Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pregame: Broncos week 2 (Falcons) (mega merge)

bayone

make sure u scroll for 2nd list

by Colby of Mile High Report, like a stampede blue SB nation thing

ESPN: 9 (Last Week: 13)

Was
really wearing a Broncos jersey? Looked like he could've been rocking the
' horseshoe. Impressive.

Strange thing is, I agree. I think it is finally sitting in that we have PFM behind center.

Yahoo! Sports - 6

Peyton Manning is back, and Denver's defense is a true force. Perhaps those who picked the Broncos to win it all this season weren't crazy, after all.

I like the sounds of that!

star-divide.v59c7267.jpg

Pro Football Talk - 6 (Last Week - 14)

Even the guy who paid for the Tebow billboards last year has bought a Peyton Manning jersey. - Florio

If you don't have your Manning jersey yet, do it!

SB Nation - 7 (Last Week - 11)

So Peyton Manning looks like the old Peyton Manning. As a chiefs fan, I am very concerned by this. Denver looked legit on Sunday night against a top AFC team in Pittsburgh.

Chiefs are getting worried :)

Bleacher Report - 8 (Last Week: 14)

Peyton Manning showed no signs of rust in his first game in a Broncos uniform in a win over the
. That's not a good sign for the rest of the AFC.

Do not think there was any rust either. If there was rust, it will be scary how good he would be without rust.

New York Daily News - 4 (Last week: 7)

Yes, Peyton Manning makes a difference.

You think?

Colby's Thoughts:

I would put us in the top 10 without a doubt. I will say number seven. We still have some things to prove. Atlanta will be a tough opponent and will be a tough test for our defense. The years previous top teams like the
, Pats, 49s,
all deserve to be higher still and then it gets tough around where we should be.

http://www.milehighr...e-web#storyjump

also some repeats but has other comments

ESPN: 9th (13)

Was Peyton Manning really wearing a Broncos jersey? Looked like he could’ve been rocking the Colts’ horseshoe. Impressive.

SI/Peter King: 5th (N/A)

It’s not a dream. Peyton Manning really was that good, 129.2-rating good, in his first real game in 20 months. Really agree with Tony Dungy: The Broncos waited too long to use the no-huddle. Peyton Manning should live in the no-huddle.

SI/Don Banks: 8th (11)

I’m feeling quite a bit better about picking John Fox’s team to win the AFC West again after Week 1. The Denver Peytons looked like a pretty solid team top to bottom, while the Chiefs and Raiders have obvious weaknesses and the Chargers won largely due to Oakland’s long-snapping woes. I wonder if Tim Tebow wakes up some days and wonders if the whole 2011 late-season magic carpet ride was just a dream? The city of Denver clearly has a new crush.

FOX: 11th (16)

Peyton Manning is back, and back in a big way. He was accurate. He threw with zip. He executed the no-huddle to perfection in the second half. He will need to play that well, or better, next week against the Falcons to keep up with their high-octane offense. But there is no reason to believe that he can’t.

CBS: 9th (10)

Peyton Manning is the same Peyton Manning. This is a good team. Now comes a tough test: at Atlanta.

NFL.com: 8th (10)

Lost in the shuffle of the Manning hysteria was the outstanding play of the Denver secondary. Where was that last January in New England? Well, Tracy Porter wasn’t on the team then, and boy did he make his presence felt, with several nice plays not found on the stat sheet and a pick-six that was the biggest line item on that same stat sheet. If Denver can keep edge rushers Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller can stay healthy, this team could go far.

NFL.com Power Poll: 5th (13)

Walter Football: 10th (14)

Close call between the Broncos and Lions for the No. 10 spot, but Denver’s victory was much more impressive than Detroit’s.

National Football Post: 8th (14)

Maybe we had the Broncos ranked to low to start the season, but after watching Manning run that offense in Denver it was easy to bump them up.

USA Today Covers: 13th (12)

Power Ratings compute offensive and defensive statistics into one number for each team, while accounting for factors like recent performances and strength of schedule.

http://broncotalk.ne...2-2/#more-41100

LOL was an impressive Debute for Manning, but really he was facing a very DEPLETED Steelers D missing 3 starters on D..... His 1st real test will be against the Texans in week 3... That said Broncos are def a top 10 team.

Have to kerep up wiith Matt ryan & turner at RB, thats a high powered offense that practices against the no huddle, Pitt really doesnt as run differently there

Broncos DBs Vs Jones & Rice thats tough too,

Meanwhile atlanta lost starting starting cornerback Brent Grimes & signed , Get This " ,So the big news out of Atlanta today was the addition of cornerback Terrence Johnson, a former Indianapolis Colt."

He Will Be Trageted if starts I Predict

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/09/11/scouting-falcons-atlanta-adds-cornerback/15632/

Way to go, USA Today! :)

It's impossible to say but after watching Oakland-San Diego, I'm comfortable in believing that Denver is #1 in AFC West at least.

Yah they went the wrong way

Maybe this will story of theirs on Bronco's stadium will show u what they think are main news

IT WILL POOOOOOOOP U UP

Broncos fans: pigeon droppings ruining game experience

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/12/broncos-fans-pigeon-droppings-ruining-game/70000219/1

RotoWorld

The
worked out free agent DTs
and
Wednesday.

Denver is auditioning
replacements. Price is the biggest name and has the most upside, but it remains to be seen if he has his head on straight after both the Bucs and
gave up on him this summer. McClain was the No. 65 pick in last year's draft.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/9/12/3324574/broncos-work-out-3-free-agent-dts

I had no idea McClain was released.

I when u click on his name it still listed under last team

Panthers Release DT Terrell McClain; Sign DT Dwan Edwards

Panthers have cut ties with 2011 3rd round draft pick Terrell McClain. McClain struggled as a rookie, enjoying little success in 2011. In his place, the Panthers have signed Defensive Tackle Dwan Edwards.

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2012/9/2/3286976/panthers-release-dt-terrell-mcclain-sign-dt-dwan-edwards

Broncos can't let opposing offenses play keep-away

KEY EXCERPTS

On his way to building the dynasty of sports dynasties, UCLA basketball, the late John Wooden was fond of asking: "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?"

In the wake of Sunday's marathon effort by the Broncos' defense, when the Pittsburgh Steelers held the ball 10 minutes and 10 seconds longer than the Broncos, cornerback Champ Bailey said time isn't the issue. It's about doing it right.

"We have to find a way to get off the field, period," Bailey said. "We won the game, the offense put up the points, we got a big turnover from Tracy (Porter), but we have to be better on defense, a lot better.

"If our offense goes out and gets points in one play, that's what you want. Our job is to go out and give them the ball back in one play if we can. We want Peyton (Manning) and those guys to run as many plays as possible as fast as they want to."

Rookie Derek Wolfe. "Our jobs are to get them the ball back. It's Peyton. You want him to have the ball as many times as possible. Same for Willis (McGahee) and all those guys. We all hope they score a lot."

The Broncos' defense exited the season's first week 29th in the league in third-down conversions, even as it limited the Steelers to 284 yards. But when the Steelers kept the ball, they scored.

With the Atlanta Falcons expected to play plenty of the no huddle Monday, the Broncos will have some tinkering to do in their nickel and dime (six defensive backs) packages this week.

"It just shows you, we have to get off the field," Bailey said. "You get those guys in third-and-long, and you can't let those get away. That's on us."

e:Broncos can't let opposing offenses play keep-away - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...y#ixzz26MFjKvjM

Is that the same Price from UCLA?

Yep.

I dont like any of them, it is going to make their run D worse. But hate to say it, the guy with the least amount of talent in the group is Daniel Muir but he is also the guy that gives the most effort out of those 3 even though sometimes it may not be enough. :)

But based on John Fox's Panthers connection, it might end up being Terrell McClain.

On another (but related to the story) note...

Wow, Ty Warren has had an incredible string of bad luck. He skipped offseason workouts prior to 2010 to finish his degree and has had a laundry list of major injuries since then. Sometimes guys don't go out gradually... they drop off a cliff.

RodDY WHITE

Watching film and the broncos love to play cover 6 and cover 4 little man coverage on third and medium or short#runmiketurnerrun

“Run Mike Turner, run,” Roddy White tweets after watching film of his upcoming Monday Night Football opponent, your very own Denver Broncos.

http://broncotalk.net/2012/09/41162/broncos-buzz/five-questions-interviews/roddy-white-broncos-film-study-twitter/

On another (but related to the story) note...

Wow, Ty Warren has had an incredible string of bad luck. He skipped offseason workouts prior to 2010 to finish his degree and has had a laundry list of major injuries since then. Sometimes guys don't go out gradually... they drop off a cliff.

Long holdout this year and short time to practice couldn't help with Triceps stamina similar to the past

RodDY WHITE

Watching film and the broncos love to play cover 6 and cover 4 little man coverage on third and medium or short#runmiketurnerrun

“Run Mike Turner, run,” Roddy White tweets after watching film of his upcoming Monday Night Football opponent, your very own Denver Broncos.

http://broncotalk.ne...-study-twitter/

Odd for him to say that, isnt it........that's not 'diva receiva' talk

agreed

Strange for receiver to say and they do have turner while Steelers were without Mendahall am worried about that to combined with passing to Julio Jones whose route running got better and leaping is great

also concerned over this

u probably saw post the Falcons OC worked under Del Rio, denver DC when he was HC for Jaxsonville so may have some insight into his method of D

http://forums.colts....-rio-on-monday/

Atlanta wide receiver Roddy White appeared to be multitasking on Wednesday while he Tweeted while watching game tape of the Broncos.

White, never known to be shy about expressing himself on the social media network (seriously, just google Roddy White Twitter and see what comes up), shared some thoughts on the Broncos defense. His comments, strung together from several Tweets, were: “Watching film and the broncos love to play cover 6 and cover 4 little man coverage on third and medium or short #runmiketurnerrun. We can hit some throws over the top I think big plays this could be very interesting.”

White had to clarify a few minutes later, trying to say he wasn’t giving away secrets to the Falcons’ gameplan, but rather sharing what he saw from his own, independent evaluation of Denver’s defense.

Ryan wasn’t giving anything the Broncos to use as bulletin board material. Does he wish his receivers would clam up, too?

“No,” Ryan said, laughing. “I like that they’re confident. I like that those guys want to go out there and make plays.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/09/13/matt-ryan-agree-roddy-white-attack-broncos-defense/15653/

Broncos can't let opposing offenses play keep-away

KEY EXCERPTS

On his way to building the dynasty of sports dynasties, UCLA basketball, the late John Wooden was fond of asking: "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?"

In the wake of Sunday's marathon effort by the Broncos' defense, when the Pittsburgh Steelers held the ball 10 minutes and 10 seconds longer than the Broncos, cornerback Champ Bailey said time isn't the issue. It's about doing it right.

"We have to find a way to get off the field, period," Bailey said. "We won the game, the offense put up the points, we got a big turnover from Tracy (Porter), but we have to be better on defense, a lot better.

"If our offense goes out and gets points in one play, that's what you want. Our job is to go out and give them the ball back in one play if we can. We want Peyton (Manning) and those guys to run as many plays as possible as fast as they want to."

Rookie Derek Wolfe. "Our jobs are to get them the ball back. It's Peyton. You want him to have the ball as many times as possible. Same for Willis (McGahee) and all those guys. We all hope they score a lot."

The Broncos' defense exited the season's first week 29th in the league in third-down conversions, even as it limited the Steelers to 284 yards. But when the Steelers kept the ball, they scored.

With the Atlanta Falcons expected to play plenty of the no huddle Monday, the Broncos will have some tinkering to do in their nickel and dime (six defensive backs) packages this week.

"It just shows you, we have to get off the field," Bailey said. "You get those guys in third-and-long, and you can't let those get away. That's on us."

e:Broncos can't let opposing offenses play keep-away - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...y#ixzz26MFjKvjM

I dont think Atlanta's going no-huddle that much ..unless its a slowdown no huddle..

They are unlikely to wear out the Broncos....defense.....which is mile-high tested..

I think when you have Porter and Bailey,,,you can single cover White and Jones a lot of the time and blitz Matt Ryan..

Unlike last season..Denver WANTS to speed up the game....

This is a great matchup....

I dont think Atlanta's going no-huddle that much ..unless its a slowdown no huddle..

They are unlikely to wear out the Broncos....defense.....which is mile-high tested..

I think when you have Porter and Bailey,,,you can single cover White and Jones a lot of the time and blitz Matt Ryan..

Unlike last season..Denver WANTS to speed up the game....

This is a great matchup....

Another Prime Time Classic

Another prime time classic = my stress. I'm going to be nervous every week.

I have to keep drinking coffe with all my meds that knock u out or will fall asleep

There have been many non PEYTON games in past i would try to watch with dobly 5.1 surround blasting and 2 subwooffers pounding etc , yet i am up for the pre game show and next thing i know i awake to post game comments

I hate that

I have to keep drinking coffe with all my meds that knock u out or will fall asleep

There have been many non PEYTON games in past i would try to watch with dobly 5.1 surround blasting and 2 subwooffers pounding etc , yet i am up for the pre game show and next thing i know i awake to post game comments

I hate that

Oh, that stinks. But maybe it's not the meds but the games? I've fallen asleep plenty of times watching the Raiders. My problem with the Broncos is opposite. I cannot sleep after night games.

Another Prime Time Classic

..and then Houston comes to Denver...

..and that's another blockbuster.......

I aure hope somebody (and I'm sure someone is) documenting this comeback for future years...

here is the 'legend' stuff

Everybody says WHAT IF he gets hurt///WHAT IF he fails.....

But WHAT IF....he's as good as he was in 2010....that's 4,700 yards...and what if Denver's defense starts to dominate like they could

I know I'm getting ahead of the game here..but if the Broncos go 3-0 they have totally nuetered the tough part of their schedule..

Oh, that stinks. But maybe it's not the meds but the games? I've fallen asleep plenty of times watching the Raiders. My problem with the Broncos is opposite. I cannot sleep after night games.

I can say without hesitation its my medicine, Put it this way, My Drs themselves tell me how astonished they are that I even get up in the morning and try too care for whatever the day brings ,

The meds are Central Nervous system depressants and I am on the highest does possible of 1 , that like valium is a benzodiazapam that makes valium look like a placebo, plus I am on valium as well though try to limit it as much as I can, 1 prescription of Valium lasts 3 months but it depends on my degree of back / leg & other spasms They each are for totally different purposes OTher meds are also rediculously striong. as well

Put things this way another med I take once a day, I have to be so careful as if forget it By next AM I can be experiencing withdrawls, 2 other meds would take a few days to experience withdrawls & I am not including the pain killer med I also try to limit and just take it

& are more heavy meds involved as well

But without them I'd be a basket case

..and then Houston comes to Denver...

..and that's another blockbuster.......

I aure hope somebody (and I'm sure someone is) documenting this comeback for future years...

here is the 'legend' stuff

Everybody says WHAT IF he gets hurt///WHAT IF he fails.....

But WHAT IF....he's as good as he was in 2010....that's 4,700 yards...and what if Denver's defense starts to dominate like they could

I know I'm getting ahead of the game here..but if the Broncos go 3-0 they have totally nuetered the tough part of their schedule..

I think there is more to it than that but its a big 3

schedule , still have Pats, Ravens Saints, have to get better but Broncos play em after a bye week thats good, Tough runners to face ioin OPwn division if run d becomes a problem

Chargers always gave peyton a problem too

3 & 0 is a tall order

http://www.denverbro...s/schedule.html

I think there is more to it than that but its a big 3

schedule , still have Pats, Ravens Saints, have to get better but Broncos play em after a bye week thats good, Tough runners to face ioin OPwn division if run d becomes a problem

Chargers always gave peyton a problem too

3 & 0 is a tall order

http://www.denverbro...s/schedule.html

...all true...but 3-0 would mean they could take 6 losses in the last 13 games...and do you see them 7-6 in the last 13?

..and losses outside the conference (NOLA) arent a big deal...

3-0 would also give the Bronocos tiebreakers against Houston and Pittsburgh.....and that's crucial later

I think getting the best overall record is more important to Denver because of the God-given home field advanatge they have.

but you are right............its too early to get too excited

...all true...but 3-0 would mean they could take 6 losses in the last 13 games...and do you see them 7-6 in the last 13?

..and losses outside the conference (NOLA) arent a big deal...

3-0 would also give the Bronocos tiebreakers against Houston and Pittsburgh.....and that's crucial later

I think getting the best overall record is more important to Denver because of the God-given home field advanatge they have.

but you are right............its too early to get too excited

Excellent points, esp with tiebreaker issue and yes will win at least 7 probably more in the remaining games, werent sure if u meant 7 or more

Must go now have a good day