Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

@ Houston 2 Years Running?

cmgww

Is it me, or does anyone else think it's a bit underhanded of the NFL to start the Colts out AT the Texans two years in a row?? Is this predetermined? I know the whole scheduling thing is complicated but I do know some things are set in stone years ahead (division winners playing each other, playing a division from the NFC, etc), but this is a divisional game that could have easily been at Indy. Again I get that we play NE every year b/c we both win our divisions (and the one year we didn't it was our turn to play their division anyway) and that rotates home/away....we played there 04-06, here 07-09...

If playing at the Texans is a fault of the scheduling system, then I'll live with that. But if the NFL chose to put us back there to start the season, then I call it dirty pool

Being that we own them and typically injuries are minimal during week 1, I prefer getting division rivals in our pocket early on. Being in their house week 1 means that they come here later in the year when standings are becoming increasingly tightened.

It's the schedule you gotta play them at some point as someone else pointed out. The Colts schedule this year is odd though with four out of five games on the road including three in a row. This is also the second time in three years we've had a three game home stand as well. It is what it is though.

Well it could be bad or good- if you lose you carry that loss all year in terms of playoff elimination and vica versa if you win. Either way champions should not concern themselves. I watched a much improved Texans team beat the Saints in exhibition. They have a powerhouse running game with Ben Gates running nine times for 95 yeards. He will be a huge addition to the number one running back in the NFL. Their offense like the Colts, is a standout versus their defense. I just hope the Colts don't favor Mannings ego to not miss a start so he does not risk getting his neck wrenched in game one. If I were the Texans I would be tackling him very high.

Being that we own them and typically injuries are minimal during week 1, I prefer getting division rivals in our pocket early on. Being in their house week 1 means that they come here later in the year when standings are becoming increasingly tightened.

you would rather Manning's first game in 8 months NOT be a division game...but...whatever

Not even worried about it, I fully expect Nevis to start alongside A.J and with the loss of Leach I fully expect less than 200 yards rushing allowed vs the Texans lol!!! I will be disappointed if Nevis doesn't start considering he's been the shining light of the DT spot in pre season. I already favor and like this guys tenacity much more than. AJ or FM, read it and weep, it seems like the trend from fans is the Colts finally have a potential game changing DT. Not even worried about the Texans with #18 in there and a healthy Colts team.

Not even worried about it, I fully expect Nevis to start alongside A.J and with the loss of Leach I fully expect less than 200 yards rushing allowed vs the Texans lol!!!

Yeah, I expect the Texans to get something in the 150-200 yards ball park on the ground. Let us be realistic on what we can expect from Peyton and our timing offense as well, he is going to struggle even if he plays but we may have no other choice. If we are going to beat the Texans, we have to make Schaub throw more. We will have to control tempo and run the ball well ourselves to stand a chance in this game. I am still not sold on the Texans' secondary though I admit their pass rush has gotten better with Wade manning the show, at least from what they have shown in pre-season.

Is it me, or does anyone else think it's a bit underhanded of the NFL to start the Colts out AT the Texans two years in a row?? Is this predetermined? I know the whole scheduling thing is complicated but I do know some things are set in stone years ahead (division winners playing each other, playing a division from the NFC, etc), but this is a divisional game that could have easily been at Indy. Again I get that we play NE every year b/c we both win our divisions (and the one year we didn't it was our turn to play their division anyway) and that rotates home/away....we played there 04-06, here 07-09...

If playing at the Texans is a fault of the scheduling system, then I'll live with that. But if the NFL chose to put us back there to start the season, then I call it dirty pool

you would rather Manning's first game in 8 months NOT be a division game...but...whatever

It's just like the rest of life - be scared and worry or be happy with the hand you're dealt & charge it.

We have to play them at some point in the season. The 3:4 takes time to switch from a 4:3. I doubt we see them effectively use it and I would expect even a 50% Peyton exploit it at times during the game.

I would argue I would rather play them before they completely gel as a unit on D with a QB that doesn't have all of his timing down yet, rather than playing them when Peyton is still struggling and them playing well as a unit.

If anything its kind of nice they switched to a 3:4 so we get to see it more in the regular season and just don't see it in the playoffs.

We lost week 1 to them last year, and we still won the division. Lets just play it, beat them this time with a defense that should be way more solid against the run and come home 1-0. The run defense hasn't been good in preseason, but I'm hoping that has a lot to do with the fact that we haven't had our 11 starters all playing together and we are playing a very vanilla defense. They best learn how to tackle before week 1 though, starters or backups, or else it will be a long year.