Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anybody Disappointed....

Carlos Danger

Posted · Hidden by Warhorse, September 2, 2012 - Personal shot
Hidden by Warhorse, September 2, 2012 - Personal shot

I wish there was a dislike button. You implied you know better by your posted words. Your last sentence is just nonsense, so no comment.

Btw, putting in the Capt. Picard facepalm doesn't automatically make your post better.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Yes it does. I am not dealing with you. Your stupidity amazes me.
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex Ryan is quoted as saying: "He can run all these routes, he had good hands and he's got 4.2 speed at 6-foot-5. He was the guy they all wanted, but honestly, when it came down to it, a wideout? Not my dream pick. But now that we have him, of course, I want to claim him: 'Oh, that was my pick.' But it really wasn't." http://www.nfl.com/n...r-new-york-jets

Grigson, it's show time, another weapon for Andrew Luck. What are you gonna do?

LOL, am I missing something?

Even if Luck was the greatest QB in every persons in the worlds minds he cannot win from his backside .Plz ole powerful 1 let Link decide to retire before Luck is hurt.P.S.Mr. McGlynn nothing against you but can you retire also?

Obviously O-linemen don't grow on trees. If Link was THAT bad, don't you think that either the Polian or Grigson regime would have disposed of him by now? (put down your pbr and think about it) I'm not in love with him by any means, but after reading the Bears MB, I think we'll do OK. Give it time Grasshopper......

who exactly is an upgrade?

Well Sergio Brown was always a pretty good player for NE.

I have read up a lot about this new nose tackle, and he has experience in the 3-4 and some people say he was good enough to be a starter.

And I don't know much about this new OL we picked up, but I think a box of crackers is an upgrade over Link, Justice, or McGlynn.

honestly i think Hightower could have been given a chance. surely he would have to be an upgrade over Moore and Carter right? and he didnt show any signs of his knees bothering him.

Hightower is vested isn't he (can't be claimed). Regardless, keep in mind that if you claim a player you claim his salary too.

Why are people talking Hightower? Did I miss the memo?

This is exactly my thought too. People have heard of him before so therefore they want us to claim him. We have 4 pretty good RB's on the roster and like I have said a 1000 times before, RB's are a dime a dozen and the most over-rated position in all of football. There are literally 100+ RB's a yr. sitting at home on their couch that could come in and do a decent job of running the ball if they had a decent O-line in front of them.

This is exactly my thought too. People have heard of him before so therefore they want us to claim him.

I guess we gotta get used to it. In all fairness, most people don't follow football like we do. I listen to NFL SiriusXM, NFL Network, ESPN (sometimes) have watched every preseason game. Call me if you need fantasy help. But seriously, chill out people, there's no magical player at this point.

honestly i think Hightower could have been given a chance. surely he would have to be an upgrade over Moore and Carter right? and he didnt show any signs of his knees bothering him.

We're too thick at RB. We've got Brown, Carter, and Moore, and I'm just moments away from pegging Ballard as the next big thing.

The kid has SUPERIOR vision. I can't remember the last RB I've seen who sees a play develop in front of him the way he does. Every single time I've seen him carry I am more and more impressed. Like I said, he sees the play develop, he makes his cut, and he hit's the gas. He's as smooth as silk, and when he starts up-field he wastes no time or motion...

I seriously think if he gets solid playing time (and I see no reason he shouldn't, Moore's presence withstanding) and Donald Brown still fails to impress, Ballard may challenge for the job before this season is up.

I'm not disappointed. We had some specific needs and I think Grigson picked up some players with good upside. The pattern I have seen from Grigson so far is to get younger, low to mid range cost players who are team orientated. I am not concerned him turning into Daniel Snyder next year and trying to buy a Super Bowl.

That said, I did hope one or two good offensive lineman would have been available I do believe Olsen is not a starting NFL guard and Justice is below average. I actually thought Tepper was better than either. But I don't see practices, so I don't know.

But overall, I like the roster. I like what Grigs has done. Like Paganos fire. I think the Colts will challenge for a wild card spot this year.

For those that are disappointed it may help to know that 2 of the 3 players claimed by the Colts, namely Brown and Person were also claimed by Giants and Seahawks, respectively.

PFT has an interesting article saying that surprisingly only 29 players that were cut found new teams, of which only 6 were claimed by 2 teams. Here is the link http://profootballta...waivers-claims/

...and, from the comments to that article, apparently Patriots also wanted Person, not sure. With other words it seems like people in NFL know something about Person that we fans don't know.

I'm disappointed in how some people on the board feel as if certain members of the team should be cut or just aren't good fits for the team. There are a number of factors to think about when you want to bring a FA in or someone on the wavier wire. Some times you can luck into nabbing someone who was in a numbers game on a certain team that has proven dept at the position. But that's hardly the case. It's not easy to come in and just learn the playbook or fall into a scheme you know enough about to hit the ground running. It can take weeks maybe even months for it to stick. It looks like the GM like many others value versatility...can the player play multiple positions can they contribute on special teams. Is the player progressing does the locker room embrace him?

After the madness that was the off-season i think this team looks pretty good from top to bottom considering what took place here. Players are buying into the system everyone seems to embrace the change. On paper we look like a better team than we looked last season. I'm stoked about this team they are young and can grow into being a really good team with some time and the front office continuing to keep its mind on building this team into a contender.

For those that are disappointed it may help to know that 2 of the 3 players claimed by the Colts, namely Brown and Person were also claimed by Giants and Seahawks, respectively.

PFT has an interesting article saying that surprisingly only 29 players that were cut found new teams, of which only 6 were claimed by 2 teams. Here is the link http://profootballta...waivers-claims/

...and, from the comments to that article, apparently Patriots also wanted Person, not sure. With other words it seems like people in NFL know something about Person that we fans don't know.

Good point. Also, from a chemistry standpoint, any Olineman we picked up from waivers would have to be a substantial upgrade over his replacement to avoid continuity issues. It truly does take time to get an Oline on the same page.

I'm disappointed in how some people on the board feel as if certain members of the team should be cut or just aren't good fits for the team. There are a number of factors to think about when you want to bring a FA in or someone on the wavier wire. Some times you can luck into nabbing someone who was in a numbers game on a certain team that has proven dept at the position. But that's hardly the case. It's not easy to come in and just learn the playbook or fall into a scheme you know enough about to hit the ground running. It can take weeks maybe even months for it to stick. It looks like the GM like many others value versatility...can the player play multiple positions can they contribute on special teams. Is the player progressing does the locker room embrace him?

After the madness that was the off-season i think this team looks pretty good from top to bottom considering what took place here. Players are buying into the system everyone seems to embrace the change. On paper we look like a better team than we looked last season. I'm stoked about this team they are young and can grow into being a really good team with some time and the front office continuing to keep its mind on building this team into a contender.

Good post, I was also going to post, that my disappointment lies with some of the fans of this team. I think Grigson has done a great job bringing in players that IMO will be competitive. It's comical to me that some fans want us to bring in this guy or that guy without even thinking of the big picture of whether they even remotely fit the system or what player will have to be let go. A good portion of the players suggested just don't make sense when you think more than just a name that you've heard of before. I was not expecting much in the way of wins and losses this yr., I was looking for Grigson to build a team that can built around and improve upon for the future and so far I think he has exceeded my expectations.

Yeah. I'm sooo disappointed that we didn't bring in many cast-offs that have absolutely no chemistry with the current roster. I would have loved to see some of our backups get replaced by people that didn't even go through training camp and preseason with the team.

Yeah. I'm sooo disappointed that we didn't bring in many cast-offs that have absolutely no chemistry with the current roster. I would have loved to see some of our backups get replaced by people that didn't even go through training camp and preseason with the team.

Logic has no place here. ;)

you mean such guys as Kashif Moore, Sergio Brown and Mike Person who have no chemistry with the team? chemistry is built over time no matter the level of talent you bring in, bring in less talent I dont care if they have chemistry or not if they dont have the skills then they are useless Mcglynn and Justice both have some chemistry as well as experience for example and that certainly didnt help them in Philly and isn't now (and wont), you think our Corners and Safeties have alot of chemistry? there play on the field certainly hasn't shown it yet and why is that? cause they couldn't beat there man. Theres a reason Vontae is here and will no doubt be our number 1 Corner and he is just now building chemistry with the team its because he is talented, if chemistry was the most important thing then there would be alot less moves and such made in FA

We're too thick at RB. We've got Brown, Carter, and Moore, and I'm just moments away from pegging Ballard as the next big thing.

The kid has SUPERIOR vision. I can't remember the last RB I've seen who sees a play develop in front of him the way he does. Every single time I've seen him carry I am more and more impressed. Like I said, he sees the play develop, he makes his cut, and he hit's the gas. He's as smooth as silk, and when he starts up-field he wastes no time or motion...

I seriously think if he gets solid playing time (and I see no reason he shouldn't, Moore's presence withstanding) and Donald Brown still fails to impress, Ballard may challenge for the job before this season is up.

I've already spent more time than I'm comfortable with comparing him to Arian Foster.

you mean such guys as Kashif Moore, Sergio Brown and Mike Person who have no chemistry with the team? chemistry is built over time no matter the level of talent you bring in, bring in less talent I dont care if they have chemistry or not if they dont have the skills then they are useless Mcglynn and Justice both have some chemistry as well as experience for example and that certainly didnt help them in Philly and isn't now (and wont), you think our Corners and Safeties have alot of chemistry? there play on the field certainly hasn't shown it yet and why is that? cause they couldn't beat there man. Theres a reason Vontae is here and will no doubt be our number 1 Corner and he is just now building chemistry with the team its because he is talented

Do you honestly think someone claimed off of waivers and who has not participated in the team's training camp or preseason can come in and beat out Justice or McGlynn? Let's be realistic. When you're talking in terms of offensive linemen who are cast-offs, the line is greater than the sum of it's parts. We should definitely mess with the chemistry of the right side of the line a week before the beginning of the season, in hopes that someone claimed off of waivers might be a minor upgrade in terms of untapped talent. There's a reason why people like Linkenbach are still on the team. It's a team sport.

Ballard shown well but in no way am I ready to crown him starter, cant fault Donald for the crap blocking we have had in the run game Thats on Grigson as much as it is the right side of the O Line him bringing in Justice and Mcglynn. Donalds shown he is good averaging 4.8 yards a carry last year on 134 carries. I am more for a power back guy and that is Ballard but I do like the tandem if our O Line can block someone

Do you honestly think someone claimed off of waivers and who has not participated in the team's training camp or preseason can come in and beat out Justice or McGlynn? Let's be realistic. When you're talking in terms of offensive linemen who are cast-offs, the line is greater than the sum of it's parts. We should definitely mess with the chemistry of the right side of the line a week before the beginning of the season, in hopes that someone claimed off of waivers might be a minor upgrade in terms of untapped talent. There's a reason why people like Linkenbach are still on the team. It's a team sport.

There are some people here that have for some reason convinced theirselves that their talent evaluating skills are better than those who have yrs. and yrs. of NFL experience. Then when you call them on it, you get a response like....."scouts miss on players all the time". Well, of course they do, they literally watch 1000's of players every yr., so yeah, their gonna miss on some, but they are right, far more than they are wrong. I think people were expecting us to bring in 10 to 12 players off the waiver wire and that would have just been flat out stupid. It would have destroyed everything they have been working on for the last 3 months.

The O line isnt just greater of the sum of its parts if 1 or more of those parts (the right side of the OL) cant block to save there own lives, your talking about the benched Linkenbach who has got his butt handed to him time and time again because he couldnt beat his man right? for example if Jake Scott is or was healthy if we brought him in I have no doubt in my mind thats an upgrade at OL and if he was healthy he would be starting, why? cause he actually is a good O Lineman that can BUILD chemistry with the team (just using him for an example nothing more) but if you want, take the chemistry over the talent in the O Lines case and we will see how far the chemistry gets us this season. Chemistry is no doubt important of course, Im not debating that, that would be silly. But have to have talent with that chemistry or else you get what we have now on the right side of that O Line, chemistry with little talent, as for cast offs, Mcglynn would fit that category as well as Justice, why? because one is made of glass and the other is as slow as an ox, just my opinions of course

There are some people here that have for some reason convinced theirselves that their talent evaluating skills are better than those who have yrs. and yrs. of NFL experience. Then when you call them on it, you get a response like....."scouts miss on players all the time". Well, of course they do, they literally watch 1000's of players every yr., so yeah, their gonna miss on some, but they are right, far more than they are wrong. I think people were expecting us to bring in 10 to 12 players off the waiver wire and that would have just been flat out stupid. It would have destroyed everything they have been working on for the last 3 months.

Actually I was hoping for 1-2

I think that there is tension about this issue, as there are with other issues, because of the way an opinion is delivered. Yes.... all here have a right to their opinion. But the internet is a poor place to judge emotion, attitude, and such. If that weren't the case, there would be no such thing as emoticons. I find my own feathers ruffled at times, and when I really think about it, it comes down to a very simple phrase:

"In my opinion"

Although this may get laughed at, it is true. Look at the difference..

"In my opinion, Jim Irsay tweets too much"

"Jim Irsay tweets to much"

One sounds like an opinion, one sounds like a fact. No, there are no rules that require such a usage, I am merely trying to lessen the tension between posters with strong opinions.

I think that there is tension about this issue, as there are with other issues, because of the way an opinion is delivered. Yes.... all here have a right to their opinion. But the internet is a poor place to judge emotion, attitude, and such. If that weren't the case, there would be no such thing as emoticons. I find my own feathers ruffled at times, and when I really think about it, it comes down to a very simple phrase:

"In my opinion"

Although this may get laughed at, it is true. Look at the difference..

"In my opinion, Jim Irsay tweets too much"

"Jim Irsay tweets to much"

One sounds like an opinion, one sounds like a fact. No, there are no rules that require such a usage, I am merely trying to lessen the tension between posters with strong opinions.

good point I get carried away with that sometimes and forget that phrase "in my opinion"

Absolutely. People can speculate and be wishful, but there are so many who get all knotted up, not realizing they are looking through a different lens than the head honchos. I'm pretty sure that Grigs and Pags know more about talent evaluation than anyone on this board. No sense in getting flustered, if they thought someone would make a dent in the roster they would have claimed them. That's kind of, you know, part of their jobs.