Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Final Cuts -- please post here (Merge)

Superman

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Snow never done anything but LS either.

Right. I understand that. But Snow has lasted what, a dozen years? You last that long in the NFL doing nothing but snapping and that tells me he's very, very good at what he does.

So, why go with an untested rookie over a proven veteran unless the issue is money?

My first reaction is the Snow decision is very disappointing.

As best I can tell, Overton is also a long snapper. He's not a lineman or a linebacker who doubles as a snapper. All he does is snap.

So, absent anything else, this strikes me as a financial decision. And given how many close games we might be in, I don't understand the logic of cutting someone important like Snow over what I think is a small amount of money.

I'm sure there's more to this story.... but my initial reaction is disappointment.

I don't think it's about money. It's a difference of $500k. I think it's about versatility on special teams. And while Snow has been a great long snapper, he's not the only long snapper in the world, and he's not the only one on the roster capable of doing the job.

I think some are putting WAY to much emphasis on a guy that can literally bend over and throw the ball between his legs,

Easier said than done. Ask the Giants long snapper in that playoff game against the 49ers several years ago. Snow only seems insignificant because he never makes a mistake.

Easier said than done. Ask the Giants long snapper in that playoff game against the 49ers several years ago. Snow only seems insignificant because he never makes a mistake.

Exactly. Snow was easily one of the best if not THE best at long snapping. If you could go to the hall of fame for being a long snapper, Snow would be in it.

My first reaction is the Snow decision is very disappointing.

As best I can tell, Overton is also a long snapper. He's not a lineman or a linebacker who doubles as a snapper. All he does is snap.

So, absent anything else, this strikes me as a financial decision. And given how many close games we might be in, I don't understand the logic of cutting someone important like Snow over what I think is a small amount of money.

I'm sure there's more to this story.... but my initial reaction is disappointment.

I believe Snow's release was more about money and age than his performance.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Greg McCoy (TCU) & McNut (Iowa) are AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE GRIGSON GET MCCoy. Maybe not McNut since we don't need WR's. But we could use CB's!!!!!

You better check out supermans post your posting this in the wrong thread. haha