Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Kings Of The Afc South

King Colt

Sorry folks the Houston Texans are finally on top. As a life long Colt fan I tell it like it is no matter how painful. With the best running attack in football (with the addition of Tate #44) and Wade Phillips calling the defense the Texans will capture the divison title easily. There schedule is a cake-walk barring four games. Who thinks anyone else will win the division?

Sorry, but until it happens, the Colts are still the favorites. People have predicted them for a few years now to do it and have fallen short. They have to PROVE it, before I will give it to them. I think they have the most talent outside of the Colts to do it, but until they do, Colts are the Kings.

Sorry folks the Houston Texans are finally on top. As a life long Colt fan I tell it like it is no matter how painful. With the best running attack in football (with the addition of Tate #44) and Wade Phillips calling the defense the Texans will capture the divison title easily. There schedule is a cake-walk barring four games. Who thinks anyone else will win the division?

Since the advent of free-agency, I've never been a party to the talk of a "cake-walk" schedule. In the NFL, things are never as easy as the numbers make it seem.

Though I've been blowing the Texans horn for some several months now, I cannot hand them the reigns to the AFC South without first seeing them prove capable of such honor. To add more to this, even a week 1 loss to the Texans will not see me grant them passage through our division. As recent history has provided due cause for me to term the AFC South as "OUR" division. It remains ours to keep, or ours to lose. The Texans cannot take this division from us with roster moves and coaching changes. They must do so on the scoreboard, and they must do so over the rigors of an entire season.

i only read it cause it said "new" afc south champs meaning that its not the colts this is our division let me tell you some division belong to some teams

afc south :1colts:

afc east :pats:

so those things about taken division take that to the nfc west and afc west

There must be a cystal ball sale going on around here because there are several people that can predict the future :ignore: . Last time I checked arent you still king until dethrowned? Just because a team impresses you doesnt mean they are going to win the division. Colts are AFC champs until further notice

There must be a cystal ball sale going on around here because there are several people that can predict the future :ignore: . Last time I checked arent you still king until dethrowned? Just because a team impresses you doesnt mean they are going to win the division. Colts are AFC champs until further notice

A crystal ball is worth only the crystal used to make such a faulty device.

I believe many in our camp should become privy to the knowledge that the season is still some 3 weeks from start.

Yes....they look very good, but I'll wait until they actually go out and do it.

Let's face it....on paper, the Chargers should have had multiple Super Bowl rings by now.

I see where you are coming from, they have added some additions as you indicated, with Phillips being an important part . . . but for me i need to see Houston close out the brain fart games and don't lose those 2-4 winnable games . . . until they close out those games, not sure how i can see them winning the division . . .

however, if they are able to close out those games, then they will be a tough division rival . . .

We shouldn't even have a season. The Eagles already won the NFC, and we can have a game of rock paper scissors between the steelers, patriots and texans to see who wins the AFC. Better luck next year, everyone else!

Texans? They will be good but nobody said they would be the fav in the AFC. Jets and Chargers and Ravens? Right now the Patriots are everybody's darling in the AFC. Have you noticed the Colts are getting almost no attention right now? Most the experts are writing them off already so maybe that will motivate them.

:nutz: As long as Manning is under center, my money goes on the Colts.

The Texans might win the division due to their projected easier schedule. Also, the Colts, Manning in particular, could possibly show some rust in the first few weeks of the season. We might dig ourselves a whole early with loses to the division rival Texans and conference rival Steelers. Even if the Texans win the division, it will not matter because the Colts will make it further in the playoffs. The Packers didn't even win their division last year and look where they ended up when it was all said and done.

Why don't we at least wait for the first game against them before we hand them the division?

The Texans can do it. They've been able to do it for a couple years now. But they haven't because they've choked on the pressure.

I WILL SAY, however, that them winning the division is impartial to how good they are, but instead how bad we are. If we can get back to our 12 win threshold, that pretty much guarantees the division to us. If we win 10 or 11 games, it's most likely going to go to tie breakers.

I picked up a paper crown from Burger King and mailed it to the Texan's front office.

If they ever win the division in my lifetime, I am SOOOOOOOO doing that. You know we'll never hear the end of that from them. Same goes for the jags. (Though, that is highly unlikely to happen.)

Man this sounds so familiar... LAst time i checked the Texans have NEVER had a winning record. Forgive me if im not too worried.

Hidden

Two weeks into the preseason and the Texans are on top? Enough of the moronic comments. Which team's bandwagon will you jump on if the Colts do have a bad season?

I'd give it to the Colts until proven otherwise. I've heard for years that the Texans are ready to take the next step, and it hasn't happened yet. For the record, I feel the same way about my Eagles winning the NFC. I do expect a division win, and I think we can compete with anyone, but the Packers are still NFC champs until someone knocks them off.

I'll believe it when I see it. A decent running game goes a long way in helping that to happen but until I see a defense in Houston that isn't laughable I'll wait until the games are played before I run my mouth.

The truth is, Colts are a bigger question mark than the Texans.

We know that the Texans will have a solid offense. Also, they've seemingly made some good moves on Defense. With the Colts, as long as Peyton Manning is out, you don't know what your're going to get one either side of the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

Proven winning franchise stocked with veterens vs proven underachieving franchise stocked with guys who seem to be struggling to meet their full potential. It's been mentioned that the Texans are a paper franchise. They lost 8 of their last 10 games in 2010, but Oh my!... they've won all three of their preseason games. They must be better than the colts! :facepalm: At Manning's retirement party the Colts will hand the keys to the division over to the Texans. Until then... they have to take them from us. Maybe they find their backbone and do it this season, but I'll believe it when I see it.