Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Death at Reliant Stadium

FightLikeSin

I didn't even know that this had happened till today. Those stadium escalators are nothing to play around on, way too steep and high in the air for horseplay. I too am keeping the gentleman's family and friends in my thoughts.

Last night 08/31/12 in Georgia a kid fell to his death during a football game. Last year a firefighter fell to his death reaching for a flyball and his nine year old son sitting next to him witnessed all. Point One; Why allow the fans to sit so close to the walls? Point Two; Why allow fans to sit so close to the field of play so they can reach for the ball while it is a live ball like the grounders bouncing off the base line as fair balls then the fans on the ground floor simply leaning over and snagging the balls off the groun?. Point Three: Remember the kid in Wrigley Field that caught the fly ball and the Cubs fans to this day blame him or the Cubs not going further in the playoffs? Take the fans out of the game. With the spirit of the game now gone and money is everything it amazes me that they dont demand the first two rows of seats be removed to keep all fans out of the game. Maybe they don't want to lose the revenue from the seat removal.

Sad news. I think this happened at Heinz field not too long ago. Thoughts and prayers.

Point Three: Remember the kid in Wrigley Field that caught the fly ball and the Cubs fans to this day blame him or the Cubs not going further in the playoffs?

Steve Bartman will never be forgiven.

I didn't even know that this had happened till today. Those stadium escalators are nothing to play around on, way too steep and high in the air for horseplay. I too am keeping the gentleman's family and friends in my thoughts.

Senseless death. I feel for his family.

I think if some fans showed a little self control during games then things would be fine

I agree fellas. My condolences go out to Jonathon Kelly's friends and family, but you need to be aware of your surroundings and behave in a rational and dignified manner.