Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

lock this...dont fix what aint broke.

BleedingBlue

So why did they wait to say these things again now? So after a week one loss in Chicago where nothing goes our way against a superior team, all of a sudden the Peyton zombies come back out of the wood work to complain about things that happened several months ago?

News flash. Even with Manning we STILL might have lost today.

Jules, unfortunately some people are always trying to ice skate up hill... :(

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, this thread was not necessary. I think it's pitiful how people turn so quickly, and always finding fault, and blame. The game today, is what it was. But to state that when Peyton lost it was due to the locker room toilet paper, was a bit dramatic.. you have to agree..

I was not exactly being serious with that but my sense of humor at times is not for everyone.

Manning always had top notch TP. Nobody can ever doubt that.

See again I am kidding....can't help it.

Peyton is/was awesome and we will always cherish him here but I honestly do not think this team was a SB contender this season even with him. He is in a better place in Denver right now IMO for this point in his career.

I was not exactly being serious with that but my sense of humor at times is not for everyone.

Manning always had top notch TP. Nobody can ever doubt that.

See again I am kidding....can't help it.

Peyton is/was awesome and we will always cherish him here but I honestly do not think this team was a SB contender this season even with him. He is in a better place in Denver right now IMO for this point in his career.

Agree. Still hard for some to accept, but True it is.

Posted · Hidden by Warhorse, September 10, 2012 - Personal shot
Hidden by Warhorse, September 10, 2012 - Personal shot

100% agree. I was hoping for a win today but not expecting it. Luck was not great but I won't sweat it. He looked like a.....rookie.

We lose today it's due to Luck. If we lost with Manning it would have been on play calling, o line, receivers, defense, the wind, coaches, the locker room toilet paper......When Denver loses a game this year it won't be Peyton's fault either.

Maybe we win next weekend. :)

That's whole post of your is a bunch of crap and I won't say what I think because it's not worth getting banned over.

Agree. Still hard for some to accept, but True it is.

He has a better shot with Denver to win postseason games right now for sure. They actually have a defense. Not to mention no real contender in the West to challenge unless someone suprises us.

We just got to keep building and growing. We will win a few games eventually too.

People can like and root for both but they are both at the point they need to be at in their careers IMO.

Posted · Hidden by Warhorse, September 10, 2012 - Repost of personal shot
Hidden by Warhorse, September 10, 2012 - Repost of personal shot

That's whole post of your is a bunch of crap and I won't say what I think because it's not worth getting banned over.

What?

This thread should have been locked already anyway. Why don't you lock it?

I dont know about you guys but I fricken loved what I saw. at lest the first quarter :) Our D and st was flat out getting after it!! O started out rough but we improved. We made some mental mistakes here and there and the wheels started to come off. That didnt show me a lack of talent. It showed that we are a new team on both sides of the ball with a ton of new guys and rookies who just played their first real game. Against a very good SB contender in the Bears. Next...

Yeah, you got me. I didnt see anything wrong with your post. truth hurts I guess.

Well the truth could hurt if it was the truth but how many times in playoffs when we lost Peyton got blamed for those games. He always took the blame in his after game interview. But the locker room toilet paper was uncalled for and not funny at all in my opinion. Sorry if I don't like a post I will say so. We all have that right that is what a forum is for as long as you follow the rules.

Colts fans are the biggest fair weather fans I have seen. Not all, but a huge amount. Really used to p me off when they opened up LOS and so called Colts fans would just sit around mouth shut tight and try to give me a crazp look for rooting and yelling for my team during the game, and during 3rd downs...now this crap all the time. one game, was one game, their first game, did I mention it was their first game? againt a top teir team...

I fought endlesslessy on the forums for over a year, warning after warning tirelessly walking on eggshells to say the obvious...again and again...don't fix what ain't broken. Don't take a chance on something that we already have when we Still can't stop the run and we still can't run. 45 attempts? Really? This isn't about Peyton vs luck or rg3 vs luck this is about irsay vs the fans and you all bit his bait hook line and sinker.

It was always about the money and not what what was right. Peyton should.have retired a colt. We should have traded the pick and got a good limenacker some plume and a rb. When Cleveland and the seahwawks have better records at the end of the season It will prove I was right.

Written from Baltimore where I chisel to go see the peoples over my beloved colts

You warned me for saying things about irsay, u

can ban me for saying the obvious. I love luck and this won't be his fault...he was set up to fail by irsay.

Gg.

Oh my God. We lose game 1 of a rebuilding season to one of the best teams in the whole league, and you freak out? You just need to leave.

Well the truth could hurt if it was the truth but how many times in playoffs when we lost Peyton got blamed for those games. He always took the blame in his after game interview. But the locker room toilet paper was uncalled for and not funny at all in my opinion. Sorry if I don't like a post I will say so. We all have that right that is what a forum is for as long as you follow the rules.

You can disagree but you don't have to say it was full of crap.

What you just said could have been your initial response. I respect that.

Play calling was bad by Arians plane and simple

Philosophically, the calls as a whole were not great. We had a lot of success with quick drops and shorter passes. Where were the screens? Passing is where have to put our chips this season with mostly short, quick stuff and a few longer passes and occasional runs to keep the defenses honest.

Looks as though the QB has been STRONGLY discouraged from leaving the pocket but that is better than a sack usually and would help keep the defenses on their heels a little.

To be fair, the OC has a right to do what he believes in...but if we do not move toward a primarily 3 step passing game, there will be more of what we saw today. The line simply isn't good enough for a conventional offense.

Enh I disagree with that. I mean first of all I think Jules said that a little tongue and cheek. With that said I have seen at times people go out of their way to make excuses for Manning on here when we lost. For example if you bring up the fact he threw an INT in the Super Bowl and he is part of why we lost people would rush in to defend Manning and bring up the fact we wouldn't have been there without him and while that is extremely true it doesn't change the fact his pick six is part of the reason we lost. What normally brings that up when someone is trying to say the only reason we won is because of Peyton and other guys like our coaches and GM were just along for the ride. Yet if we lose who was the first people would blame and if you even tried to point out Peyton was less than perfect people just jumped all over you. I've seen that happen I don't know how many times. Don't get me wrong Peyton was a great player for us and is still a great player in the NFL and I am beyond grateful for everything he did for us but the hero worship people had for him was a little over the top at times.

Enh I disagree with that. I mean first of all I think Jules said that a little tongue and cheek. With that said I have seen at times people go out of their way to make excuses for Manning on here when we lost. For example if you bring up the fact he threw an INT in the Super Bowl and he is part of why we lost people would rush in to defend Manning and bring up the fact we wouldn't have been there without him and while that is extremely true it doesn't change the fact his pick six is part of the reason we lost. What normally brings that up when someone is trying to say the only reason we won is because of Peyton and other guys like our coaches and GM were just along for the ride. Yet if we lose who was the first people would blame and if you even tried to point out Peyton was less than perfect people just jumped all over you. I've seen that happen I don't know how many times. Don't get me wrong Peyton was a great player for us and is still a great player in the NFL and I am beyond grateful for everything he did for us but the hero worship people had for him was a little over the top at times.

And still is, was going to post the same but wasn't worth the % storm it always causes. He cost us games, and I hated his little baby temper tantrums he through. Bt oh well, that's just me. But he was a great qb for us and still appreciate what he did. Bt let's call it how it is, not paint a picture as you see fit.

And still is, was going to post the same but wasn't worth the % storm it always causes. He cost us games, and I hated his little baby temper tantrums he through. Bt oh well, that's just me. But he was a great qb for us and still appreciate what he did. Bt let's call it how it is, not paint a picture as you see fit.

and that's the key like you said he's a great player but he made mistakes just like anyone else out there and pointing out those mistakes is in no way saying he wasn't the best thing to happen to the Indianapolis Colts.

I fought endlesslessy on the forums for over a year, warning after warning tirelessly walking on eggshells to say the obvious...again and again...don't fix what ain't broken. Don't take a chance on something that we already have when we Still can't stop the run and we still can't run. 45 attempts? Really? This isn't about Peyton vs luck or rg3 vs luck this is about irsay vs the fans and you all bit his bait hook line and sinker.

It was always about the money and not what what was right. Peyton should.have retired a colt. We should have traded the pick and got a good limenacker some plume and a rb. When Cleveland and the seahwawks have better records at the end of the season It will prove I was right.

Written from Baltimore where I chisel to go see the peoples over my beloved colts

You warned me for saying things about irsay, u

can ban me for saying the obvious. I love luck and this won't be his fault...he was set up to fail by irsay.

Gg.

What will your position be if the Broncos lose tonight with Peyton behind center, at home and with a much better squad?

and that's the key like you said he's a great player but he made mistakes just like anyone else out there and pointing out those mistakes is in no way saying he wasn't the best thing to happen to the Indianapolis Colts.

Yes agreed, and doesn't make you less of a fan. I just like to call it how it is. No sugar coating. I remember back in the day Phil and I, the old mod and forum used to rip on rob Morris and his tyranasourus arms. Then he cam back and and was breasting it up and gave him his credit due :)

What will your position be if the Broncos lose tonight with Peyton behind center, at home and with a much better squad?

Well that would bring about a few things.

If the Broncos lose:

1) Peyton no longer has "it."

2) Steelers are going to the SB

If the Broncos win:

1) Peyton still has "it"

2) Broncos are going to the SB

Either way Irsay still stinks because he just does and he doesn't listen to anyone but the guys he works with.

Thing is you know me better then most on the forum from over the years.

BTW I like Manning but at times I have to admit that this Broncos orange clashes with his skin tone.

Well that would bring about a few things.

If the Broncos lose:

1) Peyton no longer has "it."

2) Steelers are going to the SB

If the Broncos win:

1) Peyton still has "it"

2) Broncos are going to the SB

Either way Irsay still stinks because he just does and he doesn't listen to anyone but the guys he works with.

Again I think a lot of fans in the Manning camp would be really shocked if they learned who was more behind the Manning/Irsay divorce.

Derek Schultz of WNDE has already said so far Irsay is wrong based on how Manning is playing tonight and how Luck played today so yeah the media is loving this and over reacting. Ask me in about five years if Irsay made a mistake... If Luck is coming into his prime and Peyton is heading out of the league people might very well be singing another tune.

Again I think a lot of fans in the Manning camp would be really shocked if they learned who was more behind the Manning/Irsay divorce.

Derek Schultz of WNDE has already said so far Irsay is wrong based on how Manning is playing tonight and how Luck played today so yeah the media is loving this and over reacting. Ask me in about five years if Irsay made a mistake... If Luck is coming into his prime and Peyton is heading out of the league people might very well be singing another tune.

You know based on the past I believe you.

Both teams have the better QB for their current situation.

You know based on the past I believe you.

Both teams have the better QB for their current situation.

Yep and I believe in that.

For Manning he's in a spot where he can win now which is what he needs. The Colts were going to be in some form of a rebuilding mood due to the cap situation no matter what QB they went with. If people take the emotion of being attached to Peyton out of it it makes a lot more sense to go with the rookie QB that people are saying is the best prospect since Elway rather than the 34 year old QB as much as people might not like hearing that because of how much they love Peyton. I love Peyton I hated to see him go and wish it could have worked out different but it didn't and based on the circumstances all sides were looking at this is probably the best for all parties involved.

Yep and I believe in that.

For Manning he's in a spot where he can win now which is what he needs. The Colts were going to be in some form of a rebuilding mood due to the cap situation no matter what QB they went with. If people take the emotion of being attached to Peyton out of it it makes a lot more sense to go with the rookie QB that people are saying is the best prospect since Elway rather than the 34 year old QB as much as people might not like hearing that because of how much they love Peyton. I love Peyton I hated to see him go and wish it could have worked out different but it didn't and based on the circumstances all sides were looking at this is probably the best for all parties involved.

Broncos can make the playoffs but I still don't believe that is a SB team either. Then again the AFC is a bit weak.

If he wanted to be dead sure on postseason glory then SF was the way to go. Harbaugh is turning that organization into a monster.

Besides, I always hated John Elway anyway so I never was fond of this union there.