Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When Is Enough Too Much?

unitaswestand

I know there was a problem with the rookie contracts escalating each year, and that seems to have been addressed. But with what was going on with Peyton's contract, at what point do veterans ever hit a wall where the salaries stop going up? I don't see the salary cap going up by leaps and bounds. Yet, when a guy like Larry Fitzgerald gets more then most QBs get, I wonder at what point does a play eat so much of the team's salary that they simply cannot go up anymore? As you know, players are always pushing the limits to set the stage for the players that get contracts after them. But it seems contracts are growing faster then the salary cap is.

Curious what you all think?

It all depends on the cap. If the league has a hard cap, contracts will hit a limit and a very talented player may demand so much that no team signs him. If the league turns into the MLB's cap situation, you will see the contracts sky-rocket. Personally, I think these guys get paid way more than they deserve. Does anyone really need that much money? I love the NFL and all, but it is full of greed

I know there was a problem with the rookie contracts escalating each year, and that seems to have been addressed. But with what was going on with Peyton's contract, at what point do veterans ever hit a wall where the salaries stop going up? I don't see the salary cap going up by leaps and bounds. Yet, when a guy like Larry Fitzgerald gets more then most QBs get, I wonder at what point does a play eat so much of the team's salary that they simply cannot go up anymore? As you know, players are always pushing the limits to set the stage for the players that get contracts after them. But it seems contracts are growing faster then the salary cap is.

Curious what you all think?

hes not gonna get 120 million. and if his production falls off hes gonna get cut. thats the nfl.

The more the pay goes up the more tickets go up. I don't know about you, but I feel like it cost way to much for tickets. Avg. NBA salery is higher than NFL yet tickets are way cheaper.

That's because the NBA is dying a slow death. Its went down hill since the late 90's. If they raise ticket prices the attendance would be even worse. The NFL can charge high prices when its the most popular professional sport and every game of the high profile teams always sellout.