Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Play Action Pass

Manning2Wayne

definitely agree. they used play action quite a bit last year but with the running game as ineffective as it was, the defense seldom gave PA any respect. Hopefully the running game improves this year (can't wait to see what Carter can do) and that will make PA much more effective.

Seeing Delone Carter present himself as a legitimate threat sure was encouraging. We have a bevy of O-lineman to sort through and promising young talent that will develop. People keep romancing back to 2004 and Manning's numbers then, it was the play-action that made all that possible. I believe the OP is correct, the play-action may yet see a revival in Indy this year.

I love play action as much as anyone but the Colt #1s need to do a littler better than 1.5 yd / carry to make it work.

Hopefully, the futility we saw this weekend was the new linemen getting used to the system and will be fixed but for now the running game is a big problem for selling the play action.

Its eveident the colts made alot of strides to ready themselves for a chance to get to the superbowl with all the signings and getting bigger at the RB position, Hopefully the Oline can be consistent tbh i would rather see ijalana playing RT than Diem but i guess that will come in time.

o line

lt - constanzo 6'7" 311

lg - reiz 6'7" 320 or meclendon 6'3" 323

c - saturday 6'2" 295

rg - deim 6'6" 320

rt - ijalana 6'4" 317

reiz will be the starter but meclendon comes in on running downs

link will start the season until ijalana gets up to speed coming from a small school will take more time to get used to nfl competition

lets say if saturday goes next year the line will look like this

lt- constanzo 6'7" 311

lg- reiz 6'7" 320

c- meclendon 6'3" 323

rg- diem 6'6" 320 if resigned, if not meclendon and pollack at center or kapatrick (udf)

rt- ijalana 6'4" 317

time is changing in indy right before our eyes and yall dont even see it

we got rid of mudd and moore because the were old and unwilling to change

mudd believed small was better for the oline cause they was quicker thus better pass protectors

but as time and time again we seen are little guy would get bullied and beaten and when we need a

3rd an one cant run for it if we was able to get 3rd and ones peyton would have had like 2 more rings

moore and mudd didnt believe the system needed change thus it was time to change them yall have to be patient with it but i see good signs

alot more girth is being added sp well see

o line

lt - constanzo 6'7" 311

lg - reiz 6'7" 320 or meclendon 6'3" 323

c - saturday 6'2" 295

rg - deim 6'6" 320

rt - ijalana 6'4" 317

reiz will be the starter but meclendon comes in on running downs

link will start the season until ijalana gets up to speed coming from a small school will take more time to get used to nfl competition

lets say if saturday goes next year the line will look like this

lt- constanzo 6'7" 311

lg- reiz 6'7" 320

c- meclendon 6'3" 323

rg- diem 6'6" 320 if resigned, if not meclendon and pollack at center or kapatrick (udf)

rt- ijalana 6'4" 317

Why would the colts switch Guards during a series?? O_o.. they dont have time to do that plus your hindering a players chance to get better in both running and passing. And McClendon will not play center either, if anything it would be pollack playing center next year if saturday is gone cause that was his original position in which he was good at.

All of a sudden I'm hearing all this talk about Joe Reitz. I don't watch preseason games at all so can someone fill me in. Is he good at pass blocking or run blocking? Is there a guard in the present day NFL that he resembles? Does he have good technique and footwork? Or is he just an all-around type of guard?