Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anybody Disappointed....

Carlos Danger

Wondering if any of my fellow Colts fans are disappointed that we didn't make more waiver wire moves. There were a lot of names out there that seemed like upgrades, but we didn't go after them. Do we trust that Grigson knows what he is doing by not picking up some of these players? Should we expect that there will be more moves to come as we look at the veterans that were cut today? Is this nothing to worry about because we are essentially talking about castoffs? Would like to hear your thoughts on these issues.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted Jean-Baptiste.

Wanted him too ... I think a lot of us did ... I am thinking there had to be something going on with him that we do not know about especially since being released from the Ravens you know Pagano had the inside track on info.

We did bring in a rotational guy at Nose Tackle but when Chapman returns he will get lost in the shuffle of Johnson and Chapman if Chapmans healthy at some point but he will get his shot as immediate backup till then, watching this Jets vs Panthers game he may be used at Defensive End in a rotation behind Moala or Redding

Wanted him too ... I think a lot of us did ... I am thinking there had to be something going on with him that we do not know about especially since being released from the Ravens you know Pagano had the inside track on info.

read I believe on Twitter he was recovering from some injury still otherwise I think we pick him up, cant have two NT injured and only 1 option to choose from. we needed immediate depth at that position thats what the move was about Im sure, I understand the move but when Baptiste is healthy he would have been the better option in my opinion from what I am seeing in this Jets game

Okay in all this disappointment I've seen two people throw out one names of guys they wished we had picked up. It sounds more like people are disappointed we didn't make moves for the sake of making moves then they are we didn't go get specific players. Just because we were first on the wavier wire didn't mean that other players being released were better than what we all had and frankly odds are if a lot of them were Grigson would have had them in here before now. They weren't going to cut a bunch of players who have been in camp learning the Colts system all pre-season to bring in a bunch of people who have been in other camps right before our first game. That's just not realistic. We might see another free agent move or two but this is probably pretty close to the final line up going into the Bears game.

Some act as if fans cant have opinions of who they like or who they think is better. GM's and coaches and scouts are prone to make mistakes as well

You can have your opinion but so can the people who hold the opinion that our GMs and coaches are probably better and judging talent as a whole than we are here. Just because they hold that opinion in no way means you can't hold your opinion.

Rex Ryan is quoted as saying: "He can run all these routes, he had good hands and he's got 4.2 speed at 6-foot-5. He was the guy they all wanted, but honestly, when it came down to it, a wideout? Not my dream pick. But now that we have him, of course, I want to claim him: 'Oh, that was my pick.' But it really wasn't." http://www.nfl.com/n...r-new-york-jets

Grigson, it's show time, another weapon for Andrew Luck. What are you gonna do?

Actually Pagano wouldn't have any inside track on Jean-Baptiste as Pagano was positioned as the Colts coach long before the Ravens signed the undrafted FA. I wonder if they didn't feel he would fit in the hybrid 3-4 as much as the guy we did pick up.

If Grigson didn't see these guys improving the team, I have to tend to believe him. I have liked the moves he has made in effort to produce a team we will be more excited to watch this year (and hopefully it continues many more to come).

I don't know why ppl are criticizing..... these guys just got cut from other teams. The chances of you finding starters is slim to none. The coaches know what they're doing.

Likenbach sucked last year but he may have gotten better, all three of the Lineman the colts got are upgrades.

Actually Pagano wouldn't have any inside track on Jean-Baptiste as Pagano was positioned as the Colts coach long before the Ravens signed the undrafted FA. I wonder if they didn't feel he would fit in the hybrid 3-4 as much as the guy we did pick up.

If Grigson didn't see these guys improving the team, I have to tend to believe him. I have liked the moves he has made in effort to produce a team we will be more excited to watch this year (and hopefully it continues many more to come).

I imagine that Pagano still has plenty of contacts within the Ravens organization that he stays in touch with/can contact (and could have easily gotten the full story on any player the Ravens released). I believe this type of networking and maintaining past relationships is common in the NFL coaching community.

We went through the same stuff with Bill Polian too. We are happy when Grigson makes trades we want, not so much when he does not get UDFAs or free agents that we want. In a year or two, I will be curious to see if Grigson uses the scalpel more liberally on his own draft picks and pickups etc.

Rex Ryan is quoted as saying: "He can run all these routes, he had good hands and he's got 4.2 speed at 6-foot-5. He was the guy they all wanted, but honestly, when it came down to it, a wideout? Not my dream pick. But now that we have him, of course, I want to claim him: 'Oh, that was my pick.' But it really wasn't." http://www.nfl.com/n...r-new-york-jets

Grigson, it's show time, another weapon for Andrew Luck. What are you gonna do?

Did you even read the article?

I just find it funny that if some fans had their way, we'd have 17 WR's, 23 O-lineman, and a few other guys that people want based on name value alone. Guy's that are being suggested, most probably haven't even really seen them play much but they hear their names on sportscenter, so we should pick them up.

We wasted an opportunity. Plenty of young talent out there. Got a few below average to average backups. We got first didbs, and it didn't matter, because we wouldve gotten the same guys anyway.

I'll trust Grigson and Co. over anyone on this board. Plus,we have a team of scouts that do an insane amount of research. It's funny how armchair GM's "know better". To say we wasted an opportunity, is ludicrous.

I imagine that Pagano still has plenty of contacts within the Ravens organization that he stays in touch with/can contact (and could have easily gotten the full story on any player the Ravens released). I believe this type of networking and maintaining past relationships is common in the NFL coaching community.

Good point! Yet I doubt that would give him full inside track. Most likely the Ravens may have only fed him some information in hopes that he would make it through waivers to their practice squad.

Or maybe he did get the whole inside and the guy has some baggage that no one on our forum has heard about (not hard-worker, not learning system quickly enough, not as athletic as needed in our system, etc.).

One will never know which way it is but I'm guessing Grigson got the man he wanted and let the others go.

I'll trust Grigson and Co. over anyone on this board. Plus,we have a team of scouts that do an insane amount of research. It's funny how armchair GM's "know better". To say we wasted an opportunity, is ludicrous.

Yep, because I said I "know better." Why even put that in quotes when it hasn't been said by anyone?? Do you know anything? :facepalm: I think that we could've improved our roster, and we didn't. You could say this for anything. We could trade Luck for a 7th round QB and say "I trust Grigson, so you know nothing." *.

Yep, because I said I "know better." Why even put that in quotes when it hasn't been said by anyone?? Do you know anything? :facepalm: I think that we could've improved our roster, and we didn't. You could say this for anything. We could trade Luck for a 7th round QB and say "I trust Grigson, so you know nothing." *.

I wish there was a dislike button. You implied you know better by your posted words. Your last sentence is just nonsense, so no comment.

Btw, putting in the Capt. Picard facepalm doesn't automatically make your post better.

Maybe Grigson is trying to put a better special team together. I can recall how Irsay put the word out to improve the special teams play. A lot are looking at the individual positions not how they fit onto the team. We call all sit at our PCs and think we know better but we really are pretty narrow minded in the big picture.