Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm A Little Confused About Manning's Neck Injury

tfunky14

He had the surgury in May, correct? I'm sure he was doing his own rehab, correct? He was put on the PUP at the begining of training camp, correct.

He was spotted running, throwing with decent velocity a few weeks back. At that time things looked good, rehab with the Colts docs and in 4 weeks ready for Houston.

Four days ago, news come out he might not play game 1 or 2.

Was there a setback, another injury or is the neck causing some additional issues? Can someone explain what happen or whats going on?

I suffered a minor neck innjury a couple years ago and after thtee months of therapy I quit. Here is the porblem with the neck; it likes to do what it wants to do. You can feel 100% healed today and wake up screaming the night after. It also can restrict movement when it wants and send sudden very sharp pain to the owner any time it chooses to do so. Here's how mine finally healed permantently-sleeping!! I was sound asleep, remember this is after months of twice a week therapy and I heard this loud "bang". It was my neck resetting itself. End of injury! So even though he may start don't be shocked if he sits out some time.

From what I gathered on ESPN radio today, his nerves have not regenerated themselves and there's no telling when they will. It's not like a knee or ankle injury where you can play at 80% and just be in a bit of pain. You're talking about a neck. It's 100% or you are putting your career and long term health at risk.

That is another reason that we need a back up QB that can play the game if Peyton can't. Doesn't look as though we will get one but I think a lot of fans would feel better if we had one that can at least keep us in the game and move the ball. I was surprised because Painter looked a lot better in training camp than he has in the last 2 games. I have lost faith in him completely at this point in time. He will have to pick it up a lot to get my vote again. :sorry:

Here's how mine finally healed permantently-sleeping!! I was sound asleep, remember this is after months of twice a week therapy and I heard this loud "bang". It was my neck resetting itself. End of injury!

That's a heck of an injury. Are you entirely sure that you know where your wife was doing at that particular moment? :omg:

there was no set back, he is not fully healed people are worried about his injury yet there is no way how hes missing it haha

We can't say for sure there was no setback. Remember when Peyton had a 2nd surgery on his knee? The Colts are very tight lipped and who knows what could be happening.

I really hope he can fully recover, obviously... but most important is that he not end up with a permanent, debilitating injury. The rest of his life could be horrific if he tries to be the hero and takes a shot.

I've said for years that the Colts needed to have a better quality backup. Sad now that when we one is needed he isn't there and ready to step in.