Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The all-encompassing "We should sign/claim that guy" thread (merge)

bavanlan

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Eagles let go of some really good players. I've always been an Atogwe fan

He's been bouncing around for two years. I liked him three years ago, but now, I think he's probably got a fork sticking out of his back.

They also let go of Adrian Moten and Ollie Ogbu. Now they've released both of the players Grigson traded to them, plus the other one they picked up.

Here are the players that have been let go by the Cowboys:

FB Shaun Chapas

LB Adrian Hamilton

QB Rudy Carpenter

WR Danny Coale

DE Clifton Geathers

S Eddie Whitley

CB Teddy Williams

CB Lionel Smith

LB Baraka Atkins

CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah

TE Andrew Szczerba

WR Saalim Hakim

DE Robert Calloway

WR Tim Benford

DE Ben Bass

OT Pat McQuistan

G Daniel Loper

G Ron Leary

LB Orie Lemon – reportedly will be brought back on practice squad

G Harland Gunn

OT Jeff Adams

most notably is Orie Lemon he had a good preseason at linebacker

here is the Jets cut list. they have to release 7 more players as well.

WR Joseph Collins (rookie, undrafted free agent, Weber State), LB Marcus Dowtin (rookie, undrafted free agent, North Alabama), G Robert Griffin (rookie, 6th round, Baylor), G Fred Koloto (rookie, undrafted free agent, San Jose State), P Spencer Lanning (1st year, undrafted free agent in 2011 by Bears, South Carolina), DB LeQuan Lewis (rookie, undrafted free agent in 2011 by Tennessee) Arizona State), TE Tarren Lloyd (rookie, undrafted free agent, Utah State), DB D'Anton Lynn (rookie, undrafted free agent, Penn State), CB Julian Posey (1st year, undrafted free agent, Ohio), DE Jay Richardson (5th year, 5th round in 2007 draft by Raiders, Ohio State), WR Eron Riley (1st year, undrafted free agent in 2009 by Ravens, Duke), DT Brett Roy (rookie, undrafted free agent, Nevada), QB Matt Simms (rookie, undrafted free agent, Tennessee), DT Martin Tevaseu (2nd year, undrafted free agent in 2010

by Browns, Nevada-Las Vegas).

most notable player is DE Jay Richardson. he played fairly well just depth on the line put him on the wrong end of the stick

Out of this list, I like:

Julian Posey, CB, Ohio (has good speed and during his junior campaign, Julian Posey had 29 tackles, four pass break-ups and two picks)

Brett Roy, DE, Nevada (this guy could have utility value as DE, IMO)

He's been bouncing around for two years. I liked him three years ago, but now, I think he's probably got a fork sticking out of his back.

They also let go of Adrian Moten and Ollie Ogbu. Now they've released both of the players Grigson traded to them, plus the other one they picked up.

He's better than what we have right now at safety, other than Bethea. Beggers can't be choosy

About him being better than our other safeties, or that beggers can't be choosy?.... I'll assume the latter.lol

I think he disagreed about the former. One could argue that Atogwe is better than Zbi, especially since Atogwe has been a starter in the league (and a really good one at that). But then one could also say that Atowge is much older and not as good at this point

About him being better than our other safeties, or that beggers can't be choosy?.... I'll assume the latter.lol

The former. I don't think he's better than Zbikowski. I doubt that he's even better than Lefeged and Thomas at this point. He got cut by the Rams in 2010, and I wanted him then. Since, he's been cut by the Redskins, and now by the Eagles. That's three teams that have decided he's not that good anymore. He's 31 years old. I'm gonna pass on him now.

The former. I don't think he's better than Zbikowski. I doubt that he's even better than Lefeged and Thomas at this point. He got cut by the Rams in 2010, and I wanted him then. Since, he's been cut by the Redskins, and now by the Eagles. That's three teams that have decided he's not that good anymore. He's 31 years old. I'm gonna pass on him now.

It's better to have bad credit than NO credit. Our DB's (excluding Bethea) have little to no starting experience, and none have impressed in any of the preseason games so far. Atogwe is at least good enough to beat out Lefeged -- probably Zbikowski, too. The Eagles and Redskins have pretty loaded secondaries, so I wouldn't look at him being cut as an automatic indictment of his overall value.

Wasn't Greg Jones the ILB from Michigan State that had a fantastic college career and we were talking if he was going to replace Gary Brackett possibly if drafted? We said the same about James Lauranitis too :) but Greg Jones is a good ILB candidate, much in the mold of Pat Angerer, IMO. Great college production, good work ethic and has extensive experience at ILB. He would make good weakside ILB like Freeman and Angerer, he was even on the roster with extensive playing time when injuries happened to their MLB (Boley) with the NY Giants.

He was released by the Giants, I am a bit surprised by that. Hope this is not one of those Jake Ballard releases that they hope he clears waivers. I would look at him. At this juncture, it is more important to invest in good football players who have a good history of production and work ethic, since anyone you bring in would not have spent any time with your team or your playbook whatsoever.

Crazy how the Eagles are down to 56 already. They're gonna be the 1st team done looks like

Grigson must have given them a call and said "hey, help me out here guys". I need to know if I can let someone go here knowing one of your guys I am targetting is being let go. J/K :)

Grigson must have given them a call and said "hey, help me out here guys". I need to know if I can let someone go here knowing one of your guys I am targetting is being let go. J/K :)

you joke but, watching Hard Knocks I could see that happening in a rare instance :lol: