Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Lol. Sure, I meant he ALWAYS makes those mistakes. I think you’re smart enough to know that I meant he’s made those mistakes enough that it’s kind of alarming to me. If you’re not alarmed, cool. 
    • They do need an offensive mind, though. I said from the moment he was hired there that it was a move that was dead on arrival. Pairing a QB like Fields (and now Willams,) with a guy like Flus wasn’t productive for either side. Both of those QBs would benefit far more from having an offensive guy at the helm than a defensive one. A defensive coach needs to have a strong offensive staff in place to help those young QBs and Flus did not.    Fields is the perfect case in point: he landed in Pittsburgh with a defensive minded head coach who had a strong enough offensive support system to benefit him, and his career is starting to turn around for it.    Think of our own history, did the pairing of Andrew Luck with a defensive guy like Pagano do him any favors? Not really, and in the end it’s probably a big part of the reason that story turned out the way it did. 
    • Its the defense he plays in and they funnel the ball carrier to Franklin. Leonard had tons of tackles and I wouldn't make to much of it when grading Franklin. Cross, I believe leads the league in tackles. Are you saying he is the best safety in the league? Franklin is a rugged and tough line backer but poor in coverage.
    • I hear this but to my dying day I will maintain Payton far exceeded Smiths talent, and if Smith had to be on the garbage teams Payton was on for 80% of his career, he would be ranked in the 20s or 30s all time.  If Payton had Erik Williams, Larry Allen and Nate Newton blowing up d-linemen for him, he would have set the record impossibly high.    And once we add receiving and blocking ability the difference is even more stark.    Thanks, grew up watching WP… old man rant *off*
    • He is throwing some bad picks and all rookie qbs do, so I am not going to be that hard on him for those mistakes. The one thing that still impresses me is that he doesnt look lost out there. He is still making good reads but he just needs to calm down and make those simple throws. I truly believe that if he made those throws that 90% of qbs make. We would be saying he is having a pretty good year. If Richardson fails, I believe it wont be because of his ability to process. It will because after say three seasons or so, he is unable still to hit the broad side of a barn!!
  • Members