Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harrison?

Dtman513

I actually don't think he played that great after his injury. Literally on the very first play his hands finally saw the ball, he fumbled - that's what happens when you're out of the game too long. Furthermore, Harrison's forte was generating separation through clean effective route-running and his A+ chemistry with Manning. All this is in jeopardy, as Harrison has been out of the Colts system for years now.

If you're going to look for an old WR, I say don't pick one who relied on intelligence, speed, and chemistry to win. Instead, go with a big bruising WR. This is a technique also taught to HB's as they age that LaDainian Tomlinson took to heart - when you age, put on muscle. It's much easier to put on muscle than it is to be fast. Unfortunately for Harrison, he is frail and lacks a big body.

This is why I love T.O. His body will treat him well as he ages. Harrison's?... Not so much.

Last year he went to the Eagles game and Polian mentioned bumping into him on his show and Polian asked him if he had a game or two left in him that we could use him and Marvin told him he didn't even have a series left in him.

A series huh? Wow...

Guest BlueShoe

Or Clarence Verdin, brah

Verdin was that man!!! Loved watching him run around in circles on kick returns making people look silly. I wonder what #83 could have done with a guy like Peyton throwing the ball to him. :)

The only ex-Colt receiver that "might" be able to contribute in a positive way would be Stokley, as for anyone else...it not work out well.

Man, do I miss Harrison though..watching him run routes and catching the ball, it was a thing of beauty. His game was more art more than anything else.

If not Marvin, definitely Sean Dawkins.

Or Jerome Pathan

Or Clarence Verdin, brah

I say we sign a stray cat. Ever try to catch one?

LOLOLOLOL! Nice job saving this thread from being truly awful!

Guys. If we want to bring in a receiver what about Roy Hall? Remember him?

Yep, I remember hall... Just saw him yesterday when he was bagging my groceries...

How can a man have a career built on irrelevancy and still get the fanfare he has? Maybe mike hart can tell me... :facepalm:

E.G. Green anyone?

Somewhat off topic but EG Green was a very good receiver who just could not stay healthy. If Greene could have stayed healthy the Colts never would have drafted Wayne because he would not have been needed.

I still remember the Titan playoff game. Manning threw it deep down the middle of the field, Green laid out, caught the ball, some Titan slammed into his legs while he was still in the air and broke Green's shin bone and Green still held onto the ball. Green was a lot of fun to watch, great route runner, excellent hands, good enough speed to beat most CBs.

Guest BlueShoe

Somewhat off topic but EG Green was a very good receiver who just could not stay healthy. If Greene could have stayed healthy the Colts never would have drafted Wayne because he would not have been needed.

I still remember the Titan playoff game. Manning threw it deep down the middle of the field, Green laid out, caught the ball, some Titan slammed into his legs while he was still in the air and broke Green's shin bone and Green still held onto the ball. Green was a lot of fun to watch, great route runner, excellent hands, good enough speed to beat most CBs.

AGREED!!!

E.G. would have been a great receiver if he could only have stayed healthy.

LOLOLOLOL! Nice job saving this thread from being truly awful!

Yep, I remember hall... Just saw him yesterday when he was bagging my groceries...

How can a man have a career built on irrelevancy and still get the fanfare he has? Maybe mike hart can tell me... :facepalm:

If not I am sure Kenton Keith can!

i suck with the multi quotes

but on the 1st pages,

thanks to the dude who did the research, thanks to the dude reminding me of the play, of when addai broke harrison:(

i clearly remember, it, run to the right, addai got chopped at the knees and feel into the back of harrison knee:(

yes although he is so gangster, he had possibly created art in a way, no corner back could get any read on him, i woulda loved to see one time him against revis, i know he is much older, but ya,

have the colts ever done any appreciate for harrison

but on the 1st pages,

thanks to the dude who did the research, thanks to the dude reminding me of the play, of when addai broke harrison:(

i clearly remember, it, run to the right, addai got chopped at the knees and feel into the back of harrison knee:(

yes although he is so gangster, he had possibly created art in a way, no corner back could get any read on him, i woulda loved to see one time him against revis, i know he is much older, but ya,

have the colts ever done any appreciation for harrison

but on the 1st pages,

have the colts ever done any appreciation for harrison

I rememeber in 99 when we played the cowboys, Marvin burning Deion for about a 40 yard TD