Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Its not Luck

SubZero

I did post a thread earlier about how bad the offense was but that was in the moment. Luck needs more credit then he was givin. Luck is a rookie and will make mistakes. It also doesnt help he has a terrible OL and a thin recieving corps. Iam a culprit of judging him early but he did play the a good bears team.

Also look at Mannings rookie year. And stop comparing Luck to Manning or RG3, its like comparing apples to oranges.

I did post a thread earlier about how bad the offense was but that was in the moment. Luck needs more credit then he was givin. Luck is a rookie and will make mistakes. It also doesnt help he has a terrible OL and a thin recieving corps. Iam a culprit of judging him early but he did play the a good bears team.

Also look at Mannings rookie year. And stop comparing Luck to Manning or RG3, its like comparing apples to oranges.

well i think alot make the mistake of comparing luck today to how manning performed today. to get any type of a more true measurment you gotta take lucks first outing and compare it to mannings and if you do same type opponent good D decent O. luck actually did about the same as what manning did in his first outing. now the question is manning's second game was against a patriots team that had a good D and the offense was ok (bledsoe was still starting qb). luck will be going against the vikes good D and the vikes ok offense. so i think the rookie years will be pretty similar unless luck comes out and burns the vikes bad then yeah it would be such a debate

I think that our receiving corp was good today.

I think that our receiving corp was good today.

I rhought they did well, considering we only had 4 healthy wide outs. I would have loved to see what Collie and Hilton would've done. Also with Hilton handling the return duties, I'm not sold on Brazill as a returner. Fleener looked a lot more comfortable and made some nice receptions. Luck I thought played well for his first game, considering the enormous pressure he was under from the Bears pass rush. He made some rookie mistakes, but he also made some very nice plays. I like how well he moves in the pocket, and keeps his eyes down field.

I rhought they did well, considering we only had 4 healthy wide outs. I would have loved to see what Collie and Hilton would've done. Also with Hilton handling the return duties, I'm not sold on Brazill as a returner. Fleener looked a lot more comfortable and made some nice receptions. Luck I thought played well for his first game, considering the enormous pressure he was under from the Bears pass rush. He made some rookie mistakes, but he also made some very nice plays. I like how well he moves in the pocket, and keeps his eyes down field.

I think he made those mistakes, for the O-line didn't give him the support, what a rookie needs. It is hard to play at Soldiers' field even for an experienced QB.

I was going to post a similar topic.

LUCK IS NOT THE WEAK LINK!

I have been excited to see what he brings to the table - Luck brings quite a lot. He needs help, though. This OL is going to get him killed. They did improved and I hope I am wrong and they improve throughout the season. Wayne played a great game, by the way!

Our O-Line was pretty terrible. Their front 4 was getting penetration all day long. I don't know if Winston Justice walking back to the locker room helped or hurt.

justice was doing fine before that. link struggled mightily when he came in. also looked like olsen and satele really were overmatched physically. castonzo and mcglynn were solid overall. the bears are a good team. luck will be just fine. thought he did well. couple of bad throws as neither pick was a throw made under duress. did anyone truly expect this game to be different ? i did think the missed field goal was huge.