Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please help - Trip from UK to the final game at home

Thinking of doing a trip to America over Christmas and catching the last game of the season, Going to go with my wife so want to tie in New York into the trip, how much do flights cost to fly between cities in the USA? Anybody done a similar sort of trip? will be looking to go over for about 6 nights. Anybody done this on here from the UK or even Europe?

Much appreciated

Really depends, but you can get good deals if you buy in advance. Probably somewhere around ~$200 a ticket for a round trip between NYC and Indy. Check Southwest Airlines they usually have decent deals. I'd love to fly out there myself, but I may be going to the Jets game at metlife. :)

Expedia or other travel websites should let you add in extra destinations so you can get a feel for prices that way. My wife and i had to go man-philly-denver-indy-philly-man this summer cos we had to fit in a reunion in wyoming, but still wanted to spend some time in indy.

the only problem i ever face with travelling over christmas is the weather.... our airports in the uk can do a terrible job of keeping runways open.

Still waiting on visiting my first colts game. was due to see them play the titans a couple years back but ended up having to cancel and visit in feb instead. I desperately want the colts to play wembley!

I've traveled to Manchester on a direct flight from Chicago so I can't tell you about multiple flights but I will tell you with gas prices and flying the holidays.....expensive likely. Best to check the prices now and purchase now...they usually double within a month or two. TBH you should have purchased them over the summer. My wife does that to fly to Florida to see her parents and we usually get tickets in July. A lot of internet searching on tickets will be likely necessary.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I agree but I’m starting to think it’s inevitable. Guard market is a little younger and cheaper in free agency. So we go that way or draft a guy that can start day 1. I would draft if him regardless of LT plans
    • My "in general" thoughts on Oke....  He's a great kid, hard worker, but average traits. He was a slightly above average ILB at Stanford. IMO, he was/is undersized for an ILB/MIKE. He was the best Stanford had to fill the middle, so I understand why they had him there. Stepping up to the NFL though is a challenge in the middle. He succeeded when his scope was limited to passing downs LB. He was given more snaps, and played earlier downs last year, and simply struggled. He's never really been a "fast processor" (like Leonard is), but his bigger issue IMO is simply vs the run, and especially in traffic. He's not been physical enough to shed a lot of blockers, and isn't fast enough processing or agility wise to avoid the blocking in the first place.   Maybe the game slows down for him in year 3? Maybe he picks up good weight and strength? IMO, he'd have to significantly improve in both those areas to grow into a 3 down guy. May sound simple, but it's a lot to ask though. If he can't, we need to look at going back to a MIKE by committee situation. I know it doesn't sound ideal, but the Walker/Oke combo in 2019 was pretty darn good. Both did well at their limited rolls. Walker was a tackle machine, and Oke did much much better focusing on the passing game. That said, the fly in the ointment though is the rip/liz stuff added to the D. I think that impacted a lot of guys in pass coverage including DBs and LBs. Good for some, bad for others. Year 3 will be interesting.   As far as FS, I'm cautiously optimistic there. Good the first half of the season when playing downhill vs what was in front of him. Very poor the second half when QBs started testing him. IMO, same weaknesses he had in college. He's a monster hitter, but get's burnt on the back end. I do think he can take a step forward this year so long as he's committed to re-working his game, and being more disciplined. That said, FS is a wildcard to me. And back to the rip/liz impact, if we continue to play more C3 single high, traits like Hooker's will be missed. 
    • In support of East Streets view...    what I’ve read about Williams since he joined the Giants is...   disappointment.  Underachiever.  And when his play started to tick up what I read was...    sure, he’s playing better now...   it’s his contract year.    Personally....   not a big fan of players like this...   Clowney too.   There’s a term for players like this....    coach killer.    They're paid to be great.   And they flash greatness from time to time.  It’s a tease.   But not nearly enough to be worth their money.   They’re paid on their reputation, but ultimately they rarely give you enough bang for the buck.    Pass. 
    • I think moving Nelson to LT is a horrible idea. Don’t ruin a good thing.
    • Get Quinn in the 3rd if possible put him at left Guard move Q to left tackle....I don’t care if he was D3. Closest think to Q I’ve seen 
  • Members

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 8,359

• TheUnshuffler

TheUnshuffler 22

• Derakynn

Derakynn 119

• dew5150

dew5150 110

• Solon

Solon 94

• MarlySullivan