Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thats what Jim Nagy from the Senior Bowl said. NIL has basically wiped out day 3 of the draft. UDFA guys are going to get drafted in rounds 5-6.
  3. Maybe people assumed that because of his serious addiction problems in the past and the fact that he was found unresponsive at 4:30 am. Or because the police report said it was a suspected overdose? I’m not trying to pile on Jim Irsay. I truly hope he’s over his drug issues. I applaud anyone who has overcome addiction. But it’s understandable that people would make assumptions based upon how his latest mishap played out.
  4. “Blackmon better than Hooker.” “The exact same injury.” ”picked off bad quarterbacks for a while.” Wow! Wow! And wow! After a few days away you’re back with a bang! Those are eye popping and jaw dropping viewpoints. Just my opinion.
  5. Looks like close game nearing halftime. They have a chance.
  6. He's just gotta let it roll off his shoulders.
  7. I agree. The defense needs a change in coaching before investing big over the offense. The offense is on the right track under Steichen, especially if AR pops off this year and shows growth/ability to stay healthy. I really like Barton, especially with his versatility and ability to play immediately, imo. I also think we can get him by trading back and acquiring another day 2 pick, which would make it easier to double on offense. However, if Bowers is there, I would be perfectly fine seeing us take him at 15, and still taking a receiver at 46. That could really do wonders for the depth of pass catchers for this offense, and give Steichen a lot of flexibility to do things, depending on what the receiver looked like. If not Bowers, then a solid receiver paired with a runningback later in the draft that is a strong pass catcher and can even split out would be nice. Just give Steichen options with explosive players, and more depth on the o-line for AR's protection. That's what I ultimately hope for.
  8. It's gotta be frustrating for him as a recovering addict, that as soon as anything happens to him or people think he is acting different. Everyone assumes he's fallen off the wagon, I would say don't fall for the sensationalism.
  9. Question…. Why does it have to be specific to anyone this year? Why can’t it just be a general rule that CB tries to follow? A core value, if you will.
  10. Today
  11. I would but would want a deal where it was a third round pick, but couldn’t see Saints doing that. Woukd have a high end CB and still have our top two picks
  12. nice Edit: Also both the trades mentioned here pretty much followed the draft value chart. Talking trading up to #38 from #44 and offering a 4th Difference in #38 and #44 is 60pts(avg 4th round value) Ended up trading up to #41 from #44 for a 5th. Difference in #41 and #44 is 30pts(avg 5th round value)
  13. Our defense will never be GREAT as long as we play * defense by having corners 10 yards off the ball on 3rd and 3. And an unbelievable unwillingness to blitz more than 4 times a game. And also, it doesn't matter who is in the secondary if the front seven can't stop the run(we can) and get to the passer(we did ok getting to the passer, but we need more blitzing from lb'ers). Our first pick should be an offensive lineman like Fuaga, Powers-Johnson, or Barton. Then target a receiver like Polk, Pearsall, Washington, Corley, or Roman Wilson in the second or third rounds. As much as I would like to get Bowers I just don't see it happening. And we need a very good linebacker to go along with Speed and Franklin.
  14. Yeah, could very well be. I think I remember Ballard said he did it to have more flexibility when asked. if it is Paye, I would rather see him play out the year before extending.
  15. The idea of DeJean going in the late first round is due to his instincts and overall very competent play in nearly all aspects of DB play. Cover 3 FS is more valuable, IMO, than a cover 2 FS. Contrast DeJean's overall RAS and talents with Hooker, who was only good at being a single high deep guy...especially his rookie year where he picked off bad QBs for a while...and DeJean at 22 or later with a 3rd round pick gathered from a trade down is a much better decision than Hooker was at 15. BTW, Blackmon had the same ACL injury as Hooker and did well as an overall S as a rookie, but wasn't a single high speed guy, and is probably still a better overall S now than Hooker is in DAL...both having the exact same injury years ago.
  16. Yesterday
  17. To the bolded, I don't constantly hear that. I see people say it on the Internet. It was a big thing when we were looking for a HC, how candidates would be scared off because of how the Reich/Saturday thing went, Irsay's meddling, etc. One specific theory was Sirianni would tell Steichen not to take the Colts job. We see how that went. Does Irsay's history negatively impact the team? I'd like to know if there's any examples where you think it has.
  18. Some are not understanding this. Have a feeling there will be an upset group after Thursday night. Give AR every opportunity to succeed by surrounding him with weapons. If Pittman was to miss a few weeks, it would be bad. Tbh we should draft offense the 1st and 2nd rounds. Sign a Simmons and a vet corner.
  19. I think we are closer to a great offense than a great defense. Especially within the duration of AR rookie contract and JT’s peak years, which I think are the next few seasons. I’d much rather load up offensively to assist AR’s development and then focus on building a strong defense for when that time runs out. That means continuing to build up the o-line and put weapons around AR. That’s basically what Ballard said earlier that their goal was. I just don’t see them focusing on defense, and I hope people on here don’t get disappointed if we see an early run on offense, pass catcher and interior line both, versus needed pieces on defense. Not predicting that will happen, but i do somewhat hope it does. They are both deep classes though, so i wont be shocked if they dont search for mid round value there.
  20. Honest question; do you think Jim's history with substance abuse negatively impacts the team? The media certainly believes so. I constantly hear media say players, coaches, and front office personnel don't want to come here because of Jim's addiction history and personality. Every player I've seen talk about Jim absolutely loves him and says he's one of their favorite people in the world.
  21. Penix is dropping a lot. I wonder where he goes. 3rd round? I hope Nabers drops to the Giants. It would be nice to see him in the NorthEast.
  22. I think we’re probably working either a Kelly or Paye extension Yep
  23. I cant disagree with anything you wrote. I just think a great D can help a growing offense. I also think its easier to add talent on the offensive side of the ball. The D needs more scheme fit that the offense does. Offense can adapt/change to new talent easier than a D can. AlsoI like D better than O
  24. Of,course it is just speculation. This forum is all speculation and opinions , and to your point nothing is ever leaked from the organization they don’t want public including the content of their pre-draft videos. It is all just spitballing in the offseason by the media and the fans.
  25. If there was any flaw with the Hooker pick, it was simply his injury history. Dude was a big time playmaker, and he showed that whenever he was healthy. Sadly, that wasn't often enough, and it undermined his career potential. There's also a common perception that FS isn't a first round position. I fully believe in positional value, but I don't agree at FS. I think it's close to a premium position when you have a playmaker. Especially when you want to play a bunch of Cover 3.
  26. I don’t disagree. But if AR is going to make enough difference to win the close games, wouldn’t we want to put every tool in his bag to be the true difference for this team? What players on defense are going to be a bigger difference maker for this team over a high level pass catcher/playmaker, if AR is that guy? That argument isn’t just, well AR is better, therefore he will get us to the playoffs. If that is true, why would it not be better to load him up with playmakers that can make a difference now and over the next several years than to just keep what we have and try and find a few defensive players? We’ll address the defense at some point in the draft… I think we’ll still get a vet in the secondary room post draft. I think the corners will be better next year. Defensive line could very well also. Will our pass catchers be better? Just because AR is out there? I don’t necessarily see it that way. I think the offense will be, but I see no reason to not load him up.
  1. Load more activity