Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Surprise Colt Will Not Make The Final Roster Cutdown(Iyho)?

Henry Swanson

Chick is an example of the "Polian effect". Chick has proven in the past that he simply does not possess NFL level talent. Polian can't or won't see this obvious fact so Chick keep coming back year after year. Instead of signing someone who can actually play at the NFL level, Polian will keep bringing him to fail and waste a camp roster spot every year.

If my memory serves me well, this is only Chick's second year on the team.

Polian DID sign someone who can actually play at the NFL level (Anderson & Brayton). How good either of those two are at this point is another topic.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

alright, alright. am i holding out a little hope for a guy i watched here at home for years? sure. did i over-exaggerate with "beast"? sure. i may have a bias. I was actually ready to accept that he wouldn't make the team until the redskins performance (and if he was cut wanting the Riders to pick him up, we stink this year and could use him back). a glimmer of hope for the upcoming GB game.

There is nothing wrong with holding out hope. I just think for them to keep Chick they would almost have to be willing to cut ties with Hughes, and I just don't see that happening.

Jamey Richard could be a goner at this point. I think Gilreath and Evans make the team leaving Moore out in the cold. Gonzo is gone unless he gets healthy and has a productive last game. Overall it'll look like this.

QB Manning Orlovsky Painter

RB Addai Brown Carter James Evans

LWR Wayne Gilreath

RWR Garcon

SWR Collie

TE Clark Tamme Eldridge McNeill

LT Castonzo Linkenbach

LG Reitz McClendon

C Saturday Kirkpatrick

RG Polak DeVan

RT Diem Ijalana

LE Matis Brayton

UT Nevis Moala Foster

NT Johnson

RE Freeney Chick Hughes

SLB Angerer Wheeler Moten

MLB Bracket Angerer

WLB Conner Sims Moten

LCB Lacey Tryon Rucker

SS Bullitt Lefeged

FS Bethea Caldwell

RCB Powers Thomas

K Vinateri

P McAfee

LS Snow

PR Gilreath

KR Gilreath Garcon

Edit: I can't respond for 24hrs but I forgot to put that White starts the year on PUP. Also, I think there will be more moves once other teams start cutting players.

Edited by soco99

Jamey Richard could be a goner at this point. I think Gilreath and Evans make the team leaving Moore out in the cold. Gonzo is gone unless he gets healthy and has a productive last game. Overall it'll look like this.

LWR Wayne Gilreath

RWR Garcon

SWR Collie

LT Castonzo Linkenbach

LG Reitz McClendon

C Saturday Kirkpatrick

RG Polak DeVan

RT Diem Ijalana

LE Matis Brayton

UT Nevis Moala Foster

NT Johnson

RE Freeney Chick Hughes

MLB Bracket Angerer

WLB Conner Sims Moten

LCB Lacey Tryon Rucker

SS Bullitt Lefeged

FS Bethea Caldwell

RCB Powers Thomas

K Vinateri

P McAfee

LS Snow

PR Gilreath

KR Gilreath Garcon

You left us dangerously thin at WR and DT.We will carry 4 or 5 WR and 5 DT.

Chick is an example of the "Polian effect". Chick has proven in the past that he simply does not possess NFL level talent. Polian can't or won't see this obvious fact so Chick keep coming back year after year. Instead of signing someone who can actually play at the NFL level, Polian will keep bringing him to fail and waste a camp roster spot every year.

Another example of blind Polian hating. Chick has been here for two years and spent last year on the practice squad if I remember correctly. It's not unreasonable to think we would bring him back for the pre-season again this year. Also if you watch the Redskins game he played very well, including with the first unit. I didn't get to see the Rams game but I heard he played well then as well. If he keeps playing well and is good on special teams you better believe the Colts are going to try find him a spot for him on the roster because they could use his help.

Also Polian went out and signed Anderson and Brayton this year two D ends who have been starters on other teams. They were let go by their current teams because they couldn't rush the passer like they wanted despite the fact both were very solid at stopping the run. Now they both come here where we have our pass rushing ends locked in but we could use some good run stopping ends. They could just be what the doctor ordered in terms of the defense. That's not including Sims and Harris as well who were both signed for the defense.

Also, not signing NFL level players? What do you call Bullitt, Lacey, Blair White, Jeff Saturday, Jeff Reitz (by the looks of it), Mike Vanderjagt (before he went crazy kicker on us), and countless other undrafted free agents Polian has signed over the years? What do you call Brandon Stokley and AV? We are paying big money for our star players we don't have big money to go out and sign other big big name free agents. So Polian has had to look at second level free agents to sign. Also there has just been the fact the Colts haven't had too. For the most part under Polian they have done a good enough job drafting they haven't had to go get free agents to plug holes they just do it threw the draft. I'll take that any day over having to go get someone. Judging by our results under Polian he has done a good job of putting a team together year in and year out so i think he knows how to find NFL level talent.

There is nothing wrong with holding out hope. I just think for them to keep Chick they would almost have to be willing to cut ties with Hughes, and I just don't see that happening.

I had room for both on my roster. Now of course I left Brayton off my roster. Not so much because I think Chick would take Brayton spot per say (both do different things even though they both play the same poistion on the roster) but more because I haven't see anything out of Brayton that shows me we should keep him. Now with that said that was based on one game in which he had less than a half of week of practice. Hopefully he steps it up this week and gives us a reason to keep him. I would rather have him and Anderson as two run stopping ends than I would a fourth pass rushing end who can also play special teams.

LWR Wayne Gilreath

RWR Garcon

SWR Collie

LT Castonzo Linkenbach

LG Reitz McClendon

C Saturday Kirkpatrick

RG Polak DeVan

RT Diem Ijalana

LE Matis Brayton

UT Nevis Moala Foster

NT Johnson

RE Freeney Chick Hughes

MLB Bracket Angerer

WLB Conner Sims Moten

LCB Lacey Tryon Rucker

SS Bullitt Lefeged

FS Bethea Caldwell

RCB Powers Thomas

K Vinateri

P McAfee

LS Snow

PR Gilreath

KR Gilreath Garcon

Edit: I can't respond for 24hrs but I forgot to put that White starts the year on PUP. Also, I think there will be more moves once other teams start cutting players.

I like this, but I make the following changes...

- Evans and Kirkpatrick to the PS

- Gonzo and Mathews/Harris on the team

LWR Wayne Gilreath

RWR Garcon

SWR Collie

LT Castonzo Linkenbach

LG Reitz McClendon

C Saturday Kirkpatrick

RG Polak DeVan

RT Diem Ijalana

LE Matis Brayton

UT Nevis Moala Foster

NT Johnson

RE Freeney Chick Hughes

MLB Bracket Angerer

WLB Conner Sims Moten

LCB Lacey Tryon Rucker

SS Bullitt Lefeged

FS Bethea Caldwell

RCB Powers Thomas

K Vinateri

P McAfee

LS Snow

PR Gilreath

KR Gilreath Garcon

This isn't gonna happen!

We've only carried four WRs the past few years but we wont cut Gonzo, it's the last year of his deal they will just simply not resign him at years end if he can't stay healthy.

As we've just learned;he can't stay healthy.I think this time jeff farted in the huddle and gave gonzo a concussion.

You're kidding me,right?However,i would absolutely love to see Donald get fired!He's a real turd and a horrible person(i speak from experience with him).I've seen him refuse to sign autos for kids numerous times.

I've noticed a trend here regarding your personal dislike for Brown. By any chance was it you who Donald refused to provide a signature to? Sorry, but I hope they need a better reason than that to cut him.

I remember in his draft year - pausing my TV as the Colts were on the board, guessing that they needed a running back, reading all the available running backs descriptions, and suddenly "knowing" that Brown would be the choice. As far as character and intelligence is concerned, he is a Colt all the way. Now if he could just run between the tackles a little better and stay healthy.

Where have you been the past 5 years or so(in a pineapple under the sea)?Are we watching the same games?I think you're confusing madden 11 with actual reality.lol!

I would appreciate it if you would be a little bit more respectful. This isn't funny, and it's inappropriate (see forum rules #14). "Turd" isn't exactly a stunning word choice either.

And where I've been for the past five years is watching every snap of Colts football and reading every article I can find. Perhaps you have time to watch cartoons and play video games. I don't. Check out Gonzo's yards per catch compared to the other Colts receivers. Check out Brown's yards per catch compared to the other Colts running backs. Check out their college resumes compared to the UFA's. I could dig up the game reports and articles from their more successful endeavors if you would like. The issue with both is injuries, talent is not the problem. And Hughes is not only talented, but too young to give up on regardless of your opinion of his performance.

Gonzalez needs to show he can stay healthy - I would expect the Colts to give him that chance. He has played in 31 of 48 possible regular season games, with 99 catches and 7 TDs - all decent numbers. Since he is in the last year of his rookie contract, I would expect he will be released unless he plays the entire season and returns to the productivity he had in 2008. His pre-season work so far does not seem to bode well ... but we are really just at the half-way point of the pre-season, so he could still recover.

If Blair White cannot get-off the PUP list, that creates a hole in the slot depth chart. Outside receivers are Wayne and Garcon, with Collie and Gonzo in the slot (but each have well-documented durability issues). Smith is most likely to fill WR#5 because he brings ST assets, but he generally plays outside, and a slot is needed. Chris Brooks is the next slot option, but he has been inconsistent (although he played well against Washington) and doesn't bring much to ST. Gilreath is next, he brings KR/PR skill, but is also an outside receiver. This leaves Horn, who played well in the slot (albeit in limited reps) against the 'Skins, and has ST abilities (he almost blocked another punt in yesterday's practice). Williams and Moore have not done well at all, and I would expect they will be cut when the team goes from 90 to 75.

My guess for the WRs when the 53-man roster is posted going into week 1:

Wayne, Garcon, Collie, Gonzalez and Smith; with Gilreath, Horn and Brooks on the practice squad; White to IR.

Do you know the extent of Whites injury? If memory serves you can stay on the PUP list for some time, so I wouldn't expect him to be I/Red just yet.

I agree with most of your points, but if White returns, I would expect him to back up Collie in the slot, with Gonzalez on the outside. Garcon will likely get the nod at first, but after a couple of series are terminated early because of passes bouncing off his hands, I would expect Gonzalez's playing time to increase. I haven't seen much of the others. I did watch some of Horn's college highlights though, and I wouldn't be astonished if he eventually passed White regardless of health. The Colts survived (somewhat) with White last year, but it was painful. They could do a lot better.

I've noticed a trend here regarding your personal dislike for Brown. By any chance was it you who Donald refused to provide a signature to? Sorry, but I hope they need a better reason than that to cut him.

I remember in his draft year - pausing my TV as the Colts were on the board, guessing that they needed a running back, reading all the available running backs descriptions, and suddenly "knowing" that Brown would be the choice. As far as character and intelligence is concerned, he is a Colt all the way. Now if he could just run between the tackles a little better and stay healthy.

I would appreciate it if you would be a little bit more respectful. This isn't funny, and it's inappropriate (see forum rules #14). "Turd" isn't exactly a stunning word choice either.

And where I've been for the past five years is watching every snap of Colts football and reading every article I can find. Perhaps you have time to watch cartoons and play video games. I don't. Check out Gonzo's yards per catch compared to the other Colts receivers. Check out Brown's yards per catch compared to the other Colts running backs. Check out their college resumes compared to the UFA's. I could dig up the game reports and articles from their more successful endeavors if you would like. The issue with both is injuries, talent is not the problem. And Hughes is not only talented, but too young to give up on regardless of your opinion of his performance.

No,i don't seek autos from performing monkeys(athletes).They are here to entertain us...nothing more or less.And from what i've witness from him,i would say he is truly a horrible,rude and arrogant person.It was a huge mistake to draft him,but its not too late to correct this.What college resume are you refering to?The one where he rushed for 2,000 yards agains't scrubs?I would say "turd" is an accurate accessment of him and his effort.

P.S.Cartoons rock!But video games just hurt my eyes(sad face).And don't be jealous because you're not as witty or funny as i.