Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Schedule toughness based on...?

oldunclemark

If schedule toughness is based on last year's schedule....isnt iot almost totally lame?...

the Colts were 2-14.....last year but they arent a 2-14 team now...

the Bears were 8-8 but jay Cutler and Matt Fiorte didnt play the last 3 games,, are they an 8-8 team?

The Saints were 13-3.....but all they've done in the off-season is lie, whine and gets suspended...

..they arent a 13-3 team, are they?

..the point is that when we eveluate the teams...the schedule they play, especially outside the divison is not a reliable factor one way or another

You're correct, but is there really another way to do it that's 100% objective? Not really. You can't base strength-of-schedule on Power Rankings.

Of course..you are right.......but I just think rating schdeules before anybody has finalized their roster seems unscientific at best...

..a lot of teams are seem to be playing softer schedule in the Colts division BECAUSE they're playing the 2-14 Colts.

....But they are most definetly not going to see a 2-14 team when they get here...

.Denver and Bears were both 8-8.....right?.......but they arent those same guys anymore

Someone please explain to me why the Patriots have one of the easiest schedules in the league this year. They were in the darn SB last season for crying out loud! I know the whole rotation of playing another division and playing division winners within your conference, but man every year they seem to get a cake walk schedule. I guess it is bc every year is different and teams go from good to bad and vice versa... But something smells in Foxborough

Someone please explain to me why the Patriots have one of the easiest schedules in the league this year. They were in the darn SB last season for crying out loud! I know the whole rotation of playing another division and playing division winners within your conference, but man every year they seem to get a cake walk schedule. I guess it is bc every year is different and teams go from good to bad and vice versa... But something smells in Foxborough

there's only 2 games in a year that aren't known ahead of time, and that is the two teams in your conference - in the two divisions you don't play - that finished the same respective place in their division. 14 games are known every year, for however long in advance you want to map them out as long as you know the rotation of divisions, and home/away. Nothing fishy in a system that anyone can predict. :)