Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anybody Disappointed....

Carlos Danger

Do you honestly think someone claimed off of waivers and who has not participated in the team's training camp or preseason can come in and beat out Justice or McGlynn? Let's be realistic. When you're talking in terms of offensive linemen who are cast-offs, the line is greater than the sum of it's parts. We should definitely mess with the chemistry of the right side of the line a week before the beginning of the season, in hopes that someone claimed off of waivers might be a minor upgrade in terms of untapped talent. There's a reason why people like Linkenbach are still on the team. It's a team sport.

Personally, I'd have cut Linkenbach five months ago, if not two years ago. Then chemistry wouldn't be an issue with his roster spot.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The O line isnt just greater of the sum of its parts if 1 or more of those parts (the right side of the OL) cant block to save there own lives, your talking about the benched Linkenbach who has got his butt handed to him time and time again because he couldnt beat his man right? for example if Jake Scott is or was healthy if we brought him in I have no doubt in my mind thats an upgrade at OL and if he was healthy he would be starting, why? cause he actually is a good O Lineman that can BUILD chemistry with the team (just using him for an example nothing more) but if you want, take the chemistry over the talent in the O Lines case and we will see how far the chemistry gets us this season. Chemistry is no doubt important of course, Im not debating that, that would be silly. But have to have talent with that chemistry or else you get what we have now on the right side of that O Line, chemistry with little talent, as for cast offs, Mcglynn would fit that category as well as Justice, why? because one

is made of glass and the other is as slow as an ox, just my opinions of course

I understand what you're saying, and I do agree with some of it. However, it's too early to cast off members of the line, considering the line is usually one of the last parts of a team to fully develop. We have no clue if the right side will hold up, the season hasn't even started. If we're writing off players already, then Coby Fleener would be in the same boat as members of the offensive line. I'm sure if there were better options available the front office would have noticed it.

Personally, I'd have cut Linkenbach five months ago, if not two years ago. Then chemistry wouldn't be an issue with his roster spot.

I forgot, a player that has lasted on the team this long must be god-awful. There's obviously something there, even if it's not readily apparent for the fans to notice. If the front office hasn't given up on him, I'm not about to. They know more than us, I mean, it's only their job.

No disrespect, but everyone just needs to quit being so shaky about roster moves. It's being handled by professionals.

I understand what you're saying, and I do agree with some of it. However, it's too early to cast off members of the line, considering the line is usually one of the last parts of a team to fully develop. We have no clue if the right side will hold up, the season hasn't even started. If we're writing off players already, then Coby Fleener would be in the same boat as members of the offensive line. I'm sure if there were better options available the front office would have noticed it.

While I agree with most of what you said here, Fleener is just a rookie, Mcglynn and Justice are far removed from being a rookie now

While I agree with most of what you said here, Fleener is just a rookie, Mcglynn and Justice are far removed from being a rookie now

True that. I think we can all agree that McGlynn and Justice will be on a shorter leash. But we've just got to see which pieces can stay in place, almost everyone on the offense is a rookie in Arians' system.

I do love that line "its only there jobs" lol, not pokin at anyone I just am not sold on those words because many people are not great and some are not that good at there jobs

Yeah, that's true. They've certainly been doing well so far, though. I'd be hard pressed to find a clear-cut mistake.

True that. I think we can all agree that McGlynn and Justice will be on a shorter leash. But we've just got to see which pieces can stay in place, almost everyone on the offense is a rookie in Arians' system.

agreed, I apologize if I came on a little strong. Im passionate about the game and my Colts

agreed, I apologize if I came on a little strong. Im passionate about the game and my Colts

No apologies needed, I know I can come on much stronger than that haha. I personally try to suppress my emotions if I'm talking in a vein similar to what's above. Emotions tend to cloud judgement more than anything.

No apologies needed, I know I can come on much stronger than that haha. I personally try to suppress my emotions if I'm talking in a vein similar to what's above. Emotions tend to cloud judgement more than anything.

Agreed, Eh it will be "fun" to come back and read some day for a laugh maybe

I forgot, a player that has lasted on the team this long must be god-awful. There's obviously something there, even if it's not readily apparent for the fans to notice. If the front office hasn't given up on him, I'm not about to. They know more than us, I mean, it's only their job.

No disrespect, but everyone just needs to quit being so shaky about roster moves. It's being handled by professionals.

Your refrain is well-worn, and I agree with it. I'm just saying the argument about chemistry might not apply in his case. I also think there would be a lot less to talk about around here if we never second guessed the professionals.

Your refrain is well-worn, and I agree with it. I'm just saying the argument about chemistry might not apply in his case. I also think there would be a lot less to talk about around here if we never second guessed the professionals.

You don't have to think that, I would hope we all realize that :P. Second guessing is warranted, I just don't like unwarranted doubt. There's no reason at all to be upset that we didn't viciously attack the waiver wire.

Wondering if any of my fellow Colts fans are disappointed that we didn't make more waiver wire moves. There were a lot of names out there that seemed like upgrades, but we didn't go after them. Do we trust that Grigson knows what he is doing by not picking up some of these players? Should we expect that there will be more moves to come as we look at the veterans that were cut today? Is this nothing to worry about because we are essentially talking about castoffs? Would like to hear your thoughts on these issues.

Kind of a little disappointed but you have to look at it this way, most ppl are predicting we win about 5 games some say 4 (like the dude on B/R), so anyway if we were to pick up more waiver-wire players, is it really going to help us win 6 games? or 7? In all likelihood it is absolutley not. We build through next year's draft and off-season acquisitions and we build it based on where are deficiencies were located , i.e. run defense and run blocking (two of the MAJOR issues right now). That's what sounds like the best plan IMO.

I think that there is tension about this issue, as there are with other issues, because of the way an opinion is delivered. Yes.... all here have a right to their opinion. But the internet is a poor place to judge emotion, attitude, and such. If that weren't the case, there would be no such thing as emoticons. I find my own feathers ruffled at times, and when I really think about it, it comes down to a very simple phrase:

"In my opinion"

Although this may get laughed at, it is true. Look at the difference..

"In my opinion, Jim Irsay tweets too much"

"Jim Irsay tweets to much"

One sounds like an opinion, one sounds like a fact. No, there are no rules that require such a usage, I am merely trying to lessen the tension between posters with strong opinions.

Sorry, I forgot to answer the thread question............"No".

Kind of a little disappointed but you have to look at it this way, most ppl are predicting we win about 5 games some say 4 (like the dude on B/R), so anyway if we were to pick up more waiver-wire players, is it really going to help us win 6 games? or 7? In all likelihood it is absolutley not. We build through next year's draft and off-season acquisitions and we build it based on where are deficiencies were located , i.e. run defense and run blocking (two of the MAJOR issues right now). That's what sounds like the best plan IMO.

there will not be much building in the draft, they gave up 3 or 4 picks already in trades although i believe one of them was a trade swap with the eagles. but who knows, may end up getting a top 5 pick and could easily flip it for a mid 1st round and a second round pick. i can see arizona looking for a high draft pick to land a QB

no if im not mistaken he was outright released and could look for a job somewhere else. atleast that is what was said on the NFL network, could be wrong

Not sure what you mean. I was saying he can't be a waiver claim because of his tenure. He is a FA and is free to sign with anyone. On the salary....if a 1st round pick from this year is cut and someone claims him, the team that claims him is on the hook for his salary from his original contract.

LOL, am I missing something?

I like your response better than this * (ahf321). No friend. As are the other fan made posts on this blog, at the post moderator's request, this is OBVIOUSLY a "fans perspective" on who i thought should've been in a colts uniform. Rex Ryan, according to his twitter post, made it clear that he (indirectly) didn't approve of the Jets org. drafting Stephen Hill in the second round. Those types of comments, and him going public with his feelings about Hill, created dissention in the camp, it had to,... which caused me to "wish upon a star". Yes we are loaded with WR's, but do we have anything special, explosive at the position? Avery & Collie are injury prone, Wayne is gonna see more double teams this year than he's ever seen before. So what's left? Brazill, Hilton? No, i'm not a believer in what we have. Some of these virtual GM's on this blog have already forgotten the days of Bill Polian, when the colts were collecting lifetime 3rd & 4th string players. P.Manning was the manufacturing plant, or farming tool used to cultivate WR's, which turned Wayne, Garcon, & Collie into star pass catchers. Unless there's a way to get around it, Hill's locked up for a few years, so ill have to accept it. If it were possible, to get around the clauses in the rookie contract, i believe that Hill would benefit from having a family who would appreciate his talents, and QB who can get him the ball deep. Remember, Calvin Johnson is a Georgia Tech product, where they ran 65% of the time. So i think he'll blossom with Luck behind center, and Bruce Arians guidance...

Did you even read the article?

Im sorry, young lady, you are? As a fan, i simply wanted to see if Grigson would make a run at signing Stephen Hill, since Rex Ryan doesn't seem to want him, but accepts him as a coworker. Rookie contract clauses may not allow it, so im only stating what i want to see....as a fan.......like the post moderator ask for.

I like your response better than this * (ahf321). No friend. As are the other fan made posts on this blog, at the post moderator's request, this is OBVIOUSLY a "fans perspective" on who i thought should've been in a colts uniform. Rex Ryan, according to his twitter post, made it clear that he (indirectly) didn't approve of the Jets org. drafting Stephen Hill in the second round. Those types of comments, and him going public with his feelings about Hill, created dissention in the camp, it had to,... which caused me to "wish upon a star". Yes we are loaded with WR's, but do we have anything special, explosive at the position? Avery & Collie are injury prone, Wayne is gonna see more double teams this year than he's ever seen before. So what's left? Brazill, Hilton? No, i'm not a believer in what we have. Some of these virtual GM's on this blog have already forgotten the days of Bill Polian, when the colts were collecting lifetime 3rd & 4th string players. P.Manning was the manufacturing plant, or farming tool used to cultivate WR's, which turned Wayne, Garcon, & Collie into star pass catchers. Unless there's a way to get around it, Hill's locked up for a few years, so ill have to accept it. If it were possible, to get around the clauses in the rookie contract, i believe that Hill would benefit from having a family who would appreciate his talents, and QB who can get him the ball deep. Remember, Calvin Johnson is a Georgia Tech product, where they ran 65% of the time. So i think he'll blossom with Luck behind center, and Bruce Arians guidance...

My response was related to the OP's question which referred to disappointment about not being more active in the waiver wire. I asked if I was missing something, because, to my knowledge Stephen Hill had not been cut. I didn't understand you were simply stating that you would like to have him. I thought you were saying your were disappointed that we hadn't claimed him. Since he hadn't been cut to my knowledge, I thought there was some confusion on your end.

My response was related to the OP's question which referred to disappointment about not being more active in the waiver wire. I asked if I was missing something, because, to my knowledge Stephen Hill had not been cut. I didn't understand you were simply stating that you would like to have him. I thought you were saying your were disappointed that we hadn't claimed him. Since he hadn't been cut to my knowledge, I thought there was some confusion on your end.

"Making more moves"....is where i purposely took a detour from the waiver wire, to throwing coins in a fountain, wishing for Grigson to make a move, and work a deal that would let Hill come to INDY. As it is, with the clauses in the rookie contract, it will only be....a wish.

I like your response better than this * (ahf321).

Im sorry, young lady, you are? As a fan, i simply wanted to see if Grigson would make a run at signing Stephen Hill, since Rex Ryan doesn't seem to want him, but accepts him as a coworker. Rookie contract clauses may not allow it, so im only stating what i want to see....as a fan.......like the post moderator ask for.

Take it easy on the personal jabs, princess. No need to get your panties in a bunch. I was just simply pointing out to you that nowhere in that article did it state that the Jets were even interested in trading Hill. Just because Rex said he wasn't his choice doesn't mean one should automatically equate that to said player being available. I don't really know what you mean by "Grigson should make a run at signing him.." when HIll is not even a FA. The only way he could be acquired is through a trade.

And this means what, exactly? Once again, I think you're jumping to conclusions. Nothing in that article says that we're interested in acquiring another receiver.