Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Packers/49ers

Jules

Anyone watching? I am cringing at the Packers at times so far today but laughing since Akers just nailed that FG. lmao

David Akers is the man.

If the Pack lose today they will be facing 0-2 against a tough Bears team on Thursday night, that will be quite the game regardless of today's outcome.

Well at least the Pack are not getting it handed to them by the Redskins at home. :bag:

But, this is why I was a bit worried about the Packers heading into this year. I still am not seeing these defensive improvements and against a team like the Niners the D can actually handle Rodgers and company. Actually maybe the same story with Chicago too potentially.

I credit Harbaugh with the suddenly capable offense in Frisco - he's put Alex Smith in a better position to succeed than any of his previous coaches have. Guys like Davis, Moss, Gore, etc certainly help...as well as that defense, but that's what it means to be put in a position to win.

9ers are beasting. They look SO balanced on offense now. I know the Pack defense isnt anything special, but with those receiving threats and Smith playing well enough, they can enforce their will against defenses now. Load up against the run? They'll pass. And vice versa.

They are gonna be tough this year. And their division still looks like crap.

The Bears and 49ers are quickly becoming my favorites to represent the NFC in the Championship game. My 2nd tier consists of the Falcons and Packers. Two great offenses but I don't have any faith in either defense.

Beyond those four it begins to get ugly.

If this happens then go 49ers. I fear this might be one of the Bears lucky seasons though and I hope I am wrong.

If this happens then go 49ers. I fear this might be one of the Bears lucky seasons though and I hope I am wrong.

I think the Bears will be in the hunt for a wild card spot but man is the NFC crowded. The NFC South, North, and East all have 2 teams who have very realistic chances at the playoffs. Then you have darkhorses like Chicago, Seattle, Tampa, Carolina, and Washington. I think the NFC East might be the most tightly contested division in the league at this point, but the South is right there too.

Not a good showing by the Pack at home in many ways. Rodgers was not good either and I don't care what anyone says. And I am a big fan of the guy.

A long season but it won't get easier with the Bears who many believe might be due to beat the Pack again.

Thursday night will be a battle.

Not a good showing by the Pack at home in many ways. Rodgers was not good either and I don't care what anyone says. And I am a big fan of the guy.

A long season but it won't get easier with the Bears who many believe might be due to beat the Pack again.

Thursday night will be a battle.

Just read Rodgers is 3-19 in 4th quarter comeback opportunities.

Yeah. Aaron Rodgers is one of the worst 4th quarter QBs around. That's one of the primary reasons why I laugh when people rank him above people like Brady and Peyton.

He's awful when playing from behind.

You hit the nail on the head!!! Peyton and Brady have brought their teams back from so many deficits, it is not even fair to compare!!! Brees at least is better than Rodgers in that category.

Colts fans used to take all those double digit comebacks from Peyton for granted, and poof, it can be gone quickly before you know it!!! :)

Yeah. Aaron Rodgers is one of the worst 4th quarter QBs around. That's one of the primary reasons why I laugh when people rank him above people like Brady and Peyton.

He's awful when playing from behind.

You make a compelling argument VirLudant. Rogers does seem to have trouble digging out a hole when his squad loses the lead. Granted, the 49ers have the 4th best defense in the NFL, but still Brady would find a way to do it. Heck, Tom got hit hard on the nose with a solid Titans defense and he still won the game. Peyton also did what needed to be done to win the game. Clutch QB's plain and simple.