Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Football Life

trsean

Loved this show last year, but a grassroots movement needs to start letting the NFL Network that fans of the league do not endorse or support an episode about Tim Tebow. Even people who love the kid HAVE to realize that the very notion of someone who has accomplished so little in this league is deserving of this is ridiculous.

Who is with me?

I agree with Nobody. Tebow has an incredible story, and all people see is the negative side of things, none of which is his fault. Oh well. That's the world, I guess.

Fantastic. When does the Football Life for Mark Herzlich, Giants linebacker who overcame cancer, air?

Fantastic. When does the Football Life for Mark Herzlich, Giants linebacker who overcame cancer, air?

When he steps into a starting role for the first time, rallies a fading team, and leads them to a playoff win, despite all the odds. Not to mention being criticized for everything from his own beliefs to the way he plays, even if he is successful at it. You should contact the league and ask them when the Herzlich Football Life is coming out, I wouldn't know about it.

So im supposed to be stoked for a guy that has the same winning percentage as Tavaris Jackson? I think not.

A guy who everybody thought would be an H-back or TE, and who was a starter for the first time in his NFL career, in year 2 at that. Tarvaris has been in the NFL for seven years, not a very fair comparison.

A guy who everybody thought would be an H-back or TE, and who was a starter for the first time in his NFL career.

He was just lucky enough to play a vanilla schedule at the same time their defense vamps back up and then all of a sudden people are acting like the kid is the second coming of Joe Montanna.

He was just lucky enough to play a vanilla schedule at the same time their defense vamps back up and then all of a sudden people are acting like the kid is the second coming of Joe Montanna.

He's been popular since high school, nothing wrong with that. Underdog winning=pure media frenzy. I wouldn't exactly call the Lions, Bears, Chiefs, Patriots, Jets, or Chargers vanilla teams.

He's been popular since high school, nothing wrong with that. Underdog winning=pure media frenzy. I wouldn't exactly call the Lions, Bears, Chiefs, Patriots, Jets, or Chargers vanilla teams.

Your point is kind of moot considering he lost to the bolded teams.

Your point is kind of moot considering he lost to the bolded teams.

No, I was merely pointing out that you were wrong in suggesting that he played against bad teams. In any case, he made it to the playoffs and upset a defensive and AFC powerhouse, so it is what it is. For the record, he beat the Chiefs and Chargers both once.

No, I was merely pointing out that you were wrong in suggesting that he played against bad teams. In any case, he made it to the playoffs and upset a defensive and AFC powerhouse, so it is what it is. For the record, he beat the Chiefs and Chargers both once.

Chargers 8-8 Dolphins 6-10 Lions 10-6 Oakland 8-8 Chiefs 7-9 Jets 8-8 Chargers 8-8 Vikings 6-10 Bears 8-8 Patriots 13-3 Chiefs 7-9

Me and you must have vastly different definitions of "vanilla."

As a matter of fact the only team with a winning record the Broncos Tebows beat were the Steelers.

Chargers 8-8 Dolphins 6-10 Lions 10-6 Oakland 8-8 Chiefs 7-9 Jets 8-8 Chargers 8-8 Vikings 6-10 Bears 8-8 Patriots 13-3 Chiefs 7-9

Me and you must have vastly different definitions of "vanilla."

As a matter of fact the only team with a winning record the Broncos Tebows beat were the Steelers.

So the Bears, Chiefs, Lions, Jets, and Chargers are horrible teams to you? Okay, that makes sense. A lot of those teams' final records do their real play no justice. Still...playoff win versus no playoff win, I'll choose the former.

So the Bears, Chiefs, Lions, Jets, and Chargers are horrible teams to you? Okay, that makes sense. A lot of those teams' final records do their real play no justice. Still...playoff win versus no playoff win, I'll choose the former.

When did I say horrible? I said vanilla. And yeah that's exactly what those teams are. Mediocre.

When did I say horrible? I said vanilla. And yeah that's exactly what those teams are. Mediocre.

Before Cutler went down, the Bears were 7-3 and still managed to get to 8-8 without him. Lions went to the playoffs last year, and the Chiefs are favorites in the AFC West this year, unless the playoff-hungry and experienced Chargers have something to say about it. Yes, those teams are definitely mediocre. I guess we should just put teams like the Rams and Browns out of the league completely, as they can't hold a candle to these teams.

Before Cutler went down, the Bears were 7-3 and still managed to get to 8-8 without him

So 1-5? Impressive.

Lions went to the playoffs last year, and the Chiefs are favorites in the AFC West this year, unless the playoff-hungry and experienced Chargers have something to say about it. Yes, those teams are definitely mediocre.

You know who else is playoff hungry? Every team in the league. I guess we should just lump the Browns and Rams in the group with the Chargers then if were basing how good they are off of their "hunger." Plus, the Bolts haven't been to the playoffs for 3 years and are annually the most overrated team of the year, every year.

I guess we should just put teams like the Rams and Browns out of the league completely, as they can't hold a candle to these teams.

I don't think you know what mediocre means. The Rams and Browns are BAD. The Chiefs and Chargers are MEDIOCRE.

I mean are you trying to argue that a 7-9 and 8-8 team are anything better than average? Because if they were, they wouldn't be 7-9/8-8.

So 1-5? Impressive.

You know who else is playoff hungry? Every team in the league. I guess we should just lump the Browns and Rams in the group with the Chargers then if were basing how good they are off of their "hunger." Plus, the Bolts haven't been to the playoffs for 3 years and are annually the most overrated team of the year, every year.

I don't think you know what mediocre means. The Rams and Browns are BAD. The Chiefs and Chargers are MEDIOCRE.

I mean are you trying to argue that a 7-9 and 8-8 team are anything better than average? Because if they were, they wouldn't be 7-9/8-8.

If you saw the way the Bears played, and considering the fact that 8-8 is, you know, .500, I'd say that's pretty good. The Chargers are playoff hungry due to the fact that, despite being there annually, they haven't been performing up to their own realistic expectations, which is playoffs every year. I thought that didn't need to be explained. Chiefs have Charles, Berry, Bowe, Boss, Winston, and Breaston among others. Yeah, they are definitely mediocre.

If you saw the way the Bears played, and considering the fact that 8-8 is, you know, .500, I'd say that's pretty good. The Chargers are playoff hungry due to the fact that, despite being there annually, they haven't been performing up to their own realistic expectations, which is playoffs every year. I thought that didn't need to be explained. Chiefs have Charles, Berry, Bowe, Boss, Winston, and Breaston among others. Yeah, they are definitely mediocre.

I don't feel like going through this point for point and repeating myself again.

8-8 7-9 6-10. This is mediocre. I don't care if you have Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Barry Sanders on your team. If you finish .500 or below you are a mediocre team.

I don't feel like going through this point for point and repeating myself again.

8-8 7-9 6-10. This is mediocre. I don't care if you have Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Barry Sanders on your team. If you finish .500 or below you are a mediocre team.

When key players are injured, teams end up with worse records than what they should have. No, this is not a one man sport like basketball, but you need key players in order to win. Mediocre teams don't go to the playoffs, which is something Chiefs, Bears, and Chargers are each likely to do this year.

I didn't say the Bronco's were mediocre. I said Tebow was.

Look, we can go in circles if you want, but the fact of the matter is, with Orton in, the Broncos were 1-4. With Tebow in, they were 8-5. Attribute that to a miraculous change in the defense, NFL, or the world in general if you want, but the fact of the matter is, Tebow won games. That's it.

Look, we can go in circles if you want, but the fact of the matter is, with Orton in, the Broncos were 1-4. With Tebow in, they were 8-5. Attribute that to a miraculous change in the defense, NFL, or the world in general if you want, but the fact of the matter is, Tebow won games. That's it.

No, the Broncos won games.

No, the Broncos won games.

And the Manning brothers, Brees, Rodgers, and Montana are the only quarterbacks who can be called great or be admired for winning. But no...their teams won those Super Bowls, right? So why do they get all the admiration and love? They won as starters, Tebow won as a starter. The quarterback position is the most important in sports. If your team fails, you get the blame. When your team succeeds, you get the credit. That's just the way it is.

And the Manning brothers, Brees, Rodgers, and Montana are the only quarterbacks who can be called great or be admired for winning. But no...their teams won those Super Bowls, right? So why do they get all the admiration and love? They won as starters, Tebow won as a starter. The quarterback position is the most important in sports. If your team fails, you get the blame. When your team succeeds, you get the credit. That's just the way it is.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't ever talk about wins when comparing quarterbacks so I'm pretty consistent when I say teams win games.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't ever talk about wins when comparing quarterbacks so I'm pretty consistent when I say teams win games.

Okay, good. But the general public, kids, analysts looks at QBs and expect them to win for their team. Teams win games, but quarterbacks lead teams. It goes both ways, honestly.

Okay, good. But the general public, kids, analysts looks at QBs and expect them to win for their team. Teams win games, but quarterbacks lead teams. It goes both ways, honestly.

Well, then I think we found something we agree on. Here is a like good, sir.

When he steps into a starting role for the first time, rallies a fading team, and leads them to a playoff win, despite all the odds. Not to mention being criticized for everything from his own beliefs to the way he plays, even if he is successful at it. You should contact the league and ask them when the Herzlich Football Life is coming out, I wouldn't know about it.

Oh,...so wait. It IS about what he's accomplished on the field? Team pressured into giving him a starting job and won one playoff game? Yeah, now it makes sense. Major accomplishments.

And wait, he's been criticized for his own beliefs? What a regular Job. A large portion of the following this guy has is a result of said beliefs. As for being successful based on his style of play - If being traded away by your team that won a playoff game to being regulated to a back up for Mark freaking Sanchez is considered success, I guess you have a point.

The only thing as annoying as the medias portrayal of Tebow is those who have to dislike him for it.

Who has said anything about disliking Tebow? I don't even know him.

I've said it's ridiculous to have someone who has accomplished so little be included in a series that has celebrated those that have done so much.

If you saw the way the Bears played, and considering the fact that 8-8 is, you know, .500, I'd say that's pretty good.

Oh, you mean that awful way they played after Cutler had won them SEVEN of those eight games? You mean that terrible way they played when, you know, Tebow played them?

Chiefs have Charles, Berry, Bowe, Boss, Winston, and Breaston among others. Yeah, they are definitely mediocre.

Oh, you mean those players that several on that list were either or not on the team or on IR when Tebow both beat and LOST to them in a most excruciating fashion that other teams, except for the Steelers and their hubris, decided to follow and then beat Tebow?