Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Isn't In Danger!

Luck4President

It's obvious that all this is just tatics to throw off the Texans week one. Peyton isn't in danger of missing the game. Irsay is simply playing possum. When have you known the Colts to be up front with injury information? If you notice Peyton is rehabbing behind closed doors no one including the media has seen how he's doing. Irsay isn't gonna come out and tell everyone (including Houston) that Peyton may not be ready. That be suicide. For all we now Peyton could be throwing at 95 - 100%. It's not like Indy is worried about the preaseason anyway. Why not saying he's hurt and see what we have in the back ups during the preseason. Then week 1 trot Peyton out on the field against an unexpecting Texans team and go for their juglars. If Peyton really wasn't going to be ready we would have signed a QB by now. I wouldnt be suprised though to see the Colts sign someone in the next week or two to further throw off everyone. Think about it.

No that's not what I'm saying. But i do think it will gives us a bit of a mental advantage when manning plays week 1

No it's not. The texans will be preparing 100% for peyton. Why wouldn't they? If one of our backups starts, they win the game. So it would make complete sense to prepare for peyton, and only peyton. I doubt painter has them shaking in their shoes.

yea i do agree with you that they'll prepare for him but im still saying that all this is just a show being put on by Irsay

Why? What do they gain from it? If anything it would make more sense for Irsay to be going "Oh Peyton's fine and will be 100% for opening day" to try to keep th Texans from going after a hurt Peyton. The Texans aren't going to be confused. They are going to prepare for Manning and if a back up QB shows up they are just going to turn to the coaches and say send the house boys. I think it is more likely there is some wishful thinking going on by our fans.

Your the Houston Texans are you really not going to prepare for Peyton Manning?

Exactly. The Texans will be expecting to see Manning in week 1. To think all this talk is some sort of a game to mess with the Texans is wishful thinking in my opinion.

maybe you guys are right and most likely are. I just have a hard time buying that this one time Irsay is being straight forward with all things considered.

I don't. In years past it was more Polian and the coaching staff who lied about the injuries. Now that Irsay has found twitter the fans are able to get his thoughts more then at any other time. I find Irsay to be pretty honest when it comes to things he puts on there in regards to the team. I feel pretty confident that Polian absolutely hates that Jim is as honest on twitter as he is actually.

maybe you guys are right and most likely are. I just have a hard time buying that this one time Irsay is being straight forward with all things considered.

That's the wishful thinking coming in. None of us want to even think about Manning not being able to play so a lot of us are looking for any reason in the world for it not to be true.

Irsay has been very straight forward and honest since being on twitter I don't see that changing on this. You can tell he has been honest because when asked about it Polian gets annoyed.

That's the wishful thinking coming in. None of us want to even think about Manning not being able to play so a lot of us are looking for any reason in the world for it not to be true.

Irsay has been very straight forward and honest since being on twitter I don't see that changing on this. You can tell he has been honest because when asked about it Polian gets annoyed.

Am I the only one who has seen all the articles saying that Peyton didnt even know Irsay said that and Peyton came out last night and said he fully expects to play game one and has never really intended to play preseason?

Am I the only one who has seen all the articles saying that Peyton didnt even know Irsay said that and Peyton came out last night and said he fully expects to play game one and has never really intended to play preseason?

Peyton is going to Play game 1!

I honestly do believe that Peyton is in danger of not playing up to his abilities this is a serious injury folks.

Its not an injury.. It was an operation, a minor one at that.. He will play week 1.. He may be a little sore and a bit rusty... but he will play

Manning NEVER said he fully expects to play in week 1.

What he said was he would not play in the preseason and would need every bit of the next 2 weeks to rehab and he would have a better idea where he is at that time. He never committed to playing week 1 so i don't know what article you read, but it's wrong.

I'm sure he'll be back for Week 1.

Now, this isn't the reason, because I think he'll be healthy, but I also think that Peyton does care about his starting streak. I don't think he'll quite beat Favre's, but it'll come somewhat close.

Again, I'm not saying that's the reason why he'll play Week 1, but I do think that it isn't a minor concern of Peyton's.

whether peyton is healthy or not, we still need to sign a backup that would be capable of winning for us...

what if peyton was injured during the season, then we would be in BIG trouble b/c painter would not be able to win!!!

hopefully this situation has made them realize they NEED a better backup b/c peyton is human and not superman!

The Texans will be expecting Manning whether he's 100% or 50%. They'll prepare like he's as good as he's ever been.

If a backup QB shows up on game day they'll be foaming at their mouths. As will any other team in the NFL. Their day just a got a whole lot easier.

texans will prepare for peyton manning 100% and if they get anyone else out there....then they know theyll get a w. cause my hs team could beat the colts with curtis painter running the show.

yea i do agree with you that they'll prepare for him but im still saying that all this is just a show being put on by Irsay

This is not a joke. Peyton Manning is all about hard work. Peyton is not practicing because he can not.

Do u seriously think Peyton is not practicing to fool the Texans? likm

Yes you are because Manning never said that. What he said was is that he's going to need every bit of these two weeks and we would see where he is in two weeks.

Saturday in an interview with 24-Hour News 8’s Ashley Adamson, Peyton Manning said he’s feeling a little better. However, he says he won’t play the next couple of weeks of the pre-season. His playing in the opening game is still uncertain.

“I’m going to need every bit of these next few weeks of the pre-season…I was kind of short changed o some rehab time due to the lockout and so I do feel like I am sort of working against the clock.”

Manning went on the say that he should have answers to more questions in a couple of weeks. As of now Manning says, “That’s all I know at this point

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/sports/colts_and_nfl/manning%27s-availability-for-season-opener-in-doubt

http://www.fox59.com/sports/wxin-20110820-colts-irsay-manning,0,5612148.story

Here is a Polian quote for you too

"Bottom line, we truly do not know when he will be ready," said Polian to Mortensen. "Once the nerves regenerate properly, he'll be ready. When that happens, he'll be ready to ramp up immediately. It's impossible to predict."

What's that all mean? The Colts aren't sure when he's going to be back and I do think there is a real chance he could miss the owner. Now with that said I do think there is just as good of a chance that he'll play. It's probably 50/50 right now and will come down to does a doctor clear him or not.