Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

lock this...dont fix what aint broke.

BleedingBlue

I fought endlesslessy on the forums for over a year, warning after warning tirelessly walking on eggshells to say the obvious...again and again...don't fix what ain't broken. Don't take a chance on something that we already have when we Still can't stop the run and we still can't run. 45 attempts? Really? This isn't about Peyton vs luck or rg3 vs luck this is about irsay vs the fans and you all bit his bait hook line and sinker.

It was always about the money and not what what was right. Peyton should.have retired a colt. We should have traded the pick and got a good limenacker some plume and a rb. When Cleveland and the seahwawks have better records at the end of the season It will prove I was right.

Written from Baltimore where I chisel to go see the peoples over my beloved colts

You warned me for saying things about irsay, u

can ban me for saying the obvious. I love luck and this won't be his fault...he was set up to fail by irsay.

Gg.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what no matter where you fall on the what should the Colts have done this off-season the decision has been made they went with Andrew Luck so if people are Colts fans (and I am NOT saying anyone is not) why not jump on the bandwagon and support them rather than second guessing them at the first chance someone gets?

Look had we kept Peyton we would have still had the same salary cap issues we did have in fact it would have probably been more so. So we would have still had to cut the vets we did and it might have very well meant that Freeney and Wayne aren't back as well. So now you are have the samething we have now except with Peyton Manning at QB. Manning is a great player but if you think Manning would have been able to win a Super Bowl with a team loaded with rookies you have another thing coming. Also had we traded the picks most of those picks would have come in years to come this year. We might have gained one extra draft pick or two this year and they wouldn't have been in the first round so I doubt they would have been game changing players. They would have been rookies who still need to learn and grow much like the Colts have right now.

As for had we taken RG3 my guess is that if RG3 was in Indianapolis and Luck was in Washington we would have seen about what we saw today. RG3 would have looked like a promising rookie while Luck would have put up all world numbers with the Redskins. Why? The Redskins are a much better team than the Colts are right now playing a team who has been in shambles this off-season with a questionable defense to start with. The Redskins weren't the second worst team in the NFL last year in fact they are a team that has a lot of good young peaces in place that was just missing a good QB which is part of the reason I think they were willing to give up so much to get one of the two QBs. They shouldn't need the draft picks as much as a team like the Colts or Rams teams that are rebuilding are going to need them.

eh...Irsay made a long term decision - even if Peyton had stayed, where would you be in 5 years? The timing couldn't have been better to land a guy like Andrew Luck. Irsay made the right move for the long term health of the organization. Even if Luck's career flops (I don't expect it to), I still wouldn't question Irsay's decision. Everyone and their grandmother thinks Luck is a once-in-a-generation talent.

It was predicted, not only by me, but others as well, that as soon as there was a little bit of struggle from our new team that the wah wah we should have done this or done that crowd would come running in and and play the "I told ya so" nonsense. Somebody that didn't get their way during the Manning saga, so now they want to show back up after 1 game and start in with this crap already. When this team gets strong again and Luck is tearing up the league and they start winning again, these same people will pretend like they knew all along that the Colts were gonna be great again and they was onboard with the rebuilding from the beginning.

While we have moved on to Luck and I'm a HUGE Peyton fan this isn't something that could be fixed in one year. I know where the OP is coming from...I have been very down on our offensive line....but that was before the injuries basically took out half the line this week. We lost our two starting guards and that killed us. We had a suspect line coming into the game and those injuries just meant we had a terrible starting o line today. This won't get fixed this year. That FA money will have to get spent addressing it. Like many have said...games are won in the trenches and suring up both sides will be necessary to get Lucks full potential. We have plenty of play makers...money doesn't need spent on them....so while I don't agree with the OP fully...I see where he is coming from.

I fought endlesslessy on the forums for over a year, warning after warning tirelessly walking on eggshells to say the obvious...again and again...don't fix what ain't broken. Don't take a chance on something that we already have when we Still can't stop the run and we still can't run. 45 attempts? Really? This isn't about Peyton vs luck or rg3 vs luck this is about irsay vs the fans and you all bit his bait hook line and sinker.

It was always about the money and not what what was right. Peyton should.have retired a colt. We should have traded the pick and got a good limenacker some plume and a rb. When Cleveland and the seahwawks have better records at the end of the season It will prove I was right.

Written from Baltimore where I chisel to go see the peoples over my beloved colts

can ban me for saying the obvious. I love luck and this won't be his fault...he was set up to fail by irsay.

Gg.

Not again!!! :facepalm: Let's not sweep under the rug Peyton was coming off a 4th neck surgery and is what 36 or 37. Irsay made the right call for the Colts franchise no matter what Peyton does with the Broncos. I still say they should've put better talent and coaching around him in his prime for more :lombardi: 's.

I don't get why everyone is saying this stuff and coming out NOW after a loss to the Chicago Bears IN Chicago to OPEN the season.

Good grief people.

Trolling.........

because they have been waiting since Peyton was cut to say it. This isn't about people not liking Luck it's about people still being mad Peyton isn't here.

because they have been waiting since Peyton was cut to say it. This isn't about people not liking Luck it's about people still being mad Peyton isn't here.

So why did they wait to say these things again now? So after a week one loss in Chicago where nothing goes our way against a superior team, all of a sudden the Peyton zombies come back out of the wood work to complain about things that happened several months ago?

News flash. Even with Manning we STILL might have lost today.

The other thing I would add is.....this game, atleast to me, showed why Manning not coming back was best for him. We really didnt have big money to spend in FA. Even if we got extra draft picks the chances those rookies could fill the massive holes on this team immediately was very very low.

So why did they wait to say these things again now? So after a week one loss in Chicago where nothing goes our way against a superior team, all of a sudden the Peyton zombies come back out of the wood work to complain about things that happened several months ago?

News flash. Even with Manning we STILL might have lost today.

Now Jules you know that isn't true Peyton Manning never lost. Even when the Colts did it wasn't his fault it was Polian's and Caldwell's and before Caldwell Ron Meeks who of course never had anything to do with when we won that was just the pure greatness of Peyton no matter what happened in the game.

As for why they came back today it was the first "real" game so they are jumping on it and they are going to ignore things like Luck looked almost exactly like Peyton did in his first pro game and had we kept Peyton we would have still been in the same cap mess we were in that caused us to cut the other vets if not worse so and that most of the players we would have brought in would have still been inexperienced rookies.

Now Jules you know that isn't true Peyton Manning never lost. Even when the Colts did it wasn't his fault it was Polian's and Caldwell's and before Caldwell Ron Meeks who of course never had anything to do with when we won that was just the pure greatness of Peyton no matter what happened in the game.

As for why they came back today it was the first "real" game so they are jumping on it and they are going to ignore things like Luck looked almost exactly like Peyton did in his first pro game and had we kept Peyton we would have still been in the same cap mess we were in that caused us to cut the other vets if not worse so and that most of the players we would have brought in would have still been inexperienced rookies.

100% agree. I was hoping for a win today but not expecting it. Luck was not great but I won't sweat it. He looked like a.....rookie.

We lose today it's due to Luck. If we lost with Manning it would have been on play calling, o line, receivers, defense, the wind, coaches, the locker room toilet paper......When Denver loses a game this year it won't be Peyton's fault either.

Maybe we win next weekend. :)

I am here for the long ride! Rather it be a losing season or in between season. Win or lose, I am still a Colts fan. Plus keep in mind, we dismantled the team this past season. Things don't happened just overnight it will take some time. Our future still looks bright, might not be this season or maybe not next season. But I think next season we will add a few more draft picks and fill in a few more holes and we be better next season then this season. Also keep in mind, if this season does not play out. Manning only won 3 games on his rookie year, and after his first year we built on it to the winning ways. I expect Luck to do the same thing. Changes did have to made though with the Colts. Go Colts and Go Luck!

100% agree. I was hoping for a win today but not expecting it. Luck was not great but I won't sweat it. He looked like a.....rookie.

We lose today it's due to Luck. If we lost with Manning it would have been on play calling, o line, receivers, defense, the wind, coaches, the locker room toilet paper......When Denver loses a game this year it won't be Peyton's fault either.

Was this really necessary...??? :drama:

The nerve of him at that! How dare he not play like a Hall of Famer right off the bat! I am starting a bring back Painter campaign that guy had us going places...

Was this really necessary...??? :drama:

Was this thread necessary? We lost today and a few threads are borderline trolling to rub salt in the wound over a rough loss.

Besides, the truth sometimes hurts. The truth is Luck likely will have to do this the hard way and won't get the passes from the fans.

But, a lot of fans might have not even had been fans before 1998.

You think Manning wanted to be subjected to this O-line for the next 3 years? .

., Not just the o-line, the other rookies on offense, the lack of a running game, a changing defense. I am willing to bet a lot of people who are in the Manning camp would be shocked to learn that it was probably as much if not more Manning that wanted out than it was Irsay who wanted to cut him. Edited by Nadine
quoted post contained a personal shot

Was this thread necessary? We lost today and a few threads are borderline trolling to rub salt in the wound over a rough loss.

Besides, the truth sometimes hurts. The truth is Luck likely will have to do this the hard way and won't get the passes from the fans.

But, a lot of fans might have not even had been fans before 1998.

No, this thread was not necessary. I think it's pitiful how people turn so quickly, and always finding fault, and blame. The game today, is what it was. But to state that when Peyton lost it was due to the locker room toilet paper, was a bit dramatic.. you have to agree..

Gg.

U mad bro???