Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. QB: Williams Daniels Maye McCarthy WR: Harrison Odunze Nabers TE: Bowers OT: Alt Fuaga Latham Fashanu Fautanu DL: Latu Turner Verse Newton Murphy CB: Mitchell Wiggins Arnold
  3. I would say the odds we trade back out of the first round are zero. He just mentioned that they have 19-21 players with first round grades. We are guaranteed to get one of them where we pick. There are probably 10-12 BLUE chip prospects. We are lucky as many teams need a QB & OLINE ahead of us. We’ll have a ton of options at 15.
  4. So who do you think are the 19/21 players with first round grades?
  5. I do believe the Chiefs offered Hill a decent amount of money. Dolphins were willing to offer 30m a year plus draft capital. I can’t remember but I thought Hill was willing to take less from the Chiefs until the Dolphins went big and he couldn’t say no.
  6. That trade also had a little something to do with the QB Reid has and the TE as well. Forget their names but both are said to be well above average.
  7. That off course if Ballard traded back and cannot get my initial favs
  8. I’m thinking a trade back is most likely. I’m just hoping it’s not out of the 1st round(unless there’s a future number 1 given, then I might be okay with it)
  9. I wouldn't mind a draft of Higgins and Cooper if they were able to pull that off lol
  10. 30 for a receiver is the very near the end.
  11. Yes. I feel like we’ve agreed on this for at least a month now. It all makes too much sense for us to trade back (note: I’m not saying I agree, I’d rather hold and pick at 15). Really feels like the Colts view this draft as having about 5-8 truly elite players and then it drops off.
  12. no. Just the same thing over and over like the rest of these yayhoos on this forum. Broken records.
  13. I agree. Unless an offensive weapon is BPA, I would prefer the Colts go defense or OL if everyone is graded really close
  14. And it's not really working out for the teams that do make that trade. To me, u make a trade for a receiver if u have most of theteam behind u to make a push. Colts have holes on defense.
  15. It was also 13yrs ago. The trend since has been to trade for an established receiver. Hill, Adams, Diggs, Jones, Brown, Hopkins, Cooks, Beckham Jr etc all have been blockbuster trades. The Falcons trading two 1st, a 2nd and a 4th for a rookie is by far the exception.
  16. Today
  17. Tobin did an excellent job...r.i.p
  18. https://www.nfl.com/news/bill-tobin-longtime-nfl-executive-dies-at-age-83 He drafted some all time great players like Harrison, and of course is famous for his verbal match with Mel Kiper. RIP!
  19. Then begs the question. Do u want to say draft a MJH at 4 and turn around in 4 years or would u say draft Turner and pay him 30mill in 4 years? All day every day for the franchise rush end. I am not a big believer in 30 mill for a wr. Reid is a fantastic coach and look what he did with Hill.
  20. I literally just posted that clip, it's where the conversation about QBs started.
  21. Funny you brought this up. I just listened to an interview Ballard did today with Rich Eisen. He asked him if he has given any thought on how many quarterbacks will be taken before our pick and how many does he think. He said sure we go through those evaluations. It helps us with for planning purposes. He asked him how many. 4 or 5 or 6? He laughed out loud at 6. He said Rich if it’s 6 we will be so excited. Let’s hope so. He also said the draft board is not yet set. Won’t be until the night before the draft. He also said he has had multiple conversations with other GM’s concerning the draft. Preparing themselves for opportunities that could take place. And they will continue up until the draft starts. He said trade conversations won’t really materialize until you are within three picks of any trade. Giving you time to finalize it. Interesting interview. Oh he pretty much ruled out moving up for Harrison. Going up into the top of the draft would be very costly for him he said. Thinks he’s a great talent but he thinks he’s pretty much out of our reach.
  22. I personally wouldn’t touch Williams with a 10 foot pole. He seems like a distraction and cancerous. He may be Uber talented but I don’t feel like he is a winner, and don’t feel like his heart is in it. I think he gets the bag and just sets it on cruise control. There is absolutely nothing to base this off of aside from my gut feeling. Maye Daniels Penix Nix McCarthy Maye is your prototype passer and I think his deficiencies are easily fixed with good coaching. Daniels seems the most limited to me, proficient and will be very dependent on where he goes. Will always have a soft spot for Penix, he throws such a pretty deep ball. His 40 time should have opened some eyes. Nix is probably the safest pick IMO. I think he’s got the tools to fit nearly any offense. Has the athleticism, arm talent and I think he’s got the between the ears to excel in most offenses. I see the appeal with McCarthy, he was as unselfish as they come allowing the run game to shine instead of checking to pass plays. I think his ceiling is a solid game manager.
  23. I'd imagine he's going bald. Most men his age usually are when they start sporting the caps 24/7.
  24. Did I say something dumb? Maybe give reasons why one should trust and agree with Ballard's team building philosophy going into his 8th season. He's been pretty average to, dare I say it, below average so far into his tenure.
  25. I think there is a pretty good chance that (5) QBs go before #15. (4) is 100%, imo. Would be crazy if (6) went in top 13. There is quite a few teams on the prowl though, so you never know.
  1. Load more activity