Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Lefeged

Superman

I liked Mike Newton more than David Caldwell. Wasn't it Newton that made the INT and took it to the 1 or 2 yard line? I liked how zeroed in to the QB's eyes je was and how well he reacted to routes. If Joe Lefeged is another SS in the mold of Bullitt, it makes sense to invest in another pass coverage free safety like Mike Newton. I think Mike Newton makes the squad, he showed good technique and position yesterday in pass coverage and we could use some good pass coverage with our safeties.

Yeah but Caldwell is the one playing with the first unit. That matters with the Colts.

I think some quality guys won't make final cuts around the league. We might be able to pick up an additional safety for depth. Bethea and Bullitt have been banged up in the past, so depth at safety, especially on this team is important.

btw, anyone else notice Jordan Palmer was cut by the bengals? He might have been a nice #2.

We have a number 2, we just paid a tone of money for a number two. Then Curtis Painter came to life. We are set at QB now. Manning, Collins, and Painter.

Maybe Mike Newton should get more first team looks.

I don't know, coaches seem to like what they see from Caldwell atleast till last night. I don't really have a side either way. I was just pointing out it was Caldwell who was playing with the starters (and had his name called on a lot of tackles). Normally with the Colts that tends to matter. In theory there could be room for both along with Lefegod if he's kept as a returner.

I don't know, coaches seem to like what they see from Caldwell atleast till last night. I don't really have a side either way. I was just pointing out it was Caldwell who was playing with the starters (and had his name called on a lot of tackles).

Didn't Caldwell miss a few, I mean, tackles? As soon as Bullitt went to the locker room, why did they not use Lefeged more instead of Caldwell? That is what leads me to believe that they are trying out Caldwell with the first team more to see what he can do, and maybe they will do the same with Mike Newton too.

Didn't Caldwell miss a few, I mean, tackles? As soon as Bullitt went to the locker room, why did they not use Lefeged more instead of Caldwell? That is what leads me to believe that they are trying out Caldwell with the first team more to see what he can do, and maybe they will do the same with Mike Newton too.

Yeah, I have never said Caldwell is a lock, I am just saying based on the past where you play in terms of what groups sometimes matter more in terms of your chances of making the roster than how you play with the Colts. We saw it for years with the back up QBs poistion.

I was at the game and I just know it seemed like every play in the first half his name was called for being in on the tackle. Now some of that might have very well be caused because he didn't get over to cover his guy fast enough to stop the pass. Bullitt was already out of the game when they took him to the lockerroom. They had already taken the first unit out so you can't read too much into that.

I have no idea why they didn't use Lefegod more than Caldwell. I would guess they lke Caldwell more. I kept Lefegod on the roster for his kick return skills.

I am planning on watching the game again. I do remember a "miss" or two by Caldwell.

However, i remember a few Sanders-like hits. He seems to bring the wood at the point of contact. Sanders had it, Session had it (at times). Hopefully, Sims will have it and Angerer shows signs of that "enforcer-style" play. Brackett almost seems to have it too. We need a couple of those on Defense. The cover-2 is great for setting up big hits.

If our DL can get some pressure, I'm starting to like the potential of this D.

And btw, at least for the moment, the Harris, Sims, and Anderson pick-ups look genius.

Now if we can maybe pick-up an improvement at Safety , CB, and/or OL, after cuts, we might just have something.

My concerns (other than Peyton) at the moment are:

1. Collie, Gonzo, White (we looked so deep at WR (like last year at this time) and now suddenly we have issues. Wayne,Garcon, Taj, etc just isn't the same.)

2. OL (they are gonna be protecting a somewhat fragile "meal-ticket". I hope they can get it together FAST. Or Manning could be back on sidelines.

2. Eldridge (anyone know how he's doing? It would be nice to have a helthy blocking TE on the roster for once)

3. CB and Safety depth. (It might already be here)

4. Special Teams (against GB in pre-season or Super Bowl, we just don't seem prepared for "anything")

5. Overall coaching (see above description)

Yeah, I have never said Caldwell is a lock, I am just saying based on the past where you play in terms of what groups sometimes matter more in terms of your chances of making the roster than how you play with the Colts. We saw it for years with the back up QBs poistion.

I was at the game and I just know it seemed like every play in the first half his name was called for being in on the tackle. Now some of that might have very well be caused because he didn't get over to cover his guy fast enough to stop the pass. Bullitt was already out of the game when they took him to the lockerroom. They had already taken the first unit out so you can't read too much into that.

I have no idea why they didn't use Lefegod more than Caldwell. I would guess they lke Caldwell more. I kept Lefegod on the roster for his kick return skills.

I can recall lefeged starting when bethea got injured in the skins game, but he's a SS so he's actually the back up for bullit and i like it that way cause when bullit left he came in, caldwell is a good backup for bethea.

I am planning on watching the game again. I do remember a "miss" or two by Caldwell.

However, i remember a few Sanders-like hits. He seems to bring the wood at the point of contact. Sanders had it, Session had it (at times). Hopefully, Sims will have it and Angerer shows signs of that "enforcer-style" play. Brackett almost seems to have it too. We need a couple of those on Defense. The cover-2 is great for setting up big hits.

If our DL can get some pressure, I'm starting to like the potential of this D.

And btw, at least for the moment, the Harris, Sims, and Anderson pick-ups look genius.

Now if we can maybe pick-up an improvement at Safety , CB, and/or OL, after cuts, we might just have something.

My concerns (other than Peyton) at the moment are:

1. Collie, Gonzo, White (we looked so deep at WR (like last year at this time) and now suddenly we have issues. Wayne,Garcon, Taj, etc just isn't the same.)

2. OL (they are gonna be protecting a somewhat fragile "meal-ticket". I hope they can get it together FAST. Or Manning could be back on sidelines.

2. Eldridge (anyone know how he's doing? It would be nice to have a helthy blocking TE on the roster for once)

3. CB and Safety depth. (It might already be here)

4. Special Teams (against GB in pre-season or Super Bowl, we just don't seem prepared for "anything")

5. Overall coaching (see above description)

brody played he did pretty well, best blocking TE the colts have had in years.

Why do I already like the rookies Carter, Lefeged, Nevis, A.C more than 50% of the other guys? I'm sure they will tick me off in the regular season a bit but these guys are going to set the a Colts up for the next few years..

Because they're bright, new shiny toys... ;)

one of the posters said, "Pro-Bowl" in a couple years? Seriously? He's looked just OK in the pre-season, let him go against the "real-deal" and let's see how he does. I've reviewed the games multiple times and I just don't see it.

lol no offense mate but your reviews dont really mean much unless your name is mike mayock or something... but i do agree i dont see him being a pro bowl guy yet.

Which is exactly what he was brought here to do. You almost have to look at him as an o-lineman if you aren't talking about him it probably means he's doing a good job.

Yea, i did like to see him out there catching passes as well. He's not fast but i hope they develop his catching skills as well in a game, its definitely nice to see him back on the field.