Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos Vs Steelers

bayone

I expect Peyton to be Peyton. That being said... I expect the unexpected.

Its not Peyton, its not the receivers, its the chemistry between the group at this early stage they are talking about, so we shall see, may be variable from game to game for a bit

When Peyton had knee surgery & infection & missed training camp took 6 gamers to be normal,That was with familiar great recivers too

then won last 8 and MVP

I hope the Run D holds too

with the Pitt safety Ryan Clark out (he cant play in Denver due to the altitude) I like Denver to attack in the air earl;y and often (that's no wild guress with peyton)

..He's had two weeks to get ready and Pittsburgh's pass rush isnt what it used to be........

If the recevers dont drop the ball and fumble (some of them are young) in a big game......I think Denver wins by 10

Thanks, Barry, for the video.

And I like the way you think, uncle Mark!

I might not be a typical fan but I don't have big expectations this season at least. My highest hope is, as Bill Polian says, that they come together mid-season, sneak into the playoffs, finish strong. Then watch out. Anything beyond that would be a pleasant surprise for me. If they don't make it to the playoffs this year, it's fine by me as long as they get better as a team this year. I just hope Peyton's well-being is maintained. That's minimum for me. This doesn't mean that I'm not excited, though. Far from it. I am really looking forward to seeing the team develop and witnessing Von Miller becoming a superstar.

Thanks, Barry, for the video.

And I like the way you think, uncle Mark!

I might not be a typical fan but I don't have big expectations this season at least. My highest hope is, as Bill Polian says, that they come together mid-season, sneak into the playoffs, finish strong. Then watch out. Anything beyond that would be a pleasant surprise for me. If they don't make it to the playoffs this year, it's fine by me as long as they get better as a team this year. I just hope Peyton's well-being is maintained. That's minimum for me. This doesn't mean that I'm not excited, though. Far from it. I am really looking forward to seeing the team develop and witnessing Von Miller becoming a superstar.

If dont make playoffs Peyton will finally be on a team since his early days that gets a decent draft pick, instead of a late round one &with a year under his belt on Denver we will know what position is needed and hopefully a strong candidate will be there

If dont make playoffs Peyton will finally be on a team since his early days that gets a decent draft pick, instead of a late round one &with a year under his belt on Denver we will know what position is needed and hopefully a strong candidate will be there

True that. Another Von Miller caliber player on D will be nice haha

If we get lucky and our starters stay healthy, I like our chances this year. But next year might be spectacular!

Its not Peyton, its not the receivers, its the chemistry between the group at this early stage they are talking about, so we shall see, may be variable from game to game for a bit

When Peyton had knee surgery & infection & missed training camp took 6 gamers to be normal,That was with familiar great recivers too

then won last 8 and MVP

I agree, but that season he didn't have training camp or preseason to build on. The chemistry has looked pretty good so far, and it's improving. He may rely more on Tamme and Stokely (plus Decker) a bit more than the others at first, but I think they will be effective from the get go.

Plus when Pittsburgh scares you it's because of their pass rush. Have you seen what Denver's oline has been doing? That's the game right there. And if they can get the running game going, watch out. And if they can get a lead, you have to like Denver's pass rush against that Pittsburgh line.

Peyton hasn't had a left tackle like he has now since Tarik was in his prime - if ever. And while he may not have a Harrison or James at his disposal, the depth at the skill positions is impressive. I'm very exited about their chances regardless of chemistry being a work in progress, and regardless of the difficulty of their first half schedule. As I've posted a few other places on this forum, knowing Peyton as we do, you have to think that there is an excellent chance that regardless what happens in the first half, they sweep the second half - just like in the season you referred to.

I agree, but that season he didn't have training camp or preseason to build on. The chemistry has looked pretty good so far, and it's improving. He may rely more on Tamme and Stokely (plus Decker) a bit more than the others at first, but I think they will be effective from the get go.

Plus when Pittsburgh scares you it's because of their pass rush. Have you seen what Denver's oline has been doing? That's the game right there. And if they can get the running game going, watch out. And if they can get a lead, you have to like Denver's pass rush against that Pittsburgh line.

Peyton hasn't had a left tackle like he has now since Tarik was in his prime - if ever. And while he may not have a Harrison or James at his disposal, the depth at the skill positions is impressive. I'm very exited about their chances regardless of chemistry being a work in progress, and regardless of the difficulty of their first half schedule. As I've posted a few other places on this forum, knowing Peyton as we do, you have to think that there is an excellent chance that regardless what happens in the first half, they sweep the second half - just like in the season you referred to.

Decker their is definitely chemistry, great route runner,same with stoklely, tamme has had some drops but still OK,. DT is variable, still thats preseason, we need real season & 4 qrtrs of it to evaluate weekly a few games

So far yes O line has been excellent

the season with knee Yes I agree, that season he didn't have training camp or preseason to build on BUT HE ALSO wasnt off a full year so 1 thing offsets the other & unlike Braady coming back to same team, this is a new team and offense

Not saying he wont have kinks worked out enough to win , but with brutal schedule think he needs a few games against a variety of defenses at real game speed for 4 qrtrs to really know , thats all

PS Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker & only 5 WR on roster, , injuries on both sides of ball always a question to be determined later

Also, the Broncos have banked an awful lot of their defensive plan on defensive tackle Ty Warren being able to return to form. But because of injuries, Warren hasn't played in a regular-season game since 2009. If he isn't up to the challenge, it's a big hit for what the Broncos are trying to do on that side of the ball.

I do think Mike Wallace is shut down by Champ Bailey but Antonio Brown will cause enough havoc on the offensive side of the Steelers. Peyton will spread it around enough for the Denver offense.

Denver probably gets 2 TDs out of the game but Peyton throws for probably only one. Matt Prater kicks at least 3 FGs.

Broncos win either 23-20 or 23-17 in a low scoring affair. It will be a bit anti-climactic but a Denver win nevertheless.

I do think Mike Wallace is shut down by Champ Bailey but Antonio Brown will cause enough havoc on the offensive side of the Steelers. Peyton will spread it around enough for the Denver offense.

Denver probably gets 2 TDs out of the game but Peyton throws for probably only one. Matt Prater kicks at least 3 FGs.

Broncos win either 23-20 or 23-17 in a low scoring affair. It will be a bit anti-climactic but a Denver win nevertheless.

I( will take it and like the eval, also think its a low scoring game unless Denver Run D gets really burned and Peytron not on field like with colts

PS Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker & only 5 WR on roster, , injuries on both sides of ball always a question to be determined later

Also, the Broncos have banked an awful lot of their defensive plan on defensive tackle Ty Warren being able to return to form. But because of injuries, Warren hasn't played in a regular-season game since 2009. If he isn't up to the challenge, it's a big hit for what the Broncos are trying to do on that side of the ball.

I don't think they meant to bank an awful lot on Ty Warren; it just ended up that way. Oh well, so far he seems OK. Keep your fingers crossed!

And Decker and Thomas each missed half of last season. Hope they can stay healthy together, and we get Kuper back real soon.

I don't think they meant to bank an awful lot on Ty Warren; it just ended up that way. Oh well, so far he seems OK. Keep your fingers crossed!

And Decker and Thomas each missed half of last season. Hope they can stay healthy together, and we get Kuper back real soon.

Believe u r correct, lost best DT in ( was his name Brinkly ) to Saints in free agency, then Lost to IR Hiunter DE so Wolfe who was to rotate DE / DT and at times apply pressure up middle which would be great with Dumer* Miller from the sides is now starter DE so unless Del Rio comes up with unigue packages there are limits to what schemes can be called and middle controoled

Wallace & brown are both 1000 yard receivers easily and brown great after the catch, Baily & Porter will have to do a good job and someone get to Big Ben as he holds that ball and scrambles giving time for a receiver to get open

Starters now play for real at real game speed and all 4 qrtrs save went out for quick rest , rotation, etc, will prove interesting

Believe u r correct, lost best DT in ( was his name Brinkly ) to Saints in free agency, then Lost to IR Hiunter DE so Wolfe who was to rotate DE / DT and at times apply pressure up middle which would be great with Dumer* Miller from the sides is now starter DE so unless Del Rio comes up with unigue packages there are limits to what schemes can be called and middle controoled

Wallace & brown are both 1000 yard receivers easily and brown great after the catch, Baily & Porter will have to do a good job and someone get to Big Ben as he holds that ball and scrambles giving time for a receiver to get open

Starters now play for real at real game speed and all 4 qrtrs save went out for quick rest , rotation, etc, will prove interesting

Brodrick Bunkley is who you mean. Yeah, you are right. I'm most concerned with our D line. Plus safety... We'll see.

I'm hoping Big Ben's kid will be born on Sunday so he'll miss the game :)

The big issue is if the Steelers wear diown late in the game in the high altitude like they did last January..

Manng is going no huddle when he can.

Pitt will have trouble with conditioning

I always wonder if high altitude (just 6,000 feet) really is that big of a deal or more mental factor. Either way, it's good for us. I've spent a lot of time above 9,000, so whenever altitude thing is mentioned, I tend to think it's overblown. It's probably a not non-issue for someone who is not used to it, but 6,000 is not that high...

Brodrick Bunkley is who you mean. Yeah, you are right. I'm most concerned with our D line. Plus safety... We'll see.

YES SAFETY IS THIN

I always wonder if high altitude (just 6,000 feet) really is that big of a deal or more mental factor. Either way, it's good for us. I've spent a lot of time above 9,000, so whenever altitude thing is mentioned, I tend to think it's overblown. It's probably a not non-issue for someone who is not used to it, but 6,000 is not that high...

not sure of O2 Level at 6000 feet but if ball goes more & Steelers sitting a startring player like in playoffs ( a LB or Safety ) with sickle cell trait u know its a factor , will be plenty of O2 on sidelines for sure

By same token Broncos should last longer in normal altitude I would imagine

Steelers Prepare for Peyton

September 5th, 2012 - 7:00pm by Sam Davis

120905_tomlin_blog.jpg

In a conference call on Wednesday, Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin updated the statuses of four key players.

Safety Ryan Clark will not play because of a blood disorder that becomes dangerous in high altitude.

Linebacker James Harrison, a Pro Bowler in each of the last five years, practiced for the first time in the preseason on Monday. Harrison has been out of action since undergoing knee surgery on Aug. 15th.

“We’re just taking it day by day and his availability is going to be based on how he feels following some cumulative work over the course of the week,” Tomlin said. “I think Monday’s work was a positive day, but we’ll continue to watch and see where it takes us.”

“I’m coming along,” added Harrison in a separate call.

Similar to Harrison, it seems to be a wait-and-see situation for the running back Rashard Mendenhall.

Mendenhall has led the team in rushing yards and rushing touchdowns in each of the past three seasons. The 5th-year back injured his knee in the team’s final regular season game in 2011. On Monday, he hit the practice field for the first time since the injury. Tomlin called Mendenhall’s workout “favorable” and said that “his knee responded positively to the work.”

Wide receiver Mike Wallace was a third Steeler to practice for the first time in 2012 on Monday. As opposed to Harrison and Mendenhall, who are recovering from injuries, Wallace was returning from an offseason holdout. According to Tomlin, the role that Wallace plays on Sunday night will depend on how he does in practice throughout the remainder of the week.

“We’re going to rev up the environment as we prepare and get closer to game action,” Tomlin said. “I think he’ll show us continually over the course of the week his overall readiness.”

As Tomlin will re-evaluate the situations of those three players later in the week, he’s focused now on preparing for a Denver Broncos team that is very different from the one that ended Pittsburgh’s 2011 campaign.

“We acknowledge that they’re different of course, not only with (quarterback) Peyton (Manning) but defensively with (Defensive Coordinator Jack) Coach Del Rio, who is very good at what he does,” Tomlin said. “We better remain focused on the challenges that are in front of us this weekend as opposed to looking back at something that happened months ago.”

Specifically regarding Manning, Tomlin said he and the Steelers are familiar with the four-time NFL MVP after seeing him “in some significant games over the years in Pittsburgh.”

Steelers linebacker James Harrison doesn’t believe that rust will be a factor in Manning’s play.

“Peyton Manning is still Peyton Manning,” he said. “He’s doing the same thing now. I see no difference.”

Tomlin also addressed the challenge of facing running back Willis McGahee, who the Steelers have seen plenty of in the recent past. The 10th-year pro and interim team captain spent four years in the AFC North with the Baltimore Ravens, before joining Denver in 2011.

“McGahee is a stud of a runner,” Tomlin said. “That’s a guy that we’re familiar with and we understand what it means when you have to step in the stadium and play a guy like him. We respect him.”

But even with a proven rushing attack led by a 1,000-yard rusher from 2011, the emphasis for the Steelers defense as they prepare for the Sunday night remains on the quarterback.

“I’m just focusing on what we need to do to get prepared for Peyton,” Tomlin said.

I did, too....B

..and it could be you can adjust if you get in Friday and spend some time there..

But the thing with Ryan Clark is clear cut..he cannot play in Denver not now or ever...apparently

That..plus Jame Harrison..if he cant go..is a crack in the Steel Curtain

I did, too....B

..and it could be you can adjust if you get in Friday and spend some time there..

But the thing with Ryan Clark is clear cut..he cannot play in Denver not now or ever...apparently

That..plus Jame Harrison..if he cant go..is a crack in the Steel Curtain

Its a good question, How fast does ones body adjust to differences in Oxygen level at heights, alot depends on what that level is I guess but has to be significant if can trigger a sickle cell episode in someone with only the trait not the disease,

Difference lies in fact that he got the gene only from one parent, not both

though the activity level of pro football would cause it, I wonder if he is still going with the team , lack of activity means more Oxygen and less chance of a sickle cell crisis

then won last 8 and MVP

And that has what to do with what I said?

And that has what to do with what I said?

u said " I expect Peyton to be Peyton. That being said... I expect the unexpected. "

Just saying are many variables even if Peyton is Peyton, maybe the variables are what u mean by u expect the unexpected, maybe I was unclear about understanding your statements intent / meaning so gave a wrong responce

I hope BayareaBronco enjoyed that game. He has been a good poster on this board and that was just a classic Peyton performance. I hope all the Bronco fans appreciated that because it was beautiful to see him carve up that defense with passes AND runs. Nice to have something to be happy about after our poor performance.

I hope BayareaBronco enjoyed that game. He has been a good poster on this board and that was just a classic Peyton performance. I hope all the Bronco fans appreciated that because it was beautiful to see him carve up that defense with passes AND runs. Nice to have something to be happy about after our poor performance.

not a he but a she

Broncos still have to shore up their TE coverage because the TEs are only going to be better than Heath Miller. Tony Gonzalez, Gates, the Pats' TEs and Jimmy Graham yet to come. th_smile.gif

Agreed, that was basically just 1 real TE aand he double moved and we broncos fell for it toi easily

Glad Peyton performed well and won hi first game back. You can see, the receivers and Peyton need some time together, but good second half. There is some talent there.

More like last qrtr & good 32 seconds of 3rd qrtr ( LOL ), Peyton on sidelines way to long , Offense easily could of gotten cold just waiting 57 minutes they said and previous play was just a kneel down for the half

Start of game was very vanilla huddle offense , slow & ineffective, only when went no huddle was it sweat & a score on every drive

When OG chris Kuper gets back, the run game will improve to , hes a great run blocker and virtually a pro bowler

More like last qrtr & good 32 seconds of 3rd qrtr ( LOL ), Peyton on sidelines way to long , Offense easily could of gotten cold just waiting 57 minutes they said and previous play was just a kneel down for the half

Start of game was very vanilla huddle offense , slow & ineffective, only when went no huddle was it sweat & a score on every drive

When OG chris Kuper gets back, the run game will improve to , hes a great run blocker and virtually a pro bowler

Well hopefully your guys defense fairs better than ours down through the years. Peyton is used to not having the ball. He is used to long stretches like that. Every team plays the same way.....keep the ball away from Peyton...no matter what team he plays for. They know just like Bill Bellichek that a game of field position means nothing....its a game of keep away. To Peyton an 80 yard field is no different than a 50 yard one. Once his offense gels even those field goals will turn into TDs. Your defense better be gassed up because they are going to be on the field A LOT. Peyton isn't perfect but he definately makes the most of his opportunities and I look for him to just get better.

Well hopefully your guys defense fairs better than ours down through the years. Peyton is used to not having the ball. He is used to long stretches like that. Every team plays the same way.....keep the ball away from Peyton...no matter what team he plays for. They know just like Bill Bellichek that a game of field position means nothing....its a game of keep away. To Peyton an 80 yard field is no different than a 50 yard one. Once his offense gels even those field goals will turn into TDs. Your defense better be gassed up because they are going to be on the field A LOT. Peyton isn't perfect but he definately makes the most of his opportunities and I look for him to just get better.

My guy are the Colts, but still love Peyton

as many write on Colts I do read the colts football but no time for many comments so when can post just Peyton news Denver Cousins send me

Enjoyed? Now, that's an understatement!!! My head split open last night. Even my usually reserved and pesimistic husband was excited. I just cannot believe he is our QB! Oh my goodness... Can you imagine what happens when our offense clicks?

Agreed, that was basically just 1 real TE aand he double moved and we broncos fell for it toi easily

Yeah, I thought it was real smart of Del Rio to move Mike Adams on Heath Miller later on. Our defense is not perfect, but we have some good pieces to build on. So far, so good!

Enjoyed? Now, that's an understatement!!! My head split open last night. Even my usually reserved and pesimistic husband was excited. I just cannot believe he is our QB! Oh my goodness... Can you imagine what happens when our offense clicks?

Just Let him no huddle, not like the first 3 series, , As said Fox just may be to conservative for Peyton's Unique Abilities

http://assets.sbnati...ailgate_014.JPG

DENPIT_Tailgate_014.JPG

Wow, I know I'm silly but this actually made me emotional. I need to rest my heart!

Just Let him no huddle, not like the first 3 series, , As said Fox just may be to conservative for Peyton's Unique Abilities

I think u quoted and liked before I re-edited