Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 was a monster

oldunclemark

Of course it helps that have a guy do all the work in an 88 yard pass and he made a ton of dump off/screen passes, but still he was impressive.

look at the YAC by the receivers in that game...you don't get that with QBs who aren't accurate - and the throw to Garcon on the TD was pretty darn impressive given the fact that Griff got flattened as he let it go, even though Garcon did all the work. But yeah I agree he was impressive - showed very good awareness and accuracy both in the pocket and on the move.

As for Luck being just as good in that game....apples and oranges - totally different offenses and skill sets.

Most of the work was done by recievers. He did NOT do better than Luck in my opinion. Griffin made more rookie mistakes than Luck, but has a team to bail him out. He is eventually going to get hurt, lose some/lots of his mobility, and he's just going to be the new Brett Favre- a pure gunslinger.

Most of the work was done by recievers. He did NOT do better than Luck in my opinion. Griffin made more rookie mistakes than Luck, but has a team to bail him out. He is eventually going to get hurt, lose some/lots of his mobility, and he's just going to be the new Brett Favre- a pure gunslinger.

Did you watch the entire game or are you basing this solely off of Garcon's TD? All of our receivers did a good job out there but Griffin did more than his fair share of the work. He delivered accurate passes that let guys run after the catch and he was effective enough in the run game and off the play action to keep the Saints off-balance all game to open things up in the passing game. He only had 4 or 5 bad throws in the entire game, which means he had roughly as many mistakes as his receivers had drops on very catchable balls.

I didn't see much of Luck to compare but Griffin performed miles better than his fellow rookie QBs on Sunday from what I did see of their games, so your post just looks unnecessarily defensive of your guy. I'm far from crowning my QB as the next great and I certainly don't expect this disparity in performance to continue throughout the season but, man, give credit where credit is due. I distinctly remember a rookie Peyton Manning having several performances similar to the one Luck had and he turned out just fine, so none of you guys should be at the point of having to rationalize the selection.

That's a great debut for RG3...anyway you look at it.

They went a long way twoards making the playoffs in one day.

Obviously...they hold a tie breaker over NOLA..and they got it on the road..

I'm happy for RG3..but then I dont compare him to Luck....in any way..

Different type of player..different type of team...different conference...

..Washington can beat Baltimore and Cincy and Pittsburgh..and help out the Colts and Broncos

Its all good

he played great yesterday much better then luck but you can't discount of how great the bears defense. if rg3 was on the road vs the bears it would be the same results but more sacks. ill give rg3 A+ vs saints and luck C+ vs the bears. there's gonna be games where luck has over 100 passer rating and rg3 60 and vice versa.

Did you watch the entire game or are you basing this solely off of Garcon's TD? All of our receivers did a good job out there but Griffin did more than his fair share of the work. He delivered accurate passes that let guys run after the catch and he was effective enough in the run game and off the play action to keep the Saints off-balance all game to open things up in the passing game. He only had 4 or 5 bad throws in the entire game, which means he had roughly as many mistakes as his receivers had drops on very catchable balls.

I didn't see much of Luck to compare but Griffin performed miles better than his fellow rookie QBs on Sunday from what I did see of their games, so your post just looks unnecessarily defensive of your guy. I'm far from crowning my QB as the next great and I certainly don't expect this disparity in performance to continue throughout the season but, man, give credit where credit is due. I distinctly remember a rookie Peyton Manning having several performances similar to the one Luck had and he turned out just fine, so none of you guys should be at the point of having to rationalize the selection.

Get out of here with your logic.

he played great yesterday much better then luck but you can't discount of how great the bears defense. if rg3 was on the road vs the bears it would be the same results but more sacks. ill give rg3 A+ vs saints and luck C+ vs the bears. there's gonna be games where luck has over 100 passer rating and rg3 60 and vice versa.

I guess what I'm saying is..........I dont understand comparing Luck and RG3...

they are in much different offensive systems in different conferences and they will rarely be onn the same field.

The Luck-Mannng comparisons I understand but I would hope folks stop comparing two non-rivals with different styles in different places

He looked good, and Shanahan played to his strengths.

I noticed right off the bat, I think something like 5 of his 6 passes were at or behind the LOS. That's a good way to build him some confidence, as well as open up lanes down field.

Also, did anyone think Garçon looked bigger? Is he wearing new pads or did he bulk up a little bit?

I do know Weeden looked great!!!!!! haha

He looked good, and Shanahan played to his strengths.

I noticed right off the bat, I think something like 5 of his 6 passes were at or behind the LOS. That's a good way to build him some confidence, as well as open up lanes down field.

Also, did anyone think Garçon looked bigger? Is he wearing new pads or did he bulk up a little bit?

I've noticed that in the preseason also. He looks like a hulk, like a good sized RB or something lol. Could just be the new uniform/pads ect.

He was great and fun to watch.....

He wasnt playing the Bears 'D' but he was on the road against a top team.

His arm is overwhelming.....but he's going to get hurt runnng the ball.

Until then..justwatch the show.......it'll be prime time viewing

Calling him a monster is putting it mildly, a simple thing like a block to clear the way for a running back will go a long way in the path to becoming the team leader.

We all knew RG3 was going to be good and it only helps him even more that he was going to a decent team. Factor in the Saints meh defense, a good running, reliable WR's, a respectable defense, and a coach who knew how to manage the game, all he did was perform and he did that well.

I am concerned that he is kind of Vick-ish and that may lead to injuries. And as someone else, he did make more rookie mistakes than Luck. Luck was running for his life most of the game also.