Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

***Colts @ Bears Game Day Thread***

LucasOilStadium

Hi, Colts fans! :coltshelmet: Our Colts begin their 60th regular season in the NFL, and 29th season in Indianapolis, as the team are in Chicago to play the Bears. :bears: Colts Head Coach Chuck Pagano and his coaching staff will try to improve the Colts from last year's 2-14 record in 2011. Coach Pagano and Andrew Luck are also playing their first NFL regular season game.

Today is the 41st regular season game played between the Colts and the Bears, but Chicago leads the all-time series 22-18 over the Colts when the franchise is based in both Baltimore and Indianapolis. Bears unfortunately defeated the Colts in their last regular season game just over four years ago also played in Week 1 by the score of 29-13 in their first visit to LOS back on Sunday Night, September 7, 2008. Indianapolis, however, defeated Chicago in their last regular season visit at Soldier Field by the score of 41-10 more than eight years ago back on November 21, 2004.

Colts also defeated the Bears in Super Bowl XLI by the score of 29-17 at then Dolphin (now Sun Life) Stadium in South Florida in the only Super Bowl played in rainy conditions so far on February 4, 2007. Peyton Manning was eventually the MVP of the game with his 25 of 38 passes completed for 247 yards.

LB Brian Urlacher and RB Loronzo Booker may not see game action for the Bears because both players are recoving from knee surgery and head injuries respectively.

Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf will announce the live TV commentary, and televised regionally, for the NFL On CBS, including locally on WISH CBS 8 in Indianapolis, on HD.

Veteran Colts broadcaster Bob Lamey, and former Colt player, Will Wolford, also announce the live radio game play-by-play and analysis, along with sideline reporter Kevin Lee, simulcast on flagship stations WFNI ESPN SportsRadio 1070AM, and WLHK Country 97.1FM, and the Colts/Vectren Radio Network covering the tri-states in Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky.

Partly cloudy skies at 67 degrees is the local weather forecast at Soldier Field near the Lake Michigan shoreline for this afternoon's 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 58% humidity, 20% precipitation, and northern winds at 14 miles per hour.

Colts will dress in their matching white jerseys and pants on the field for today's game, while the host Bears will dress in their navy blue jerseys, and white pants.

NO injuries to all the Colts and Bears players who enter and play on the field during the game, and wish Coach Pagano and Andrew lots of Luck (no pun intended) to win their first NFL regular season game for Indianapolis. GO COLTS!!! :cheer::coltshelmet::coltslogo::colts::coltsfb::coltshorse::1colts::blueshoe::helmet::D:cheer:

Colts @ Bears NFL Gamecenter:

http://www.nfl.com/g...w&menu=gameinfo

Colts @ Bears Pregame Press Release, complete details and statistics, on Adobe PDF:

http://prod.static.c...lease-reg01.pdf

Colts @ Bears Pregame Injury Reports:

http://www.colts.com...ury-report.html

http://www.chicagobe...ury-report.html

Colts @ Bears NFL On CBS TV Coverage Map In Blue:

http://the506.com/temp11.html

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As good as it gets LucasOilStadium.....I knew I was not getting any sleep for some reason...had to have subconsciously known my favorite Game Day Thread was coming up!!

I may be too excited today to be on it....really want to analyze the OL......really all phases of the game....

Always the place to be on game day....with a great introduction. Thank you as always for getting me even more fired up.....when I do not even think it is humanly possible. :)

:blueshoe: :blueshoe: :blueshoe::helmet: :helmet: :helmet::coltslogo::coltshorse::coltsfb::colts: :nfl:

Thanks for your praise all season long BrentMc11. I'm very grateful. I know it's only the first of 16 games, but as Colts fans, we have to trust, not imagine, with Andrew Luck's presence and leadership, and a new mix of veterans and rookies on this year's Colts team, there is no reason the Colts should win more than two games. But that is as far as I want to say for now. Colts would answer their own destiny throughout the 2012 NFL season on one play, one game, one week at a time.

Thanks for your praise all season long BrentMc11. I'm very grateful. I know it's only the first of 16 games, but as Colts fans, we have to trust, not imagine, with Andrew Luck's presence and leadership, and a new mix of veterans and rookies on this year's Colts team, there is no reason the Colts should win more than two games. But that is as far as I want to say for now. Colts would answer their own destiny throughout the 2012 NFL season on one play, one game, one week at a time.

I am with you win or lose!!! I love the previews....and the thread is always fun.....knowing me....I will me typing like P-Money's avatar....instead of true analysis of the game :)

Chuck Pagano on Colts Playbook when asked how he feels about this team going into the game:

"I felt like we've made a lot of progress. There were some signs on boths sides of the ball and special teams that we've come a long way and obviously the hard work has paid off. We've got a long way to go but I feel good where we're at going into the game today and the guys feel good. There's gonna' be some mistakes made like always, we've got a young football team but these guys are gonna' play hard, they're gonna' play fast and at least if they make a mistake they're gonna' make it full speed."

:number1::dance: Lets go :coltslogo: !!!

Chuck Pagano on Colts Playbook when asked how he feels about this team going into the game:

"I felt like we've made a lot of progress. There were some signs on boths sides of the ball and special teams that we've come a long way and obviously the hard work has paid off. We've got a long way to go but I feel good where we're at going into the game today and the guys feel good. There's gonna' be some mistakes made like always, we've got a young football team but these guys are gonna' play hard, they're gonna' play fast and at least if they make a mistake they're gonna' make it full speed."

:number1::dance: Lets go :coltslogo: !!!

Loved that quote!! At 1250 I am going to play the Pagano speech that was posted earlier this month!!!! READY...so ready to see a team that 'attacks' their opponents! Fly to the ball...hit and wrap up fellas!!! :colts: :colts:

Really getting excited. Heading out to find a place that is showing the game.

As long as they play with energy i din't mind mistakes. Playing lazy are the mistakes that get me mad. This team is seeing their first action and they're facing a playoff team so it will indeed be a good test. The coaching staff will go a long way in helping to keeping the teM's collective heads in the game.

Thanks for the intro, LOS! Top shelf like you always do.

Let's hunt!!!

GO COLTS!!!

Urlacher's face is beet red in warm-ups. We need to go right at him with Fleener and Allen.....do not be surprised to se the middle screen to Brown again too. Just an observation....

Wouldn't surprise me, but i really want to see the quick pass to the slot. If the Bears are playing a loose Tampa 2 then

we have the speed to break one of those for a long gainer. The other thing it does is bring the corners up closer to

the line and we can use our speed (hopefully) to get by them.