Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Violence At Raiders/49Rs Game

shecolt

A man wearing a shirt slamming the San Francisco 49ers was seriously wounded as gunfire erupted in the parking lot after the team's NFL preseason game, while another man sustained lesser injuries in an earlier shooting, police said.

In violence during the game, the Oakland Tribune reported that a 26-year-old San Rafael man was assaulted and knocked unconscious in a men's restroom. Police said he was hospitalized and a suspect was arrested. There was no immediate indication that it was connected to the postgame shootings.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/21/san-francisco-49ers-shooting_n_932355.html

This situation is a mess and has no place in the sports industry. There is obviously a different mentality with people involving sports & rivalries over there. Makes me glad to live in a respectable place like Indiana where these altercations happen nowhere near as frequently and nowhere near as violent. Yeah there might be some friendly slander here and some scuffles, but over in Cali you have rioting when championships are won, sever beatings, shootings, stabbings, ect.

On the other hand they do have alot more teams and thus more people attending a much broader variety of games. I'll keep to Indiana. 

It does not help that the 49ers stadium is in one of the worst areas.

I am not surprised that this happened. what I am surprised by is how reports like this do not come out more often. When it comes to sports people just go brain dead. You see it on this message board when someone suggests Manning is not the greatest ever and fans come out of the woodwork and go nuts.

I remember going with some family, who are Rams fans, to a Colts game and after the game a bunch of Colts fans were ready to fight them all because they had on different color laundry to football games.

You throw in alcohol, stupid people, and fandom and you get a horrible result at times.

There is obviously a different mentality with people involving sports & rivalries over there. 

Bulls eye on that....being a rabid fan is one thing, but over the years sports team affiliation and gang affiliation have become homogenized and its getting worse.

Unfortunately, gang members are sports fans too....LA Dodgers and Oakland Raiders stickers slapped all over "low rider" vehicles aren't there by accident....and these uneducated dopes are often incapable of leaving their thuggery outside of sports venues.

This is exactly why when there were whispers of the Colts considering a move to LA....even living 50 miles from LA....I was delighted when they stayed in Indy.