Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. This is the year to trade up. Move up higher in the first four rounds seems like a good strategy.
  3. Mods: could you change the title to "Offseason program media availability", thanks!
  4. Fascinating article. The analysis says trading back is the way to go. It quotes Polian as saying he hated trading back. An interesting part is when an NFL executive said it’s usually not a “all for one” approach because the OC wants his guy, the DC wants his guy etc. You’d be surprised how the sausage gets made.
  5. Interesting that the latest PFF mock has moved CB Mitchell to the 22nd pick, and DE Turner to the 23rd pick in the draft. They predict Verse is the first DE off the board to the Falcons at #8, and Arnold as the first CB off the board to the raiders at #13. PFF, like may other mocks PFF has Bowers to the Jets at #10 and Dejean to the Colts as the 2nd CB off the board. They have 4 QB's taken before the Colts pick. WR's - Harrison #4, Nabors #6, Odunze #11 Seems to be much more noise this year about the number of teams possibly moving their position in round one than in years past; with a rarity, the Colts among them. Sure, it is all just speculation. but also a little more interesting this year.
  6. It's behind a pay wall =/. "Look" I'm not saying I don't want a "complete" team, I just strongly feel this team needs another offensive weapon and I'd prefer we spend that extra draft capital to make that happen. Whether that's Nabers, or MHJ I'm indifferent but I do think MHJ will have a lot of success for a long time in this league. I've always loved Ballard's strategy of acquiring picks and players. I've never criticized him for that and have celebrated it. This is the year to move up and get a play maker. We will not be picking this high next year regardless if it's Flacco or AR at QB. If there is a guy they really like, let's take the chance. They need to do whatever they possibly can to help AR be successful. In reality what will most likely happen is they stay put or trade back. They wait and see how AR does this year with the current roster and re-evaluate their go/no-go strategy for next season. I'm not completely opposed to this but I think they are good enough this year to be a playoff team as is. Add a weapon and you can create some magic.
  7. Colts haven't had a decent consistent TE since Dallas Clark. It's time to get one.
  8. If you read his interview, Buckner and his wife absolutely LOVE the state of Indiana and the city of Indianapolis. They think it’s the perfect place to raise a family. They couldn’t say enough good things about it.
  9. For the trade back fans.... Randy Mueller of the Athletic says - maybe only ~150 draftable players this year ”After several classes overflowing with talented prospects (mainly due to the extra year of eligibility granted because of the pandemic), with as many as 350 names filling NFL teams’ draft boards, teams could struggle to get 150 names on their boards this year. This is dangerous for two reasons: The top players will disappear quickly, and teams will have to guard against the risk of overdrafting players in the later rounds. It might be a good opportunity for some teams to trade picks, maybe to move up into the first four rounds, or for a veteran player who brings more certainty. For that reason, there will be a lot of trade talk over the next couple of weeks.” https://theathletic.com/5412463/2024/04/15/nfl-draft-randy-mueller-top-10/
  10. Apparently he thinks we are Super Bowl contenders.
  11. @cjwhiskers Coincidentally, just came across this piece on The Athletic talking about trading back as the best strategy. Hits on some of the points we were discussing. https://theathletic.com/5416007/2024/04/16/nfl-drafting-methods-insight-massey-thaler/?source=user_shared_articleNFLteamsknowthebestwaytodraft,sowhyaren’ttheydoingit?
  12. I’m not willing to assume the risk on Latu. I would rather move up for Turner or Nabors. Increase your chances of getting a difference maker.
  13. Today
  14. Turner until 9 ? no. Falcons were thinking of trading up from 8 when they were looking for a QB. They were going from 8 to 3 to land Jayden Daniels. But then they got Kirk Cousins so looks like they are staying at 8 and will grab the best edge possible - Turner. At least thats what all the local talk radio is saying. Any scenario that involves Turner really involves the Falcons, and it was not clear from your post above what the Falcons would be doing at 8. BTW, I like the idea of Nabors at 9...
  15. I’ll be honest I’m shocked by this and the contract seems to be team friendly compared to some of those other DT contracts signed in FA. I was almost certain that DeFo would’ve opted into going to a Super Bowl contender after the season is up.
  16. I mean I think we kinda all knew that the man hasn’t played since 2018. Anyone holding hope that he would return 6 years after Indy let him keep a butt load of money is delusional lol.
  17. I wrote a comment earlier but I must not have pressed "submit". I believe they all would have played but they would have to adjust how they played. For me, Romo was the worst. I thought he should have been banned for some of what he did. I think he ended the career of a teammate. Jack Tatum and some of the others played before I started watching football. From what I read, he fit the description of a dirty player. I always disliked Rodney Harrison for his play. He seemed to always make extra hard hits. Burfict played like he had CTE -- he seemed out of control. He missed a lot of time because of his dirty plays. I would not be surprised to learn that he has CTE. Roy Williams does not come to mind at all. I have to search a picture. I keep envisioning the WR Roy Williams. I don't recall Bob Sanders or Jared Allen as dirty players.
  18. Caitlin Clark is very pretty, especially when she dresses up and wears makeup. She also has personality and has a fan following. BTW, not every sponsor has to be beautiful or handsome. For example, Peyton Manning isn't handsome, but he has charm, talent and personality. He never lacks for sponsorship or commercials.
  19. Being big does not make you a good blocker. They were liabilities in the run game and it limited our play calling with those guys in the game. It basically telegraphed to the defense what we could and couldn't do. I am not sure Mo makes the team this year and he is very limited in what he can do in the pass game.
  20. Turner is good but he is a little light. He is explosive but raw. Latu is just a really good football player with good measurables. I think it is time for Ballard to pick the best football player available and not the one with the highest RAS. I am warming to Latu as he could be there at 15 . The other guys will costs us to move up most likely. I just want the Colts to come out of this draft getting the guy they wanted and that takes a trade then so be it.
  1. Load more activity