Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Team Captains?

Greenoughrunner

Angerer should be a captain if/when he returns. I could see Redding being a captain and he comes across as a good leader. Vinny is a no brainer, in my opinion. And on offense, I think it'll be Wayne and Luck. I wouldn't be surprised to see Luck as a captain in his rookie year. And a darkhorse candidate for offensive captain in my book would be Brown.

1.Im not giving it to a kicker even if he is one of the best of all time (Vinatieri)

2.Im not giving it to a guy who has been great for us in the past but doesnt know the current system (Freeney)

3.Mathis (Great player but see #2)

4.Bethea is new to the system (Zb isn't but he has been a backup so that was my logic there) so Bethea gets the C

1.Im not giving it to a kicker even if he is one of the best of all time (Vinatieri)

2.Im not giving it to a guy who has been great for us in the past but doesnt know the current system (Freeney)

3.Mathis (Great player but see #2)

4.Bethea is new to the system (Zb isn't but he has been a backup so that was my logic there) so Bethea gets the C

haha I didn't realize you were the one appointing captains.

It was a question based on our own opinions so I gave mine, Clearly we dont know who will be our team captains or if we will even have 1 this year

Well since the team captains are in the flip of the coin I'm sure there will be team captains the same as always.

Isn't it one from Offense, Defense and Special Teams ? That is what I thought but I could be wrong I have been once. haha JT

i think the limit is three

A team can have up to 6 captains, according to the rulebook.

A number of teams have two captains on any given side. I believe the Colts used to have one permanent ST captain (usually the kicker) and they'd select another 2nd captain on a weekly basis.

A number of teams have two captains on any given side. I believe the Colts used to have one permanent ST captain (usually the kicker) and they'd select another 2nd captain on a weekly basis.

six? doesnt that kinda make the whole captain thing useless then because then your basically saying anyone can be captain. who has six players worth being captain on a single team

If they choose weekly then they have to sew the C on their shirts weekly. I want that job because it probably pays better then min wage. :lol:

If they choose weekly then they have to sew the C on their shirts weekly. I want that job because it probably pays better then min wage. :lol:

I was watching, well more like listening while getting some thing done to the Penn State game yesterday and they put names on their jersey for the first time ever, and I'm not quite sure why, but they job of doing such fell to the equipment manager's wife. At least that is what I think I heard. Maybe they already had their order from Nike and had to make due, but you would think they could have had that done professionally.