Int. %.............................2.2................. 2.6

Completion %..................63.8...............63.2

Yards/att.........................7.5.................7. 5

1st team All Pro.................2....................4

NFL MVP...........................2................... .2

SB MVP............................2.................. ..3

SB Rec............................3-2.................4-0

Hey ViriLudant,

Perhaps I missed it, but what is the title of this book exactly? I only ask because I would enjoy thumbing through it myself. Please include the author's name too BTW. Thanks VL. I appreciate it.

BTW I found the GOAT. Can you believe it? He has been right here all this time and nobody has brought him up. He never even lost an NFL game.

goat.jpg

No doubt about it Jules. Joe Montana was a GREAT QB and one BAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD dude. :thmup: Lame I know, but my brain is fried and it's the best I can come up with right now. haha

Wow, this book is phenomenal.

Just some food for thought:

.....................................Brady........ ...Montana

Reg season rec...............124-35...........117-45

Win %.............................780................7 13

Post season Rec...............16-6...............16-7

Win % Post season...........727.................696

Overall Rec....................140-41...........133-54

Win %............................773.................7 11

Passer Rating..................96.4................92.3

TD %..............................5.6................ .5.1

Int. %.............................2.2................. 2.6

Completion %..................63.8...............63.2

Yards/att.........................7.5.................7. 5

1st team All Pro.................2....................4

NFL MVP...........................2................... .2

SB MVP............................2.................. ..3

SB Rec............................3-2.................4-0

I'm pretty sure those are the amount of games their teams have played in during their tenures, and not the amount of games either quarterback has actually played in. Montana's win/loss record was 117-47-0 (164). Brady's win/loss record is 124-35-0 (159). The playoff records are close too, but Montana completed 83 of 122 passes (68%), threw for 1,142 yards with 11 touchdowns... and no interceptions. In the Super Bowl.

Plus he played with Kansas City for a couple of years, and took them to an AFC Championship game. Winning.

Hey ViriLudant,

Perhaps I missed it, but what is the title of this book exactly? I only ask because I would enjoy thumbing through it myself. Please include the author's name too BTW. Thanks VL. I appreciate it.

It's called: "The Case for Foortball's Greatest Quarterback: Tom Brady vs. the NFL" by Sean Glennon.

For giggles:

"To me, he's the greatest of all time. He's a friend of mine, and someone that I always watch and admire, because he always wants to improve, he always wants to get better, and he doesn't settle for anything less than the best. So, when you watch the best and you're able to learn from the best, hopefully that helps me get better."

Tom Brady, on Peyton Manning.[33

As a tremendous Brady fan who know him to be a man of tremendous insight and honesty, I tend to agree.

Yeah, he had a solid game today. Moved very well in the pocket.

The Patriots defense looked NASTY today, particularly the run defense. Chris Johnson had 4 yards running today.

Your schedule is a cupcake for a SB team. I am already just waiting for NE to get the first or second seed again.

Maybe I should not even pay attention to NE until January.

People pay too much attention to high numbers and big stats. Not that those aren't important, but seriously Joe Montana was unphased and played his best football against the best teams, in the biggest games. He was just amazing. I remember him shredding the Denver D in the 89 superbowl....55 points! Joe was just too unstoppable when it counted for me to choose anyone else

The Patriots defense looked NASTY today, particularly the run defense. Chris Johnson had 4 yards running today.

How great was the Chandler Jones strip-sack with Donta Hightower picking it up and running it in for the TD? Talk about rookies making an impact... your two first-round picks teaming up for a play like that is a very, very good sign.

I forgot how awesome it is when you have a legitimate defense in the NFL. Trying to win games 38-28 is not good for one's mental health, lol...

How great was the Chandler Jones strip-sack with Donta Hightower picking it up and running it in for the TD? Talk about rookies making an impact... your two first-round picks teaming up for a play like that is a very, very good sign.

I forgot how awesome it is when you have a legitimate defense in the NFL. Trying to win games 38-28 is not good for one's mental health, lol...

My wife had to perform CPR on me after that play. Unbelievable. That front 7 might end up being one of the top 3 in football. Just have to have the secondary come around.

My wife had to perform CPR on me after that play. Unbelievable. That front 7 might end up being one of the top 3 in football. Just have to have the secondary come around.

I rewatched most of the game and Jones drew a ton of double-teams. Loved the running game too. This could be a really fun year!

I love some Montana, but I'll never rank him #1.

I think it's an easy argument that he wasn't even the best player on his team. Or 2nd. And when your talking about GoAT, that's a major flaw.....

In modern era, I have a hard time ranking Marino/Elway/Brady/Manning. I can flip flop back and forth between all 4 on any given day.

Not a very strong argument, to be honest. I understand your intention, but here's the problem with your argument.

Individual QB stats don't determine all that much about the QB. Yes, they're vastly important, but tell me: can you have an outstanding QB perform at a high level without a solid offense behind them?

In other words, Peyton's best career #s in terms of TDs, lower INTs, etc. were back when the Colts had a great line with Saturday, Glenn at left tackle, etc.

Just like Brady's best #s came with Welker and Moss, Gronkowski and Welker, etc.

Individual stats also require having good WRs, a good O-line, etc.

So when a great QB has a down year, do you blame it on the QB or perhaps the rest of the offense as well?

You know, I have absolutely NO problem if people think Brady is better than Manning or even if he's the best ever. It's cool, I think I'd disagree, but the argument can certainly be made for that persons case.

What I cannot stand, is when people try to tell you HOW and WHAT you should judge a great QB by. This is silly.

I like to think of myself as a person of reason, I kinda like things to make sense, and try to approach it more than one way. Why is it that people try to enforce this idea that the only way to evaluate an INDIVIDUAL player in a TEAM SPORT is by how many times they were on a Championship team? I can see it being a factor, for sure, but trying to delude it to that factor alone? It makes no sense to me, this isn't Golf, Tennis, the Olympics, it's American Football. I've seen more QB's win Superbowls than pass for 400TD's or pass for 201 more TD's than INT's, I've never seen a player win 4MVP's, nor have I seen many win 4SB's, or throw for 50TDs in a season.

Personally.

When evaluating a HoF or FHoF QB, I like to remember what made them so great to watch or what people say made them great, whether it's Marino's quick release and ability to dominate on the field(before this pass favoring movement), Elway throwing on the run and his tougness(not to mention that arm), Johnny U pioneering the late game comeback, Manning surgically dissecting a defense, Brady's hair poise and persistence to win, Montana's ability to shine when the game mattered most, or Rex Grossman's ability to make defenses look amazing.

Take your pick, they're all great, but no matter what. Most Colts fans will ALWAYS pick Peyton, and most Patriot fans will ALWAYS pick Brady. When the two AREN't being compared, you'll hear Montana, Unitas, Elway, Favre, or even Bradshaw(mostly Steelers fans lol). What I often encounter is people mentioning Peyton's weapons, or Brady's overall team being good, but never do I hear people talk about how great Montana had it, or the talent around Aikmen or Elway. There were great players on those teams too

Anyways, my point is, there are many things you can look at. And usually when it's your fav player you'll only look at the good things(the ones that are convenient for your argument XD). But oh well, to each his own.

Eli > Peyton :P

Jk. Wait a minute, I wonder if anyone has ever made the argument that Eli is better than Brady based on the fact he's beaten Brady twice on the "Big Stage". Since a lot of Pats fans usually use the playoffs as a strong point in their argument. I know the argument is absurd, but I can see it happening between Giants and Pats fans on some random forum. :clap:

Btw IndyTrav, great post!

Kevin Fishbain@kfishbain MT @Cardschatter: Cards DC Ray Horton on Tom Brady: "I think he's unquestionably the best football player ever to play in this game."

This from Ray Horton, a LeBeau disciple, who coached for the Steelers until the 2011 season.

Unquestionably the best player? Jerry Rice was clearly a slouch.

Arguing amongst QBs is one thing, but there is only one best player - and that's Rice. Nobody comes close to doing what he did at the WR position. Even other great WRs like Moss, Harrison, Megatron, Andre, and Fitz are a tier down from the level Rice performed. He was that darned good.

Arguing amongst QBs is one thing, but there is only one best player - and that's Rice. Nobody comes close to doing what he did at the WR position. Even other great WRs like Moss, Harrison, Megatron, Andre, and Fitz are a tier down from the level Rice performed. He was that darned good.

That's fine. I don't necessarily agree with him, either.

But I guarantee that he knows more about football than you and I put together. He worked under LeBeau for years, and is a good DC on his own right.

Well, someone had to get him the ball in order for Rice to become "that darn good." It started with Montana and ended with Young.