Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts


Senior Member
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by ReMeDy

  1. 4 hours ago, John Waylon said:

    I really do believe that Vince will fund this project for no less than 5 years before he ever considers pulling the plug.


    Agreed. What fans and business are likely looking for in a new league is consistency. Vince will most surely take an initial loss, but once he gets past year two and promises to go onto a year three, investors will be realizing this league is legit and it will look a lot more attractive. Vince just has to whether the storm and show people this is not a one-and-done league.

    • Like 1

  2. The quote about Andrew being "Mr. Mom" and "doing a lot of babysitting" further suggests to me his wife pushed Luck into retirement. I keep thinking back to this article:



    I believe his wife gave Luck an ultimatum: Quit football, or we're done. Luck crying at the podium when announcing his retirement just shows how tough the decision was for him.

    • Like 3
    • Haha 1
    • Confused 1

  3. On 1/30/2020 at 1:11 PM, AwesomeAustin said:

    How long before Trent Richardson signs for a XFL team that needs 3yds a carry?

    He was actually pretty good in the AAF because people were more undersized and he'd just run right thru them. I wish I was joking. Man, that was the concern I had with Trent leaving college for the NFL; it's easy to be a power back against undersized players, but once everyone gets big alongside you, suddenly, it's not much fun being a power back.

    • Like 1

  4. On 1/13/2020 at 3:44 PM, indyagent17 said:

    I think we need a change at LB coach anyway. There were some glaring problems last year like lack of covering over the middle or bubble screens. Health issues played a part but a new voice might get better fundamental play. Hoping at least. This draft is going to be very exciting too


    I thought our DLine coach left, not our Linebackers coach, or was our DLine coach pulling double duties and doing both roles?

  5. 21 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

    I think he truly expected to play last year until things just weren't healing properly.


    I guess I agree... which is why I'll forgive him when he plays for us again after he's healed. Wait, he is coming back after he's healed, right?... No, of course not.

  6. 1 hour ago, CantBeStopped said:

    I wish Andrew would have gotten this support when he made his decision. Thank you Luke for playing the game the right way


    No, because Kuechly did it the right way; he waited until the season is over. Luck did it when we were about to start the regular season. Luck waited so long that Ian Rappaport made the announcement for him!

    • Like 3
    • Thanks 1

  7. 1 hour ago, coltsorioles said:

    Can anyone think of a worse team ??


    The Chicago Bears under Rex Grossman during their Superbowl run. Devin Hester made that team look better than it was. Bears fans would say, "90% of the Bears offense is special teams. The other 10% is their defense."

    • Like 3
    • Haha 1

  8. On 1/3/2020 at 4:21 PM, MPStack said:

    Josh McDaniels I bet!


    There's no way they sign Josh McDaniels. Josh ran Jay Cutler out of town and signed Tim Tebow to a 1st rounder. Josh is a control freak; there's no way Jerry Jones would want that kind of personality on *his* team.

  9. The most realistic move for Brady is Indianapolis. We've already signed two former Patriot QB's, attempted to sign Josh McDaniels, helps Brady give a middle finger to Belichick, and we need a QB but are too high in the draft to grab one. Our team is in a position to compete immediately; we just need a QB. The writing is all over the place.

    • Like 3
    • Confused 1

  10. I'm still trying to puzzle out what Luck's future plans are, as that could depend a lot on whether he returns. Is he going to be a professional couch sitter? Read books all his life? Travel the world? He can do all that when he's over 40! His love for football was genuine, and when he's too old to change his mind, I think he will look back and wish he had played more.


    First, I learned something today: I didn't know a team could not start with the ball in both halves based on their coin-toss verbiage. Why does the NFL even allow this as an option? Strategically, is there a scenario a team would decide they're better off not starting with the ball in both halves? Perhaps if the team thinks their offense is so horrendous they want to limit their time of possession to avoid turnovers, or they don't have enough offense players in uniform? Screw it. Get rid of the rule.


    Second, the referees continue to prove their incompetence. By default, it should be assumed the team wants to start with the ball in the second half! Are we sure these are professional NFL referees? When does common sense prevail?

  • Create New...