Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It hit me that Luck can never live up to the hype

After watching SNF with you know who, Luck can never be better than that. Poor kid was put into a horrible position.

I watched almost all of his college games and never brought into the best since Elway crap. But I did let the media and preseason get me a lil too excited about what to expect out of him. I think this season will be more enjoyable with no expectations.

After watching SNF with you know who, Luck can never be better than that. Poor kid was put into a horrible position.

I watched almost all of his college games and never brought into the best since Elway crap. But I did let the media and preseason get me a lil too excited about what to expect out of him. I think this season will be more enjoyable with no expectations.

Man you sure had it right. Luck is not as good in his first game as Manning.

It's Luck's first game. Yes he has alot riding on his shoulders, but it's 1 game. I for one am not writing off our team. We will continue to grow as a team, and things will come together. I will continue to Believe in Blue, even through the ups and downs of this season. We need to stand behind our team and let them know WE are there with them step by step. GOOOOOOO :coltslogo: !!!

Trust me, the Vikes' D-line is not as great as the Bears' D-line except for Jared Allen being on the level of Julius Peppers. But they dont push the pocket nearly as much and Luck should be able to move in and deliver some throws.

Next game, I predict Luck to throw for 2 TDs at least and not more than 1 INT. Peyton did not become what he was till a year of baptism under fire. :)

The league today is so "What have you done for me lately?" Remember right after we drafted Luck? We were called an expansion team, people said they felt bad for Luck. After that Preseason debut, all of a sudden we're a 9 win playoff contender. Now we're going back to the "I'm more optimistic about the Colts than you would think, I have them winning a game." Our team meanwhile, has barely changed through this whole process.

Clearly a rookie in his first game has already hit his ceiling......

Shoulda drafted Smooth G3.

Leaf did better his first couple starts too. No thanks, I'm happy with Andrew. I know it will take time. Heck, I predicted 6-10/7-9 and miss the playoffs. All I want to see is progression.

The league today is so "What have you done for me lately?" Remember right after we drafted Luck? We were called an expansion team, people said they felt bad for Luck. After that Preseason debut, all of a sudden we're a 9 win playoff contender. Now we're going back to the "I'm more optimistic about the Colts than you would think, I have them winning a game." Our team meanwhile, has barely changed through this whole process.

There's a reason you've had warnings, and I'm going to put you on ignore.

Someone else posted this.. (from memory....hope I get it right)

Manning's first game - 309yds 1TD - 3 Int

Andrew's first game - 302yds 1TD - 3 int

So what are you talking about?

Luck had the 309 and Manning 302.

Anyone who expects Luck to be the next Peyton Manning is going to be disappointed, but that doesn't mean he won't be a top tier QB.

I don't think luck will live up to the hype but that's simply because the hype was so ridiculously over the top that no one could live up to it.

I don't think he'll ever be as good as Manning either but that's not a diss on Luck but rather a tribute to just how great Manning really is. I could see Luck reaching Aaron Rodgers level though and there's certainly nothing at all wrong with that.

I say just eliminate the team entirely. Implode Lucas Oil, everyone pinky promise to never mention the Colts again, and we all move on with our lives......

Or we could, ya know, give Andrew more than 1 game to determine his entire career. Whatever sounds best to you guys I'm good with.....

What would you have said about Peyton who coincidentally played his first game the EXACT same way as Andrew Luck did? The same man you say Luck can not live up to?

"Eerily similar: Mike Chappell of the Indianapolis Star points out that Peyton Manning’s first start with the Colts produced a similar stat line to Luck’s. Manning was 21-of-37 for 302 yards with a TD and three picks. Luck was 23-of-45 for 309 yards with a TD and three picks."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth

The kid is going to be just fine. Every pick he through was the right read, the throws were a little off but they were the right reads which tells you he knows what is going on.

Breaking news!: Andrew Luck locked out of Colts facilities.

Following the Colts defeat at the hands of the Chicago Bears, Andrew Luck, after returning to Indianapolis, attempted to gain access to the Colts training facilities.

Witnessses claim to have seen Andrew knocking on the door and pleading with Headcoach Chuck Pagano.

When asked for a comment Coach Pagano simply replied, "Andrew losing a game never entered our minds. We aren't sure where to go from here, but we know we don't need a loser around."

Since the incident several sources claim to have seen Andrew Luck sitting outside the 'Circle Center Mall' with a cardboard sign reading "Will throw TDs for food."

Thus another sad end to another promising football career.

From the Colts official forum, I'm disillusioned Colts fan.

Breaking news!: Andrew Luck locked out of Colts facilities.

Following the Colts defeat at the hands of the Chicago Bears, Andrew Luck, after returning to Indianapolis, attempted to gain access to the Colts training facilities.

Witnessses claim to have seen Andrew knocking on and door and pleading with Headcoach Chuck Pagano.

When asked for a comment Coach Pagano simply replied "Andrew losing a game never entered our minds. We aren't sure where to go from here, but we know we don't need a loser around."

Since the incident several sources claim to have seen Andrew Luck sitting outside the circle center mall with a cardboard sign reading "will throw TDs for food."

Thus another sad end to another promising football career.

From the Colts official forum, I'm disillusioned Colts fan.

Bravo sir

You should see the Colts/Bears comment section at BSPN... People already proclaiming RG3 as the next great QB and calling Luck a bust, after one freakin game! I seem to remember a short article in SI after Leaf won his first two games with SD and Manning was 0-2. They were questioning whether or not the Colts made the right pick. Well we all know the ending to that story. Not saying RG3 will be another Leaf, but calling either QB ANYTHING after one game is just dumb

Simply amazing today on this forum.

People are true victims of the moment.

Your comment, about being victims of the moment.... is 100% spot on. It's at the very heart of being a sports fan.

Win=happy

Lose=unhappy

Long Term=tomorrow (if that long)

Prisoners of the moment. It is what it is and it's hard to see it ever changing. Perhaps my least favorite part about being a sports fan. Oh well.....

You should see the Colts/Bears comment section at BSPN... People already proclaiming RG3 as the next great QB and calling Luck a bust, after one freakin game! I seem to remember a short article in SI after Leaf won his first two games with SD and Manning was 0-2. They were questioning whether or not the Colts made the right pick. Well we all know the ending to that story. Not saying RG3 will be another Leaf, but calling either QB ANYTHING after one game is just dumb

who knows what might happen to me it just seems earily similar to what happends between manning and leaf. now its just luck and rg3. i think luck will in fact be a great qb. how great we will have to wait and find out. but i think rg3 is way too much like mike vick and anyone notice that vick lost today? and vick really isnt the superman type player they thought he was going to be so many years ago? yeah i said it.

Yeah, and if you beat the Vikes next week it'll be a 9-win season again. But that's just...part of the whole thaaang.

6-10 would be a great year this year. Folks Rome and franchise qbs were not built in a day. Stay the course and remeber it could be worse would you rather have another year of watching painter and collins?

No...no I would not.

I think about 80% on this board needs to take a happy pill and chill out. It's ONE game! Several rookies are on this team and this was their first NFL game. There's an adjustment period. New coaches, new schemes, new players, etc...

The turnovers are what hurt us today. We missed a couple opportunites (Powers int drop) and this game would have been closer at the end. Luck played like a rookie as did the rest of the rookies!

GIVE THEM A CHANCE

peace! :rock: