Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My 2 pence

GoColtsGo5150

Here is my verdict from yesterday's game:

Offense

Although he performed way below standard yesterday, I think Andrew luck did as well as he was gonna do. He was very lucky to have only been sacked twice with the likes of Urlacher, Briggs, Peppers etc against such a bad o-line.

Despite the two frustrating drops yesterday, D Brown showed great talent with a YPC over 5 and once again he was lucky to do as well as he did. Wayne and Fleener played well ( Wayne in particular who I feel will be the Steve Smith of this year.) Except for Satele, the whole Oline was awful, Luck kept on being made to throw on the run ( and eventually get picked.)

Defense/ST

Mathis has definitely gotten use to becoming an LB as he TBH was the only one causing any really threat to Cutler. Although I was impressed with Mike LBs, I felt the wind sucked out of our sails as soon as Freeney was getting taped up ( Hughes was not effective in any manner.) Although only being he for 2 weeks, Davis impressed me as he was physical and he went after the ball carrier. Powers also played quite well. The other CBs had me shouting at the TV with all those stupid unnecessary penalties. Lefeged and McAfee were too good on ST( that's something you all must agree with.)

Overall I wasn't too disappointed that we lost but I was definitely hoping for a win. Roll on to next week.

I'm hoping we really go after at least one veteran O-lineman in FA this offseason. Add a couple more solid O-lineman through FA and/or early in the draft to help Satele and give Castonzo a little more time to develop and I think quite a few of our offensive problems will be solved. As a group the o-line showed very small flashes of some nice run blocking but they couldn't give Luck any protection, he had Bears in his face all day.

Offense

Although he performed way below standard yesterday, I think Andrew luck did as well as he was gonna do. He was very lucky to have only been sacked twice with the likes of Urlacher, Briggs, Peppers etc against such a bad o-line.

Despite the two frustrating drops yesterday, D Brown showed great talent with a YPC over 5 and once again he was lucky to do as well as he did. Wayne and Fleener played well ( Wayne in particular who I feel will be the Steve Smith of this year.) Except for Satele, the whole Oline was awful, Luck kept on being made to throw on the run ( and eventually get picked.)

Defense/ST

Mathis has definitely gotten use to becoming an LB as he TBH was the only one causing any really threat to Cutler. Although I was impressed with Mike LBs, I felt the wind sucked out of our sails as soon as Freeney was getting taped up ( Hughes was not effective in any manner.) Although only being he for 2 weeks, Davis impressed me as he was physical and he went after the ball carrier. Powers also played quite well. The other CBs had me shouting at the TV with all those stupid unnecessary penalties. Lefeged and McAfee were too good on ST( that's something you all must agree with.)

Overall I wasn't too disappointed that we lost but I was definitely hoping for a win. Roll on to next week.

I don't know what game you was watching but Sam was one of the worst the interior line play was horrible only line man that show anything good was constanzo other than him they sucked ,

I don't know what game you was watching but Sam was one of the worst the interior line play was horrible only line man that show anything good was constanzo other than him they sucked ,

the 2 big runs by Brown were due to the fact that there was a gap up the middle and I felt Satele cause that hole to open up. Anyway Linkenbach sucks

I admit to being somewhat of an optimist, but I really feel like Rookie or not Andrew looked like he had an off game. I know that sounds silly since he doesn't have a real game to compare it to, but I really think he could have done better with or without the lessons to be learned.

Well, considering he faced a very good Bears team and had been pressured on the majority of his pass attempts, I'm happy with his performance. It's hard not to have an off day when you have Henry Melton and every other Bear D-lineman collapsing the pocket

the 2 big runs by Brown were due to the fact that there was a gap up the middle and I felt Satele cause that hole to open up. Anyway Linkenbach sucks

Rewatch the game an see how many time Sam got collapsed back or was double teaming while some one ran threw the middle

I admit to being somewhat of an optimist, but I really feel like Rookie or not Andrew looked like he had an off game. I know that sounds silly since he doesn't have a real game to compare it to, but I really think he could have done better with or without the lessons to be learned.

He flat out was not accurate on a lot of passes. Trouble ahead throwing downfield to the sidelines with that Lazy ball he throws.

He will make average CB`s look like Good ones throwing to Smurfs on those passes. He needs BIG WR`s to fight for such jump ball passes.

I knew we should have kept saturday one more year his run blocking was below average but he sure could call line blocking an pass block

I disagree. I watched some of the Packers/Niners game yesterday, and against another really good defensive front, Saturday was nothing special. He's very brainy, and he's a fan favorite for good reason, but I don't think he's that good in the physical aspects of the game anymore. JMO.

Offense

Defense/ST

You hit it on the head. If I can add one more player. Conner was bringing it.

I think it is a little harsh opinion on him. He obviously made rookie-mistakes, but he was under continuous pressure of Bears' D, he was in hurry to pass. I think despite his 3 INT's he solved hes homework well. With less turnovers, there could have been much tighter final result. When the O-line develops chemistry and players will be able supporting each other, our Offense will be decent IMO.

I'm going to have to disagree. Andrew was pressured all game long non stop. Any other QB would have been sacked more times than luck was. Luck was sacked 3 times. Could have easily been 6. He avoided getting sacked really well IMO. He showed that he has awesome pocket awareness. Those short passes might not have been so short had he been able to step up to throw. He had his own lineman in his face. There were a couple bad throws yes but most were when he was almost sacked. This is an off game by the oline. They played better as the game went on. Next week will be better.