5. (tie) Tom Brady … 22

5. (tie) Otto Graham … 22

7. (tie) Roger Staubach … 17

7. (tie) Bart Starr … 17

9. Brett Favre … 12

10. Dan Marino … 11

http://blogs.denverp...na-elway/15429/

The Mind of Peyton Manning now powering Denver Broncos

Broncos happy to mix QB's extraordinary football brainpower with their horsepower

after giving examples how the ball is thrown just when stokley starts to cut for 1 example and arrives exactly where stokley will end up being on time perfect position to catch

more EXCERPTS

Anticipation comes from the mind, which says something about how Manning thinks on the football field. He can see before the image has formed. Stokley wasn't there, yet, but Manning saw him there anyway.

There are times when Manning can tell merely by watching how a linebacker stands whether he is going to drop into coverage or sprint forward on a blitz. Manning can watch how his receiver comes off the line of scrimmage and tell whether he will be open 17½ yards down the field. The Broncos don't have to put a tight end in motion to figure out whether the safety is going to chase, which would indicate man-to-man defense, or drop back into a zone.

For going on a decade or so, Manning has been considered the NFL's smartest quarterback. His cerebral reputation was primarily incited through his demonstrative commands at the line of scrimmage — well away from the secretive huddle and in front of God, a fan-filled stadium and television audience.

Still, distinguishing the physical attributes of the all-time best quarterbacks can be debated. Reading a defense before the snap, adjusting to a defensive disguise after the snap, understanding opponent tendencies on third down and vulnerabilities against the no-huddle — this is where Manning is the NFL's valedictorian

"There's no coach in the NFL who knows more offensive football than he does," Martz said.

Building the perfect QB

Science would be far more interesting to more students if the assigned project in lab class was to build the perfect quarterback.

Start with John Elway's arm.

It'd be nice to have Michael Vick's legs and

Joe Namath's release.

Mix in a heavy dose of Joe Montana's poise under pressure.

Might as well throw in Tom Brady's good looks because, you know, the perfect quarterback figures to be onhis share of magazine covers.

There is enough accuracy in the arms of Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Warner to fill an army of perfect quarterbacks

Manning's mind would be the no-brainer to the perfect-quarterback project.

re:The Mind of Peyton Manning now powering Denver Broncos - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz25bpZRtJ2

I must get my in-laws to send me the special preview section!

Did u read the line they wrote on taking all QB's and making a perfect one & what they wrote on Brady

Might as well throw in Tom Brady's good looks because, you know, the perfect quarterback figures to be on his share of magazine covers.

& they didnt include him in the part where noted any of these QBs can be used for acurracy

There is enough accuracy in the arms of Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Warner to fill an army of perfect quarterbacks

So no part of Brady was used for perfect QB, I am starting to wonder if there is bias in the Denver Post

Man this site would have a field day if they saw that in the Peyton Vs Brady thread on who is best

Did u read the line they wrote on taking all QB's and making a perfect one & what they wrote on Brady

Might as well throw in Tom Brady's good looks because, you know, the perfect quarterback figures to be on his share of magazine covers.

& they didnt include him in the part where noted any of these QBs can be used for acurracy

So no part of Brady was used for perfect QB, I am starting to wonder if there is bias in the Denver Post

Man this site would have a field day if they saw that in the Peyton Vs Brady thread on who is best

LOL. Yeah, I read that. I thought it was funny. i guess the most striking thing about Brady is his beauty to them. I guess I cannot fault the logic but watch out, Eric Decker! :)

LOL. Yeah, I read that. I thought it was funny. i guess the most striking thing about Brady is his beauty to them. I guess I cannot fault the logic but watch out, Eric Decker! :)

this still ranked him tied for 5th but way below Peyton in

4. Peyton Manning … 30

5. (tie) Tom Brady … 22

5. (tie) Otto Graham … 22

Voting based on 10 points for the top pick, 9 for No. 2, etc.

yet didnt puit accuracy QB's on top 10 list not even after that

Others receiving votes: Terry Bradshaw (9), Joe Namath (9), Steve Young (5), Sammy Baugh (2)

"See that ball right there?...He threw the ball right out of the cut...[Mike Martz former Rams & Bears OC]"He doesn't have to gun it. Kurt Warner was like that. Neither one had the strongest arm, but that strong-arm stuff is overrated."Jeff George could throw a tomato through a locomotive, as Martz put it. But like so many strong-arm quarterbacks, George too often waited for his receiver to come open first. Then he threw. By the time the ball arrives, no matter how fast the ball is humming, the receiver may no longer be open. Jeff George could throw a tomato through a locomotive, as Martz put it. But like so many strong-arm quarterbacks, George too often waited for his receiver to come open first. Then he threw. By the time the ball arrives, no matter how fast the ball is humming, the receiver may no longer be open."

Peyton Manning in addition to line of scrimmage reads is a master at anticipating throws before his WR or TE has even broken off their route. Manning learned that courtesy of Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison.

"I was more of a grinder," Manning said. "I used to envy these kids who didn't have to study and get grades...What I like about Adam [Gase Denver QB Coach] is he is also what I would call a grinder. He has the same goal that I do, which is to play quarterback at as high a level as you can play. So he meets me early, we stay late.

Perfection is never winning every down, but wearing down your opponent through endurance and tenacity. Being "A Grinder." hahaI love it Man!!! Thanks for the post Bayone. :thmup:

"See that ball right there?...He threw the ball right out of the cut...[Mike Martz former Rams & Bears OC]"He doesn't have to gun it. Kurt Warner was like that. Neither one had the strongest arm, but that strong-arm stuff is overrated."Jeff George could throw a tomato through a locomotive, as Martz put it. But like so many strong-arm quarterbacks, George too often waited for his receiver to come open first. Then he threw. By the time the ball arrives, no matter how fast the ball is humming, the receiver may no longer be open. Jeff George could throw a tomato through a locomotive, as Martz put it. But like so many strong-arm quarterbacks, George too often waited for his receiver to come open first. Then he threw. By the time the ball arrives, no matter how fast the ball is humming, the receiver may no longer be open."

Peyton Manning in addition to line of scrimmage reads is a master at anticipating throws before his WR or TE has even broken off their route. Manning learned that courtesy of Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison.

"I was more of a grinder," Manning said. "I used to envy these kids who didn't have to study and get grades...What I like about Adam [Gase Denver QB Coach] is he is also what I would call a grinder. He has the same goal that I do, which is to play quarterback at as high a level as you can play. So he meets me early, we stay late.

Perfection is never winning every down, but wearing down your opponent through endurance and tenacity. Being "A Grinder." hahaI love it Man!!! Thanks for the post Bayone. :thmup:

My Pleasure