Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning is STILL Peyton Manning!

King Colt

Well boys and girls the Colts rolled the dice and Sunday night the dice came up "snake eyes". The "old man" slayed the mighty Steelers with no runs, drips or errors. He looked as good as well, Peyton Manning. I think it might be a good idea to reserve a spot in Denver for the late rounds of this years playoffs.

As for the Colts, they were shown what it is to be an "expansion team" in Soldiers Field yesterday. They looked OK scoring 21 points agains one of the best defenses in the league but it will be a season of ups and downs in 2012. The Bears are a solid choice to win the NFC North and possibly show up to play in February.

Go get em' #18 and send a Super Bowl ticket to the matyor in Indianapolis.

Peyton looked great! The Colts were going for another franchise QB ....Luck was that timely choice ...Peyton will most likely not play more than 5 yrs....the growing years for Luck....I miss Peyton...especially watching him last night! I will always watch Peyton in awe of his talent ...heart, integrity! & pray he will remain healthy, uninjured and live a long incredible life! Peyton and his family deserve the best life has to offer!! The Manning family has given us fans enough entertainment to talk about and last a lifetime! I am a Colts fan and will encourage Andrew and the team at every turn...bump...because that's what fans do! Believe In Blue...Building the Monster takes time!!

He's still Peyton Manning, but he has damaged nerves in his neck that may regrow or they might not. Only some hard sacks will tell if he can handle an entire season.

I dont think its like that Jason..

His neck is healthy (obviously he could suffer a knee or shoulder injury) but his neck is more solid than its been if I understand the surgery//. h's OK..

His arm strength Sunday is probably what he has for this year.......and its similar to what he had in 2010.

From his demeanor..I dontthink he's happy with how he played...but if they beat Atlanta....on Monday...they have a big chance to go 10-6...or 11-5 and a win over Pitt is an early tie-breaker

If they beat Houston they would have 2 big tiebreakers for the long haul....

Look at the back end of their schedule....If they go 3-0 everybody else has got a problem

At least one more SB ring. Who can compete with the Broncos this year? The Texans, Chargers, Ravens and the Pats. Should be fun to watch especially if it all came down to a Brady vs. Manning final confrontation.

Patriots and Broncos play in a few weeks, so you'll get a bit of a preview :)

Let's keep in mind, of course, that the Steelers were playing without two of their top players in Harrison and Clark. That DID help a bit last night.

But Peyton definitely looked solid. I'm definitely fan of the Broncos' WRs.

True Viri..but that's the beauty of it..

Pitt can get healthy and beat up other AFC contenders......while we (Denver) hold the tiebreaker over them..

..and the Broncos are already one game up on KC and Monday's Oak/SD loser

True Viri..but that's the beauty of it..

Pitt can get healthy and beat up other AFC contenders......while we (Denver) hold the tiebreaker over them..

..and the Broncos are already one game up on KC and Monday's Oak/SD loser

I tend to think that the Broncos may actually cruise through the AFC West.

I personally think that the Steelers might be the 3rd best team in the AFC North; they don't impress me at all. Bad O-line, average at best running game, and a guy who can't be a pure passing QB at the helm.

Peyton was great. somehow, i think he won't go the full 5 years. I think he hangs it up by the time he turns 40.

You do realize that if he plays for the full 5yrs, he will be retiring at age 40, right?

Plays this season at 36, next at 37, 38, 39 and 40...then retires...so yes, if you think he hangs them up at 40, that would have him playing the full 5yrs

I am happy for Peyton and he looked great. Didn't look like he lost much of anything to me. I would be lying if I said seeing him last night didn't stir up some old feelings while watching him commandeer that offense like that. That said...I still stand by the Colts' decision at the time it had to be made. Manning's time is right now and I hope he can cash his chips in one last time in Denver. They got a shot this year.

Let's keep in mind, of course, that the Steelers were playing without two of their top players in Harrison and Clark. That DID help a bit last night.

Patriots and Broncos play in a few weeks, so you'll get a bit of a preview :)

I tend to think that the Broncos may actually cruise through the AFC West.

I personally think that the Steelers might be the 3rd best team in the AFC North; they don't impress me at all. Bad O-line, average at best running game, and a guy who can't be a pure passing QB at the helm.

Yup, missing Clark and Harrison made a huge difference in that game. I'm not saying the outcome would have changed for Peyton, but the level of difficulty would have proliferated significantly. Please Vince Wilfork don't hurt Peyton Manning that's all I ask. Mayo that goes double for you too man. Thanks. I need to see what the Raiders look like first before I anoint any team in the AFC West Champions. If they stop killing drives by accumulating penalties, they might actually be a decent squad. I need to see what QB Carson Palmer looks like too.

You do realize that if he plays for the full 5yrs, he will be retiring at age 40, right?

Plays this season at 36, next at 37, 38, 39 and 40...then retires...so yes, if you think he hangs them up at 40, that would have him playing the full 5yrs

I said 'by' 40, but probably should have worded it before instead of by. It could be 39, 0r even 38. Because if he passes a physical after 2013, only the next two years (40 million) are guaranteed. But It means I feel he won't do year 5, and possible year 4 too, IMHO. Depending on how things go, it may be earlier (arm deteriorates to quick, fails physical, or gets his ring(s) just as quick).

He's still Peyton Manning, but he has damaged nerves in his neck that may regrow or they might not. Only some hard sacks will tell if he can handle an entire season.

non believer alert!!! ladies and gentlemen we have a non believer alert!!

but all joking aside, basically everything I said about PM came true the day after Colts released him. Still best QB in the league and good chance to win 5th MVP and comback player of the year. On top of that he makes Broncos a very dangerous team. Their overall personel is better than any that he had with the Colts aside maybe from 06 and 07 teams, which had tremendous chemistry.

oh and add a cherry on top of that, the Steelers D is one of the best in the league and Manning looked very good against them and ran the offense like its already week 6.

If the game was at Pittsburgh it would have been an even better test for Peyton.

add another cherry on top of the cherry, Tom Brady missed 1 full season, came back and played better than before. Whats so hard to believe that Peyton is doing what he is doing. What most of people need to do is admit the mistake of releasing him.

We would have even less weapons for Peyton here than Luck has. Even Peyton would have a difficult chore to get this squad to Playoffs...

We would have even less weapons for Peyton here than Luck has. Even Peyton would have a difficult chore to get this squad to Playoffs...

is that what we all should be telling ourselves now? just so we can feel better and relaxed...hehe...i disagree

1. Reggie is better WR than anyone on Denver

2. Tamme would have stayed

3. Clark would have stayed

4. Garcon would have stayed

This is just from the top of my head, if the management had any clue they would have brought Stoke back in here also just for show.

The point is, we, the organization etc. the fans.....we all messed up and this will go down as the whole Montana Young thing, when 49ers ditched Joe.

Just hope Andrew is the Steve Young part....just hope

He did make Troy look silly though.

add another cherry on top of the cherry, Tom Brady missed 1 full season, came back and played better than before. Whats so hard to believe that Peyton is doing what he is doing. What most of people need to do is admit the mistake of releasing him.

I love me some PeyPey, but there's no way he'd survive a season behind this O-line after surgery, and missing a year. The 2010-2011 season proved that there were just too many holes that even The Great Peyton Manning couldn't fill. So the fact he's on a team that actually has piece in place is good for him, he has the best O-line he's had in about 4yrs, a good running attack, and a defense that can get off the field and isn't over vulnerable to the run(although they did have a tough time getting off the field, but that was more Big Ben keeping plays alive)..

Forgive me guys, I just found out about the multiquote. Lol.

Brady came back to his own team & system & weapons, Peyton has to adapt & Broncops have to adapt & get chemistrywith eachother

But u bring Peyton back & trade that 1st pick there last year wasw a good draft and many players from different rounds are contributing starters, Broncos 2nd rounbder wolfe, Pats Chnadler Jones & Ingram, Cowboys Claiborne ( sp ) , Keerigan at DT , a big need for us was later after wolfe forgot what team went to , many others

We will never know what would of happened , its one of those big ifs

is that what we all should be telling ourselves now? just so we can feel better and relaxed...hehe...i disagree

This is just from the top of my head, if the management had any clue they would have brought Stoke back in here also just for show.

The point is, we, the organization etc. the fans.....we all messed up and this will go down as the whole Montana Young thing, when 49ers ditched Joe.

in future years with right team around him Luck will show his worth, hes good , but love peyton

& u r right those receivers would of stayed, same with Saturday

19 of 26, 253. 2 TDs..no INTs

But did anybody else sense form the post-game interview that Manning was not happy with how he played??

...and that he knows he's limited more significantly than he wishes he was?

Here is what I took from the post-game interview and to quote the title of the topic "Peyton is still Peyton" Peyton is still the same, in the fact that he will not pat himself on the back, he will give credit to all of those around him, and I wouldn't say he wasn't "happy" but as always, he wants to strive to be even better.

Here is what I took from the post-game interview and to quote the title of the topic "Peyton is still Peyton" Peyton is still the same, in the fact that he will not pat himself on the back, he will give credit to all of those around him, and I wouldn't say he wasn't "happy" but as always, he wants to strive to be even better.

That's very Andrew Luck like ;)

How do you think the Colts would have been able to afford Mannings massive cap hit, re-sign Wayne, re-sign Garcon, re-sign Tamme, and re-sign Mathis? Something has to give. If Manning is here, he is probably stuck with this O-line that could get him seriously hurt, possibly throwing to no-namers, and the defense is still in a rebuilding process regardless.

What Manning does with Denver does not reflect what he would do on the Colts. Denver has a great offensive line, a solid defense, two very good backs, and a lot of smart weapons. They are the perfect fit for a guy on the backside of his career(which can be argued). John Elway knows a thing or two about that.

FACT: The Broncos will get better week by week. FACT: A 36-37 yr. old QB is not the same today as it was when Montana, Namath, Unitas and Starr were playing at that age. Yes the defense is made up of stronger people too but even Elway would tell you the physical stuff is much improved since he reitred. Besides, Peyton can turn 40 and go to the Raiders for a couple seasons!!!!

How do you think the Colts would have been able to afford Mannings massive cap hit, re-sign Wayne, re-sign Garcon, re-sign Tamme, and re-sign Mathis? Something has to give. If Manning is here, he is probably stuck with this O-line that could get him seriously hurt, possibly throwing to no-namers, and the defense is still in a rebuilding process regardless.

What Manning does with Denver does not reflect what he would do on the Colts. Denver has a great offensive line, a solid defense, two very good backs, and a lot of smart weapons. They are the perfect fit for a guy on the backside of his career(which can be argued). John Elway knows a thing or two about that.

It is what it is, i feel there were no mistakes, no regrets, and everybody is better off, for one reason, or another because of it. Otherwise, I'm done with it. Go Colts... go Peyton.

FACT: The Broncos will get better week by week. FACT: A 36-37 yr. old QB is not the same today as it was when Montana, Namath, Unitas and Starr were playing at that age. Yes the defense is made up of stronger people too but even Elway would tell you the physical stuff is much improved since he reitred. Besides, Peyton can turn 40 and go to the Raiders for a couple seasons!!!!

I argue the defense has gotten much more physically capable over the last decade than the offense. There are no good O lines anymore, and only a handful of elite o lineman. Yet 'game wrecking' D lineman and LB's litter the NFL, blowing up o lines and blocking half backs. QB's seem better prepared out of college these days, but not quite keeping pace with the physicality of the D. I think that is why there are so many rules in place to protect QB's these days.

FACT: The Broncos will get better week by week. ---- Hope u r Right , would think offense would as chemistry develops but

Teams like the Falcons this coming week, , Pats , Saints to name a few , practice Vs the hurry up, Steelers probably dont do that as well

he was hiding disappointment he couldn't do the no huddle on the first 3 drives as per the coach & the 2 back power run they tried

also didnt like that the ref diodnt call 12th man on field penalty nor that his coach didn't challenge it for an obvious overturn, just to back up his QB argument

Announcers said challenges were allowed on that at the time