Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My take on our draft

I will be going over our first 3 rounds. I think that we will end up with a 3-13 record and the 2nd pick in the draft. A team will want Logan Thomas and we will get 3 future first's and a second. We will be at the 6th pick in the draft. We should trade down yet again, this time to 10, and pick up another second.

With this pick, we choose Chance Warmack, OG Alabama. Warmack is a beast!! He completely dominated the Michigan defensive line and I don't think his man made a tackle in the game. He had at least 6 pancakes in the game. He blocks until the whistle blows. On one play a Michigan defensive player had a step on him and got the first push and leverage on Warmack, but Warmack used his will power to eventually pancake the opposing lineman. Oh yeah, he also has never been injured in his college career. He would allow Andrew Luck to not worry about stepping up in the pocket and could finally give us a good run game.

With the first of our 2 second round picks, we choose Aaron Dobson, WR Marshall. Dobson is a big WR with great hands. At 6-3 and with a basketball backround, he will go over defenders to get the ball. He has great, consistent hands and will snag the ball right from a defender. He is not a great route runner, but working with Reggie should help that. He has good top end speed. Dobson will be that #1 WR we have been looking for to replace Reggie when he retires. Here is a video that displays his hands.

With the second of our 2 second rounders, we pick TJ Mcdonald, S USC. Mcdonald loves to hit. He is a captain for the veteran USC squad, which shows his leadership.

For some reason it wouldn't let me finish so here's the whole thing.

I will be going over our first 3 rounds. I think that we will end up with a 3-13 record and the 2nd pick in the draft. A team will want Logan Thomas and we will get 3 future first's and a second. We will be at the 6th pick in the draft. We should trade down yet again, this time to 10, and pick up another second.

With this pick, we choose Chance Warmack, OG Alabama. Warmack is a beast!! He completely dominated the Michigan defensive line and I don't think his man made a tackle in the game. He had at least 6 pancakes in the game. He blocks until the whistle blows. On one play a Michigan defensive player had a step on him and got the first push and leverage on Warmack, but Warmack used his will power to eventually pancake the opposing lineman. Oh yeah, he also has never been injured in his college career. He would allow Andrew Luck to not worry about stepping up in the pocket and could finally give us a good run game.

With the first of our 2 second round picks, we choose Aaron Dobson, WR Marshall. Dobson is a big WR with great hands. At 6-3 and with a basketball backround, he will go over defenders to get the ball. He has great, consistent hands and will snag the ball right from a defender. He is not a great route runner, but working with Reggie should help that. He has good top end speed. Dobson will be that #1 WR we have been looking for to replace Reggie when he retires. Here is a video that displays his hands.

With the second of our 2 second rounders, we pick TJ Mcdonald, S USC. Mcdonald loves to hit. He is a captain for the veteran USC squad, which shows his leadership. He averaged about 6 tackles per game, which is pretty impressive to me. He could bring back that fire that we haven't had since Bob Sanders left. If we draft Mcdonald and he pans out, we could have one of the best safety tandems in the league.

With our third round pick we pick Brennan Williams, OT UNC. Williams could play opposite Anthony Castonzo and help protect Luck. He is very athletic and strong. He flashes a meanstreak and will get nasty. He is a LT, but is probably more suited to be a right tackle. If we drafted Williams and Warmack to go with Castonzo and Satele, our O-Line would be solidified for almost all of Luck's career.

Who are the WRs coming out in the 2014 draft?

Robert Woods, Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Marquis Wilson, and Deandre Hopkins are Juniors who could forgo the draft this year. Sophomores this year are Marqise Lee, Sammy Watkins, Odell Beckham, Malcom Mitchell, Jaxon Shipley, Deon Long, and Devonte Parker.

I'm more pessimistic than most here, but 3-13?

More for the sake of the article. I think that we have 3-6 wins. This is what I think we should do if we go 3-13. I mean the way we've played the last few games, I could see that happening. It's more realistic than 9-7 like some people are saying.

Personally I see us getting at least 5-6 wins this year. 5 really being worst case to me. Now If we take a whole buch of Injuries then we may do worse but hopefully that wont happen.

Me being pretty optimistic though im gonna say we go 7-9 this year which would land us pick 11-13 probably. Now If we end up picking here I dont see us trading down unlsess a real good deal is offered. So I see us staying put.

So with the 12 pick we choose OG Chance Wramack. A solid all around guard who is physical at the point of attack and owns his man every play. Would help our run game alot and solidify our pass pro.

Now I would have change in pick here if Star Lotulelei were still available or somehow Keenan Allen. If either of those two were to fall we should take one of them. Star Lotulelei is a guy who draws double teams and can even handle tripple teams. He's quick for his size and get's off the ball very well. He anticipates the snap count well and takes his first step before any of the Offensive linemen have even moved. Plus he sheds blocks pretty well and he's always moving to the ball. You dont find NT like this very often.Reason for Allen is he put up the numbers he did wothout a Matt Barkley. He was the only real recieving threat on CAL last year which means he was targeted by defenses and defenders alot, and he still put up very simular numbers to Woods and he's bigger. Definatley would be that #1 guy.

3rd round Jared Abbrederis WR Wisconsin. Hes 6'2" 185 and seems to be very fluent and deceptivley fast. Has good consistent hands, doesn't seem to do alot of bobbling with it when he catches it he quickly brings it down and secures it. Breaks in and out of routes well and seems to have nack for getting open and finding the soft spot in the defense. Also He played QB and RB in Highschool and now he's WR so he has a deeper understanding of what his QB might be thinking and looking for. This guy is growing on me and really seems fundamentaly solid. Oh and he was Walk on who I think has earned a shcolarship now. Not the greatest quality video but its the only actually highlight video I could find thats no just one catch.

http://youtu.be/bybQIKieVMQ

4th round Devin Taylor DE South Carolina. Has solid potential with more playing time this year. Shows the abiity to get to the QB and is tall which mean he can deflect passes and disturb passing lan with his long arms. Plays the run ok but is gonna have to work on staying lower sometimes becuase hes so tall.

Personally I see us getting at least 5-6 wins this year. 5 really being worst case to me. Now If we take a whole buch of Injuries then we may do worse but hopefully that wont happen.

Me being pretty optimistic though im gonna say we go 7-9 this year which would land us pick 11-13 probably. Now If we end up picking here I dont see us trading down unlsess a real good deal is offered. So I see us staying put.

So with the 12 pick we choose OG Chance Wramack. A solid all around guard who is physical at the point of attack and owns his man every play. Would help our run game alot and solidify our pass pro.

Now I would have change in pick here if Star Lotulelei were still available or somehow Keenan Allen. If either of those two were to fall we should take one of them. Star Lotulelei is a guy who draws double teams and can even handle tripple teams. He's quick for his size and get's off the ball very well. He anticipates the snap count well and takes his first step before any of the Offensive linemen have even moved. Plus he sheds blocks pretty well and he's always moving to the ball. You dont find NT like this very often.Reason for Allen is he put up the numbers he did wothout a Matt Barkley. He was the only real recieving threat on CAL last year which means he was targeted by defenses and defenders alot, and he still put up very simular numbers to Woods and he's bigger. Definatley would be that #1 guy.

3rd round Jared Abbrederis WR Wisconsin. Hes 6'2" 185 and seems to be very fluent and deceptivley fast. Has good consistent hands, doesn't seem to do alot of bobbling with it when he catches it he quickly brings it down and secures it. Breaks in and out of routes well and seems to have nack for getting open and finding the soft spot in the defense. Also He played QB and RB in Highschool and now he's WR so he has a deeper understanding of what his QB might be thinking and looking for. This guy is growing on me and really seems fundamentaly solid. Oh and he was Walk on who I think has earned a shcolarship now. Not the greatest quality video but its the only actually highlight video I could find thats no just one catch.

http://youtu.be/bybQIKieVMQ

4th round Devin Taylor DE South Carolina. Has solid potential with more playing time this year. Shows the abiity to get to the QB and is tall which mean he can deflect passes and disturb passing lan with his long arms. Plays the run ok but is gonna have to work on staying lower sometimes becuase hes so tall.

I think worst case we have 2 wins again and best case we have 7. I would choose Warmack over Lotuleilei. He's just that good.

I think worst case we have 2 wins again and best case we have 7. I would choose Warmack over Lotuleilei. He's just that good.

Have you watched Lotulelei? This guy is beast. Your not gonna find a NT that is capable of what hes capable of very often. Watch his video and look at his first steps and how alot of the time hes off the ball before the offensive line has even moved. Thats huge for a defensive linemen. It allows him to get his arms extended and controll his man or the double team before the offensive line men can get in close on him. Plus hes strong and fast for his size, Like I said they say he can handle tripple teams and aslo hes even dropped back into coverage before. I aslo said this becuase who knows if Chapman will stay healthy now and Johnson is getting older. I aslo dont really trust that Brandon Mckinney is gonna stay healthy when he comes back. So in that case this would be an even bigger pick up. Warmack Is great don't get me wrong but there are some other solid guards we could get as well. What do you think of Abbrederis?

Have you watched Lotulelei? This guy is beast. Your not gonna find a NT that is capable of what hes capable of very often. Watch his video and look at his first steps and how alot of the time hes off the ball before the offensive line has even moved. Thats huge for a defensive linemen. It allows him to get his arms extended and controll his man or the double team before the offensive line men can get in close on him. Plus hes strong and fast for his size, Like I said they say he can handle tripple teams and aslo hes even dropped back into coverage before. I aslo said this becuase who knows if Chapman will stay healthy now and Johnson is getting older. I aslo dont really trust that Brandon Mckinney is gonna stay healthy when he comes back. So in that case this would be an even bigger pick up. Warmack Is great don't get me wrong but there are some other solid guards we could get as well. What do you think of Abbrederis?

I just think that the most important thing for us is to protect Lucks and solidify our run game. Warmack can do that. Have you seen Warmack? He destroys his opponent almost every play!! We need a guy like that!! I think that once Chapman comes back, we'll be fine. None of the other guards, besides Cooper, are even close to Warmacks level. I know that Lotuleilei is an awesome NT, but I just think that with OG as our biggest need and a prospect like Warmack available, we need to draft Warmack.

My take is this...

If we're picking top 10 with a record say in the 6-10 range, we need to trade down with a team targeting a QB. There are plenty of 1st round QBs that should be coming out in Barkley, Logan Thomas, Tyler Bray, and Tyler Wilson. We should trade down and get their 1st, 2nd, and 2014 1st at the least. Then with our 1st pick acquired in the trade, take best player available between OL, NT, and SS. (Options include NT Star Lotulelei, RT DJ Fluker, SS Eric Reid, OT Chris Faulk)

My take is this...

If we're picking top 10 with a record say in the 6-10 range, we need to trade down with a team targeting a QB. There are plenty of 1st round QBs that should be coming out in Barkley, Logan Thomas, Tyler Bray, and Tyler Wilson. We should trade down and get their 1st, 2nd, and 2014 1st at the least. Then with our 1st pick acquired in the trade, take best player available between OL, NT, and SS. (Options include NT Star Lotulelei, RT DJ Fluker, SS Eric Reid, OT Chris Faulk)

You don't think we should take Warmack??

I agree that Warmack is very good and Ill say it like this if Chapman does come back healthy and plays well along with Johnson and the other guys then Id stick with just Warmack. But If we have trouble with keeping our NTs healthy and Lotulelei is there I think Id take him becuase of how good he is and hes not been injured yet. That NT is very Important in our Defense as Im sure you know. This guy would be some sort of talent to pass up. Ive seen Warmack yes and he is awsome. But ther are other guards that are pretty solid like Cooper as you said Alvin Bailey, Worford and even travis Fredrick. They may not be like Wrmack but they are solid and would be upgrades for sure.

I agree that Warmack is very good and Ill say it like this if Chapman does come back healthy and plays well along with Johnson and the other guys then Id stick with just Warmack. But If we have trouble with keeping our NTs healthy and Lotulelei is there I think Id take him becuase of how good he is and hes not been injured yet. That NT is very Important in our Defense as Im sure you know. This guy would be some sort of talent to pass up. Ive seen Warmack yes and he is awsome. But ther are other guards that are pretty solid like Cooper as you said Alvin Bailey, Worford and even travis Fredrick. They may not be like Wrmack but they are solid and would be upgrades for sure.

Cooper won't be available in the second. I say he's on Decastro's level.

My draft scenario

Colts go 5-11 get the 6th pick in the draft, Trade down to pick 22 and pick up a 2nd and a 5th in the process

1.Barrett Jones G/C/T

2.D.J. Fluker/Chris Faulk OT

3.Devin Taylor

4.Kwame Geathers

5.Joe Vellano

6.Devonte Holloman

7.Conner Vernon

Cooper won't be available in the second. I say he's on Decastro's level.

Yeah your right. But I dont even have us as having a second round pick. Only way I see us trading for one is if we pull top 10 pick and somone offers areal good deal like 2013 first and second and 2104 first with maybe another first or second rounder in there. But it may Happen especially since we have a mangement staff that will make moves now. Whats your thought on my third round pick? I think hes a guy that could go under the radar and be a steal for us.

Also, maybe after we trade down to 10 and Star Lotuleilei or Jonathan Hankins are available, we pick them and than we trade one of the seconds, a third, and a fourth round pick to move back into the first round, around picks 12 and 13, and draft Warmack. Than we would draft Reid in the second. That would be an awesome draft to me.

Also, maybe after we trade down to 10 and Star Lotuleilei or Jonathan Hankins are available, we pick them and than we trade one of the seconds, a third, and a fourth round pick to move back into the first round, around picks 12 and 13, and draft Warmack. Than we would draft Reid in the second. That would be an awesome draft to me.

That would be great but its alot of ifs and would take alot to pull off. I think we could address our offensive line or other needs via free agency too. But getting a guy like Warmack or Lotulelei in the draft would be awsome and I stilll think if we have the opportunity to get either we should. One chage Id make to my draft that I posted is on my third rounder Id go saftey and move my Jared Abbrederis pick to the fourth if hes there which I think he may be. Ive looked at it and I realized that another quality saftey will probably be a bigger need than a wide reciver next off season. We may not even take a WR with how many we have right now, Grigson and staff may be happy with what we have. But I sure wouldnt mind an Abbrederis in the fourth round.