!

CBF....

I think we have to get a consistent starting O-line.....that can pick up a variety of calls at the line....

We're going to need maybe 1/2 a season...I think our skill guys could run it eaisly but like PW555 says..the line cant yet..I would bet

Plus..you have to be in supreme shape on the line to run that a lot and I dont know if we've addressed that

I don't think Luck is the hold up. I think it's the rest of the guys on offense. Remember we playing at least five other rookies on offense on a regular bases and that's not counting the other guys who either second year players or this is really their first time honestly playing in the NFL. The coaches have said Luck picks up on anything they show him real fast. He could probably handle the no-huddle right now if asked too however it's not going to do us any good if the rest of the offense is still trying to get the offense down. Keep in mind even the vets like Wayne are having to learn a new offense. So I am not sure if the guys as a whole are ready for the no huddle yet. I think they can use it in spots like in the 2 minute drill but I think it'll be it a little till they are ready for it all game like Peyton likes to run if the new coaching staff even wants them doing that.

I don't think Luck is the hold up. I think it's the rest of the guys on offense. Remember we playing at least five other rookies on offense on a regular bases and that's not counting the other guys who either second year players or this is really their first time honestly playing in the NFL. The coaches have said Luck picks up on anything they show him real fast. He could probably handle the no-huddle right now if asked too however it's not going to do us any good if the rest of the offense is still trying to get the offense down. Keep in mind even the vets like Wayne are having to learn a new offense. So I am not sure if the guys as a whole are ready for the no huddle yet. I think they can use it in spots like in the 2 minute drill but I think it'll be it a little till they are ready for it all game like Peyton likes to run if the new coaching staff even wants them doing that.

The coaches really need to stop all this hyperbole. From what I saw last week, he really has a huge amont to learn, and all this sycophantic bragging about the kid is doing no good whatsoever. Even if it is just expectation setting. I'm pretty sure Belichick would not be allowing his coaching staff (or owner) to be shouting from the rooftops about any new major talent.

Let him get on with his learning his trade before proclaiming him a genius. Sorry GC, if I've derailed the topic, but this is hacking me off a tad.

The coaches really need to stop all this hyperbole. From what I saw last week, he really has a huge amont to learn, and all this sycophantic bragging about the kid is doing no good whatsoever. Even if it is just expectation setting. I'm pretty sure Belichick would not be allowing his coaching staff (or owner) to be shouting from the rooftops about any new major talent.

Let him get on with his learning his trade before proclaiming him a genius. Sorry GC, if I've derailed the topic, but this is hacking me off a tad.

Learning how to play in the NFL and learning the playbook are two different things. I agree he has a lot to learn with the first part which isn't unexpected for a rookie. With that said I do believe the coaches when they say he has the playbook down. What I was talking about was more playbook stuff than it was the other things he needs to learn. I think Luck could handle the no huddle offense if he was asked to run it in terms of being able to handle the play calling and what not. I am not sure if the other guys have the offense down well enough yet to be able to handle it which is all I am saying. Also I don't think the coaches have been over the top with Luck. I think they have just tried to pretty much say he's just a quick learner. Nothing wrong with that in fact I think most people would say that's exactly what you want out of your QB.

Learning how to play in the NFL and learning the playbook are two different things. I agree he has a lot to learn with the first part which isn't unexpected for a rookie. With that said I do believe the coaches when they say he has the playbook down. What I was talking about was more playbook stuff than it was the other things he needs to learn. I think Luck could handle the no huddle offense if he was asked to run it in terms of being able to handle the play calling and what not. I am not sure if the other guys have the offense down well enough yet to be able to handle it which is all I am saying. Also I don't think the coaches have been over the top with Luck. I think they have just tried to pretty much say he's just a quick learner. Nothing wrong with that in fact I think most people would say that's exactly what you want out of your QB.

I was certainly not disagreeing with your comments re him handling the no huddle. What you said was absolutely fine. My comments were unrelated to your comments (thus the apology). I do disagree with you now though, re the hype, And it's coming from all angles, not just he coaches. And that probably includes us on here!

And if he comes out and rips the Vikes apart today, this place will go bonkers!